main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions In real life what would you be a Jedi or a Sith?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Jedi. Sith are two evil.

SkywalkerShine and Sarge like this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Two evil?

Oh, Rule of Two...

[​IMG]

3. Darth Voorhees

Darth Voorhees Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2017
    I'd be a sith, the power of two is alluring.

4. CLee

CLee Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 18, 2017
    Probably grey & independent Jedi like Kyle in Jedi Knight.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Son and I were discussing this today in the car, he said 'Nope, you ain't no Jedi mum, that temper gives you away as does your lack of patience!'......I pondered for a moment, 'But not a Sith, I couldn't be that evil' I answered. He gave a nod and said 'Agreed, you threaten to kill, but as far as I know you never have'. I smirked, that amused me. 'I'm Grey in RL I think mate." he turned to me and said 'About 85-90% of the population of this planet are mum'. He has a good point.

Note: Kid is 18

6. Admiral Keller

Admiral Keller Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2017
    I've always enjoyed roleplaying a Sith but in real life I'm too damn lawful good to be anything but a Jedi.

Sarge and Adalia-Durron like this.
  7. Psychenous

Psychenous Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2017
    As if my profile pic isn't a major clue already I would say Jedi. The practical philosophy of the Jedi regarding control of emotions, passiveness, embracing serenity, and approaching matters with reason and logic before resorting to passion and violence are all things I admire and strive for in my own life.
    I am already in my daily life the sort of person who looks at passion as a weakness and who applies reason to pretty much everything I overcome. I am more Jedi than I am Sith in any case. In another galaxy some would call me a Vulcan.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  8. Praetor_Canis

Praetor_Canis Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2018
    Sith, obviously. Based on what I know about actual Taoist philosophy, the Sith are in more line with it. Not so many rules for the average Taoist priest, and great alcohol are provided at the temples. Anyone ever watched the Kungfu classic, “Swordsman” from Hong Kong?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Praetor_Canis

Praetor_Canis Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2018
    Sith, obviously. Based on what I know about actual Taoist philosophy, the Sith are in more line with it. Not so many rules for the average Taoist priest, and great alcohol are provided at the temples. Anyone ever watched the Kungfu classic, “Swordsman” from Hong Kong?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    The Aing Tii seem like an interesting group to join if we can include non Sith non Jedi groups.

Anyway probably an indepedent Grey Jedi.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Adalia-Durron likes this.
  11. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    a sith with my temper how could i not be though hopefully less emo then kylo ren

12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Remember the Jedi and Sith are both religious organizations and both require a high degree of commitment and involvement.

Being a Sith means abandoning your previous life entirely, possibly being asked to kill those you love, and in the Baneite era at least being under your master's thumb for the first decade or more of your apprenticeship(if the Plagueis novel is anything to go by).

Being a Jedi has its own restrictions-depending on the era no marriage in the prequel era and for centuries previous and during Luke's NJO you have more freedom but still there'd be expectations.

So my fantasy would be a grey Jedi-who operates mostly indepedently of the council except for maybe annual reports and such having my own awesome ship and being free to travel the galaxy of my own volition.

13. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    A very bad Jedi...........but too good in the heart to be a Sith..........

Tython Awakening and Sarge like this.
  14. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I would need to be a Jedi. :luke: My lightsaber :greensaber: would hopefully only be used for self-defense and saber cadences. My time would be devoted to a life as a Jedi researcher and lore keeper in a pastoral existence. :yoda:

15. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    If this question would have been asked of me over ten years ago, I would have had no idea how to respond, because of my jumping from one side to another so frequently. Now, I can say with certainty that I would be on the Light side, but not a Jedi, because their teachings are far too strict In my opinion. Being a Sith just doesn't fit who I am in real life. Role playing is a different story as far as both sides go, because that's just for fun.

Sarge likes this.
  16. Gunsmithcat

Gunsmithcat Jedi Knight

Mar 13, 2017
    I'd rather be a Sith. Many People deserve to be force-choked. :D

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  17. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    I feel that I would want to be a Gray Jedi like Qui-Gon and Jolee, who both operate outside the Council and do things their own way.

Sarge likes this.
  18. Your Pal Friendpatine

Your Pal Friendpatine Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2017
    There are few people on planet Earth who have what it would take to be a Jedi, myself included, and unless you're a monk or something you're not one of them. I also doubt anybody on this board is really Sith material, at least I hope none of you have murder/genocide in your future (though it's more realistic one of us could be corrupted to that point than the sacrifices of being a Jedi), just people who think the outfits/ships are cooler.

DarthIshyZ and Nom von Anor like this.
  19. Benster7703

Benster7703 Jedi Knight

Jan 8, 2018
    I would be a Jedi at the time of Luke’s order on the Jedi temple at Yavin 4.

No way I’m dying a virgin.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Then why are you posting here? ;)

21. RandySolo

RandySolo Jedi Knight

Jun 12, 2018
    I'd like to think I'd be a Jedi, but if I'm honest with myself, the temptation of Power would be too hard to resist, so, Sith.

22. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I don't think I would do to bad amongst the ancient sith. I could probably maintain my composure and be able to scheme with other sith lords.

23. crazyewok

crazyewok Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 27, 2017
    Neither. Dark jedi all the way, I wanna use that power purely for my on selfish self interest and not be tied to any ideology [face_devil]

24. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    I would be a staunch Jedi, a fierce follower of the light. But then something would happen and my entire core would be rocked from one side to the other.

I would either fall to the dark side or retire from the light.
    [​IMG]

25. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    I'm another person with a probably obvious profile pic, but Jedi. They're not exactly Buddhist, but close enough that it's something I could get behind, and meditation and letting go and understanding the perils of attachment/clinging is a helpful process even without powers that can potentially drive you insane. (Though I doubt I'd ever be hardcore enough to achieve the level of Special-Forces-esque training required for active duty, or be ready to be shot at by criminals. I'd probably be one of those Jedi with a Temple job or voluntarily pass on seeking knighthood and go sign up for the agricultural branch. Making crops grow with space magic sounds nice.)

Also I'm asexual enough to not even care at all about the marriage ban tbh, even if Lucas hadn't clarified that they're not actually celibate. I'd seek ordination in real life if my health allowed it.

Christus Regnet likes this.