main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Dec 29, 2014.

1. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Ah man, every day I wake up right now there is a fabulous new Solo goody just waiting for me. I live in Alaska, so I wake up after everyone else (except Hawaii :))

These pics, and the little bits of story now coming out, not to mention the trailer, all look fantastic. I can not wait for this, I have every belief right now that this is gonna be at least as good as Rogue One!

Sheesh. Its good being a SW fanatic at the moment.

2. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    Between the announcement of a new film series from the Game of Thrones guys and all this new info about Solo, I am a very content fan.

themoth, Avnar, wobbits and 1 other person like this.
  3. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I think Bob Iger said we would see Han Solo from age 18 to 24 in this movie.

If they are keeping his legends birth year of 29 BBY, the film would start in 11 BBY and end in 5 BBY.

And Pablo recently said that the entire Solo movie takes place before Lando's first appearance in Star Wars Rebels, which was in 4 BBY.

I think it's almost certain that the Solo movie will end 5 years before ANH.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

4. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Ah right. id be shocked if they didn't leave the door open to possibly make another Han Solo Movie after this.

Hopeless, Satipo and cwustudent like this.
  5. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    or someday reboot Indiana Jones!

6. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I'm not going to lie, seeing the steering wheel thing on the Falcon is weird. I don't think we've ever seen it before.

7. entourage

entourage Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    I have to admit. Still not happy with AE but those new images look really good. Especially Chewie and Han in action. And ist it me or does Chewie look more like Chewie than in TFA and TLJ?

Jamtia and kalzeth like this.
  8. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Harrison's impact in the new movie:

http://ew.com/movies/2018/02/07/harrison-ford-solo-star-wars-story/

"What [Ford] did so beautifully for Alden was he talked a lot about what he remembered when he first read Star Wars, and what George had done with Han. Who the character was and the conversations he had for so many years with George about how that character developed,” Kennedy says. “He gave Alden that kind of insight which was invaluable. There were several times in the course of making the movie where Alden would actually recount some of the things that Harrison had pointed out. I think that was really, really helpful to him.”

Hopeless, themoth, TadoFett and 6 others like this.
  9. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Old.

About six years I think.

Always been there.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  10. entourage

entourage Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    This might be the most Star Wars'y image of the entire Disney era so far.

[​IMG]

11. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    They've got Alden for a 3 film contract.

Here's another good article. They asked Alden to describe the relationships with Lando and Qi'ra. Article reveals that the droid played by Phoebe Waller Bridge belongs to Lando.

https://screenrant.com/han-solo-movie-lando-qira-details/

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  12. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I'm not sure if that means solo sequels though. He could easily show up in a Lando film. And then maybe even a post RotJ Luke film. There are a LOT of ways they could use Han besides just sequels.

13. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    New. Ship is newer in the movie.

14. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Nice observation in the EW article:

Satipo and TK327 like this.
  15. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Older than the one we know.

16. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    But within context it's new in the film.

DarkGingerJedi likes this.
  17. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    But that's not how my sentence works. Now does it. I dig the <old> Falcon interior....would mean something else. It would mean I dig the OT one, the one we've always known.

18. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
  19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Let's move on.

20. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013

Oh, you can bet your pit droid and old bantha on it, that's for sure! They've gone to all the trouble of recasting several beloved SW characters in their youth...we can almost expect that we'll see further adventures of these characters, as played by Ehrenreich, Glover, and Suotamo. The same applies for Ridley, Boyega, and Issac. Maybe the "Skywalker Saga" ends at Episode IX, but it won't be the last we'll see from those latter three.

Personally, I will admit that the influx of Solo trailers, information, and images are really winning me over. That said, I've don't really want, or care, to see Han, Chewie, or Lando's backstories. I don't really want to see how Han gets the Falcon, I don't want to see what the Falcon looked like when it was new, I don't want to see how Han and Chewie meet, I don't want to see the Kessel Run, nor do I want to see how Han meets Lando, and then becomes owner of the Falcon.

But.

There are so, so many fans (of all ages) that would love to see these stories. Hell, my own childhood self would have loved to have been here, present day to witness the telling of these stories, and the plethora of SW films in the pipeline. Throughout my life, I've had so much enjoyment playing as Han or Chewie, playing with action figures, reading comics and books, and just dreaming day and night. Those are memories I can keep, and like any good story or myth, there is worth in experiencing---and enjoying---others' interpretations of the same characters and stories. Harrison Ford will always remain one of my favorite actors. To me, he is Han Solo--and Indiana Jones--but like River Phoenix or Sean Patrick Flanery, or the six EON James Bond actors, a good, memorable character will always remain memorable and noteworthy, and it's ok, and indeed necessary, that other actors have the opportunity to interpret such characters.

AndyLGR, TadoFett and Krueger like this.
  21. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Agreed, the more I see the more I like. I'm not sure if it'll be better than Rogue One, but with Ron at the helm I know it'll be a solid movie.

wobbits likes this.
  22. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    When I first saw the picture on my small smartphone I thought there are two Wookies sitting there [face_laugh]

23. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Maybe that's why Chewie liked Han so much. [face_laugh]

kalzeth, Lt. Hija and Darth Smurf like this.
  24. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I was getting that impression when they synchronized their engage signal..... reminded me of the dance scene in Ex Machina. Sort of.

25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    George got in a little direction on Solo.
    http://ew.com/movies/2018/02/09/ron-howard-solo-a-star-wars-story/

“He came by to visit the first day that I picked up shooting. George and his wife, Melody, came by to pay a little set visit. It made me feel great,” Howard says.

Lucas, the father of Star Wars who handed it off to another generation to become the grandfather of Star Wars, even gave him some advice that sounds straight out of the Obi-Wan playbook.

“He told me just trust my instincts, you know?” Howard says with a laugh. “I know he kind of fundamentally feels like, first and foremost, [these films are] sort of for 12-year-old boys, and yet even he knows that it’s grown so far beyond that, and the fans have grown with the series in a great, important way. So he didn’t offer a lot of advice except, ‘You’ll get this.’”

That brief set visit became a longer one. And a longer one.

“He had intended to just kind of stop by and say hi, and he stayed five hours,” Kennedy says. “There’s even one little moment in a scene that — I can’t tell you what, sorry — but in the scene on the Millennium Falcon where George said, ‘Why doesn’t Han just do this.’”

In other words, George Lucas helped direct a small part of Solo.

“It actually is a funny little bit that will probably get a laugh,” Kennedy says. “And Ron happened to be by the monitor and not inside the Falcon and he goes, ‘Oh that’s a great idea,’ and ran in and said, ‘George wants us to do this.’ So that was pretty cool. I think George felt pretty great about that. He could revisit these characters, and I think he felt so comfortable, obviously with Ron being there, that it was just fun for him.

Lucas’ final wisdom for his old American Graffiti actor: “just enjoy this.”

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018