main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer #2

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 8, 2017.

1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    All that stuff on the desert beach, and that speeder chase, were all seen from a distance in spy photos while Lord and Miller were in charge.

It was never going to be a hypercolour Guardians of the Galaxy.

I will suggest the overall tone of the movie has stayed the same. Ron's job has been to make it work.

{Quantum/MIDI} likes this.
  2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I agree with what you've put. However, Lord and Miller have surprised me somewhat. I really did think it would be slightly more colourful and, dare I say it, whimsical. However, the look they went for suits a Han Solo film better, I think.

3. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    We may never know exactly all of the behind-the-scenes events that occurred during the production of this film, but, I do think Howard reshot a good majority of this film. The time he was on board as a director and the time spent with additional filming seemed pretty lengthy. While a Lucasfilm alumnus, you don't just hire a director of Ron Howard's caliber (an Oscar Best Director and Best Picture winner) to come and do a couple of reshoots, and then not get full credit as the director. I'm sure he shot enough to receive sole director credit, and then some. The pre-production and concept designs of costumes, ships, planets, etc. would have all been done under Lord and Miller, but the footage and feel of the film I imagine is mostly all Howard's.

I do agree with you, though. One of my thoughts watching the teasers is that something about it seems like a Ron Howard film.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Ricardo Funes and Krueger like this.
  4. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    I'm liking the pre-New Hope feel.

Dukeleto69 likes this.
  5. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    All these older fans that go on about how star wars is runied now sound like a bunch of jaded old farts. They're like rabble rabble i like old star wars better than new star wars cause it's old and so am i. Am i the only person over 30 who is liking or dare i say even loving the new stuff? You read that correctly! Even (GASP!) the last Jedi. Like it or not Star wars will out live us all and we're just gonna have to grow with it or pick another fandom.

How is it that Marvel can crap out comic movies every six months and people line up in droves yet 9 star wars movies and oh god make it stop!
    Milk that cow i say! Just don't slip back into ewok adventures level of quality and we'll be just fine!

6. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    I really can't wait for this movie. I think it's being underestimated, and I think a lot of people will be surprised about the quality of the characters and script for a Han backstory. Lots of Easter Eggs and a fun popcorn space fantasy flick.

I actually really appreciated TLJ, but afterward SW needs a FUN entry. I think SOLO will be a good time.

Kasdan, Ron Howard, young Han and Lando. Chewie. Shiny new Falcon. Yes, please!

7. Jason79

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah maybe for those who thought TLJ was a downer Solo will be their uplifting star wars flick! I bet Hans lady friend dies though. I just got that feeling.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    @Jason79 There have already been three warnings to stay on topic and stop discussing other users. This will be the final one. Stay on topic.

9. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    I’m very intrigued after watching the trailer. Mannerisms, visuals and the overall tone seems to fit. Looking forward to seeing more before it’s release.

10. Jason79

Oct 31, 2012
    I was talking about older fans in general. Not specifically anyone on this site. Sorry for the confusion.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It doesn't matter. It's not the topic of this thread either way.

12. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    Do people think Clarke's character is for sure a love interest and if so will she be dead by the end of the film?

13. entourage

entourage Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    And that's perfectly fine and it's what it should be. By that I mean there SHOULD be a reaction. You are excited, others are sceptical. But for some reason the not overly excited folks have to justify their feelings because "all we got is a teaser". [face_thinking] We all know it's just a teaser.

14. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    edit: was responding to something but decided to delete to accord with prior moderator requests to stay on topic after seeing them

{Quantum/MIDI} likes this.
  15. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    It looks REALLY awesome from an aesthetics standpoint. It matches that gritty, Rogue One vibe; it looks like you took the OT and turned the saturation way, way down. I love that!

Lando looks awesome. Emilia and Woody look like they’ll fight right in. They look like real Star Wars characters.

But Alden throws me way the heck off. He’s just not Han Solo. He bears no resemblance and carries none of the vibrato. That could ruin the entire film for me.

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  16. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    When McGregor was announced as Obi Wan for Ep 1 I remember being outraged, now he’s almost more Obi Wan than Guinness for me.

I’m optimistic that Alden is a great actor with oodles of charisma and I think he’s going to make a great Han.

GunganSlayer, I know, Krueger and 2 others like this.
  17. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Oh, and Lando rocks!

18. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I suspect she's either a Corporate or Imperial Agent.
    Either she betrays them killing a friend of Lando's possibly responsible for Lobot or Harrelson's character double-crosses them expecting Han & Lando to kill each other but although rivals unknown to him they're also friends causing his effort to fail resulting in a confrontation where he ends up arrested but thanks to Emilia's character Han walks away thoroughly disheartened by how he's been played.

19. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Han Solo is ironically the least interesting aspect of this movie for me, especially after watching the teaser and the trailer. Lando, Mad Max extra, Space Tentacles and that random but super charismatic Imperial officer from the teaser are what making me hyped.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  20. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014

He's definitely a good actor and he's definitely got the charisma. I think the key is going in with an open mind as much as possible. He's not going to be Ford so the only way to get past that is to let that go if possible.

21. Dukeleto69

Dukeleto69 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2017
    Watched the two Solo trailers multiple times and...wow I am stoked!

I was one of the people who was not particularly wanting a Solo movie. In fact I didn't want any of the anthology films to focus on known characters (except perhaps in cameos). For me Rogue One is the perfect anthology movie.

However, based on the trailers this looks great (and not a Jedi in sight which is perfect). It has a great aesthetic that seems unified with what we saw in RO. Even though we don't get Harrison (obviously) I am now optimistic for this film.

I know, Giovs, wobbits and 1 other person like this.
  22. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I see nothing wrong with people who are excited for the film based on the trailer but hyper bowl is not a good way to go about it in a negative way.

23. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    apparently Ron Howard re shot 80% to 90% of the film so I would say mostly Ron Howard. but I would be curious to hear Lord and Miller after they see the film to hear from them how much of there film was used? also will Lord and Miller get any kind of credit in the credits of the film?

24. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Seriously. Is there ANYONE not excited about this???

Actually, I know there is but I can not understand for the life of me think why.

From EW:

Described as “a Western crossed with a film noir, freighted with offbeat humor and set in the criminal underbelly of a galaxy being torn apart,” Solo will bet set several years before the character’s original introduction in 1977’s Star Wars. Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy described the film as “a heist, gunslinger type movie,” saying this about the title character: “He might be a little more immature, he may be a little less experienced, and he may hone his cynicism over time, but he’s very wary. He needs to gain the respect of the people he interacts with, even if they’re the lowest of the low.”

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm psyched! I've gone from being cautiously optimistic, to as excited as I've been for any of the new films. I like the trailer that much.