main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation All anthology films lead to Episode IV?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ObidioJuan, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Voldemort

Darth Voldemort Jedi Master star 1

Oct 21, 2014
    I would say that's the case for most of the upcoming anthology films, but not all of them. We did have the Ewok adventure films and they happened after A New Hope. In fact they were complete anthologies since you didn't need to watch anything before or after to understand them. They had their own individual stories. I know they're not canon, but they still fall under the EU publications which include canon/non-canon stuff.

We could have future films parallel to the OT (like the Ewok films) of life under the Empire or individual characters, but for now they'll be fan works. Another possibility would be a film like Rogue Two: Bothan spies or Bothan Spies: A Star Wars Story, though that could take place before Return of the Jedi.

Sab Jo likes this.
  2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    As soon as the ST is complete, I'd imagine we would see films filling the time gap between ROTJ and TFA.

Sab Jo likes this.
  3. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
  4. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Hopefully not. I would rather we move really outside the Saga (i.e. KOTOR) or if the Solo movie does well re-use the cast and do a film in between ANH and ESB centered around Han again and his comment about the Bounty hunter that made him want to go back and pay Jabba.

Sab Jo likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So far it is looking likely. We will see after Kenobi what comes next.

6. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I think they’ll do a Kenobi film set before ANH. But after that I’m not sure what they’ll do.

7. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
  8. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    I am pretty sure the Anthology movies will continue, alongside Rian's trilogy (which will replace the saga movies in the schedule, 2021, 23, 25 then Episode X premiere's on the 50th anniversary of ANH in 2027)

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I still really want anthology films set before TPM.

10. Powerful Lord

Powerful Lord Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2015
    Why not both? KotOR is perfect for a new trilogy, to fill in while there's no Episodic trilogy. While in the meantime they can keep releasing stand-alone anthologies.

It would be a bit of a waste for them not to make a Knights of Ren spin-off while Adam Driver is still young and J. J. Abrams is still interested.

Sab Jo likes this.
  11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Some Sith Emperor in the Old Republic era dies, multiple new Sith Lords rise up to take his throne.
    Interference from the Jedi, the Republic, Mandos, the Hutt's, and something ancient threat is waking up.

Sab Jo and wobbits like this.
  12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    In the Roman Empire an Emperor would die, usually violently, and from around the distant corners of the Empire, Generals would declare "I am the next Emperor!" and march on Rome. You'd get a year or two of civil war until the most ruthless guy came out on top. Until he gets assassinated and the Game starts again.

Yeah. That could make for a Saga.

13. MadBoomBoom

MadBoomBoom Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    What about a Darth Sidious trilogy set 30-40 years before the TPM. I want to see sidious in his prime.

Sab Jo likes this.
  14. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I'm not sure how they would do this or what we would get. Harrison may not want to come back and Carrie is gone. Unless they cover some of the time frame when Ben Solo is a student with Luke with MH and AD. But didn't KK give them impression they want to move on from the Skywalkers?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We have three main leads in ANH and each represent a different aspect of the GFFA. Leia = Rebels/war, Han = underworld/crime and Luke = Jedi/religion. Now it looks like the first three spinoffs will not only focus on each individual aspect (Rogue One = Rebels/war, Solo = underworld/crime and Kenobi = Jedi/religion) but we could have each of the big 3 make appearances in these films. Leia has a cameo in Rogue One, Han is the main character of Solo and Luke could possibly appear in the Kenobi film. That's neat! :D

wobbits likes this.
  16. Clint Bevis

Clint Bevis Jedi Padawan

Jan 16, 2018
    I would love all of the anthology films (Solo, Obi Wan & Rogue One) to lead directly into ANH (Rogue One style) - even if a time gap at the end of Solo and Obi Wan is needed to achieve it. It would be a cool twist.

themoth likes this.
  17. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    If they make Kenobi, we will have an Anthology Trilogy

The Regular Mustache and themoth like this.
  18. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Indeed.

The newly announced trilogy could be about the Old Republic.
    The Rian trilogy could be after ROTJ or after IX.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  19. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Kenobi would also nicely round out the three "worlds" of Star Wars. Rogue One is set in the military world of the Rebels vs. the Empire. Solo is set in the criminal underworld. And Kenobi can be set in the world of the Force.

themoth and GregMcP like this.
  20. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    And then a movie that's just about the cute little creatures.
    Jawas and Ewoks and Porgs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.