main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion UPDATED: Game of Thrones Creators NOT to Write/Produce a New Series of Star Wars Films

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Diego Lucas, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Apologies if this is a bit graphic...
    But, I don't really want to see a bunch of boobs and wieners flopping all over the place in a SW movie.

2. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    If we're going to get an Old Republic series, I'd prefer for it to have a completely different visual style than the video games, which essentially riffed off established aesthetics. If your narrative takes place thousands of years prior to the Skywalker saga, have the technology and designs reflect that.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    kessel-kid likes this.
  3. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Darth Plagueis is the Three-Eyed Raven confirmed.

4. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    @DarthHutt Exactly. Those jokes and complaints are lazy. Neither they are hired for graphic content nor they think it belongs in SW. If anything, KK wants epic scale and GoT is more epic and cinematic than most blockbusters. New ST movies feel small due to recycling of characters, planets, vehicles, gadgets, etc. If KK wants SW to look fresh and not like a remake/reboot, more power to her and D&D are perfect for the job.

5. iluvupadme

iluvupadme Jedi Master star 1

Oct 19, 2009
    Oh boy this is going to be gooooood! GOT meets SW
    I'm also excited as hell for the multiple tv series they are planning.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Huh? These guys are not planning TV series for SW.

7. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I have to say that this announcement along with the RJ trilogy has me less anti-anthology prequels these days.

Now that we’re getting a bunch of new films outside the Skywalker Saga I’m cooler with Disney also revisiting the old characters and stories.

Kole and Satipo like this.
  8. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    It's certainly not unusual - but in the case of Benioff and Weiss they're not directing anyway.

9. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Great news! That said:

For the love of ALL THAT IS HOLY........

OLD RE - PUB - LIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please.

kalzeth likes this.
  10. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I think "they" here refers to Lucasfilm, not the makers of GoT ;)

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That is a possibility. :p

12. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    It's crazy to think that at this point we now have a prospective 7-9 more films coming up after Episode IX.

- RJ trilogy
    - New series (longer than a trilogy, so a minimum of four)
    - Potentially Kenobi
    - Potentially Fett

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  13. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    Do you mean it's some sort of damage control?

14. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Jeff Sneider says the rumor going around Hollywood is Lucasfilm has secretly hired at least one female screenwriter to work on another SW movie. They are waiting to announce it.

kalzeth likes this.
  15. BlurryUFOs

BlurryUFOs Jedi Master star 3

Sep 24, 2016
    sorry, the writers/plotters/whatever they are. that’s odd. it’s like their involvement is supposed to be the pull of the production. speaks to priorities.

EDIT: if there was an idea and they thought of these guys to flesh it out, that’s telling and i’m excited for it

16. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    It's already come out that they do have a very specific story in mind centering around a specific part of the mythology.

17. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    It wasn't only from that article. There was a long YouTube video as well from the GOT wiki guy. But anyway, my position is that I don't think that GOT stuff will carry over into Star Wars. GOT is not moral on every level basically. It contains a lot of violence against women (and men), is deliberately disturbing, and isn't even going to treat these topics in a moral manner on a meta level. That's just the sort of show it is. I would be more interested in looking at female characters vs. male characters on a whole and the extent to which they are developed and so on. GOT is setting up a finale in which the two main players will probably be female: Dany vs. Cersei. It looks like Jon Snow is significant as heir to the Iron Throne (but he is only heir because he is male) and he doesn't have the parallels to the villain that Dany does. Jon is a better parallel to Jaime, IMO. I can't say I don't believe Dany or Cersei are not well developed characters. Their problems though are largely shaped by the world they exist in, which is a dark patriarchy (and shouldn't be the Star Wars universe). I am not sure that subtle sexism from B&W would necessarily be any worse than other male filmmakers. If they are too problematic, KK will fire them. And I think if LFL wants to lessen the subtle sexism effect they should maybe have more women involved in creating stories and directing them and get more diverse casts/characters.

18. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    How is it connected to B&W, though?

19. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    My guess right now is that the GOT guys are doing an Old Republic series, Rian is doing a trilogy set in the Unknown Regions, and we get anthologies taking place within the episodic films, and throw in tv series. This is all too much, yet so perfect!

kalzeth, Palp_Faction and oncafar like this.
  20. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    That's my guess too. Or maybe GOT guys are going back even earlier than the Old Republic.

*waits for the guesses to all be wrong*

kalzeth and Ubraniff Zalkaz like this.
  21. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I don't see a problem here. While I'd love for more diverse voices direct, write and come to the table, and I honestly think it's necessary ... I think these guys know how to tell a good story. They've managed to adapt GRRMs works, adult or not, for the screen. And I don't think that means that those adult adaptations are now the only thing they can do well. Take out that stuff and GOT is about good vs evil, politics, war, myth, history, magic, fantasy, world-building, tossing out old cliches, all told within an epic story. I'm pretty sure they can tell a star wars story.

Give me some GFFA style dragons, or other mythological Force elemental beasts of yore that the heroes have to fight against or defeat.

oncafar likes this.
  22. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    Yes, yes, what D are you? =D=

Also:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D&D get it. ^:)^

23. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Great idea. Get to see a "Wild West" GFFA with early interaction between the Jedi and other civilizations. In a time where either hyperdrive doesn't exist or the tech is in its very early years.

This planet in lore that is being used for star wars land

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Batuu

Has a history that predates the hyperdrive, where civilizations were stuck on sub light speed.

Maybe set in a time which the first jedi temple is a recant construction.

Or the films can be about the foundation of the 1st Old Republic. So while eventually a galactic republic arises, for a while the setting is still pre-republic.

oncafar likes this.
  24. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I agree with this, but only to an extent.

IMO if it's going to fit into the GFFA, it should still follow some aesthetic continuity elements, i.e. lightsaber blade look, sounds, blaster and ship sound effects, space scenes looking similar, (meaning not like the difference between Star Trek's kelvin timeline from the originals, where suddenly every inch of space is painted with nebulas etc.), the hyperspace tunnels.....things like that that would be represented as a constant in the galaxy throughout time.

But for other things, like technology, cities, dress, etc. I agree there should be a difference there to truly represent the difference in time. IMO one of the things I didn't like about the soldiers in the games was that their armor looked way too close to stormtrooper armor.

25. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    They should get that Julian Glover guy (Grand Maester Pycelle) to be in a Star Wars film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.