main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Materials (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and Episode IX - SEE WARNING ON PAGE 41

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jan 4, 2018.

1. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    So Disney reaffirms that multiple Star Wars tv shows are in the works and nobody is talking about it?

TadoFett likes this.
  2. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    It’s a children’s comic. Seriously, is there not a single thing you won’t complain about?

3. MasterPrince713

MasterPrince713 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2017
    How much time you got? :D

4. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    indeed, this should give people a thought why there is less and less talking about such things. ;)

5. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Most of us are too busy being excited about the 7 or so new films being cooked up. We're enjoying Star Wars. Weird concept, huh?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  6. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    agree to disagree, nothing to be excited for me.

MasterPrince713 likes this.
  7. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Lucas told us Underworld was coming for YEARS. Until movement is made, I have no reason to really discuss it. Hire a show runner, and then I'll be excited, lol.

MasterPrince713 likes this.
  8. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Not thrilled at having to sign up for another subscription service to watch a new Star Wars show. I guess I could sign up and watch the whole season and then cancel my subscription like I did with Showtime/Twin Peaks.

9. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I have little kids, so I will be getting the Disney service with or without Star Wars.

On a side note, I'm glad I've decided to only pick up EU books that show up on the timeline within the books themselves. All these movies and shows will be plenty.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Darth Vader #11 preview.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Thanks as always for posting the previews here @Ancient Whills.

This looks really interesting!

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I hope when FOD returns with the shorts we will see some shorts of these two.

JoJoPenelli likes this.
  13. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  14. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I wonder if some of the movies we're hearing about - ie the Benioff and Weiss films - will be released exclusively on the new streaming platform?

That would be one way to incentivise a sign up.

15. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Poe Dameron #24 preview.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TadoFett likes this.
  16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Interesting idea, even though part of me thinks that movies should always be in theaters first (the stigma of "made for TV" or "direct to DVD"). But I know Netflix has already done this some with some of their original movies. And as far as motivation goes, I think it could help. For me personally, I don't think I'll be signing up if it's just for the TV shows.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  17. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I just think it's the way things are going. And it might shake up the fatigue factor by doing something a little bit different.

EHT likes this.
  18. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Some of the streaming output these days is impressive. I wouldn't even call it TV anymore--TV was a broadcast medium, and this is something very different. It's a new medium: longform on-demand cinematic storytelling.

Luke'sSeveredHand and TadoFett like this.
  19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Artoo-Dion likes this.
  20. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Agreed. Some of the last season of Game of Thrones was as good if not better than most theatrical output.

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It makes sense given the fact that they haven't announced how many of these films they're making which could mean it's open ended. If that's the case then that seems more suitable for a streaming service. And since we also already have a "showrunner" on the theatrical side with Kennedy it would also make sense that she'd be handing those duties off to Benioff and Weiss for a made for streaming film series rather than one meant for theaters.

Satipo likes this.
  22. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    There went Amidala's gowns...

IncessantRamblings likes this.
  23. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    The Protosaber from the Secrets of the Empire VR experience, carries on with the tuning 'fork design' seen in both Jedha's Temple of the Kyber, and Vader's castle on Mustafar.

"One of the things we landed on early was this idea of a tuning fork — a twin tower kind of look. And it was really interesting, because then that started to give Gareth a lot of ideas like, “Well, maybe the structure is built this way because it is like a tuning fork. It’s tuning the dark side in terms of the energy.” And then we actually carried that even further to Jedha. The Jedha temple, the tower there, mirrors this but on the good side. So when you see the film, you can start to see, “Okay, Jedha had its own tower, which was configured like a tuning tower. Vader’s tower, Vader’s castle, had the same thing but it was made in black, whereas Jedha was white.” - Doug Chiang

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That is absolutely brilliant.

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  25. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    If Benioff/Weiss do in fact curate a series of films set in the Old Republic period, I hope we see at least one of these on screen.

TadoFett and sheri1967 like this.