main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I know it is not canon, but there have been grey Jedi in legends. What Ahsoka is currently does not fit the description, but perhaps Ezra can leave on that note? In the comic I am reading, they refer to Quigon as a grey Jedi. He follows them, but he is not afraid to take off his leash and go around the block himself if he disagrees with the council. Revan was a grey Jedi because they needed him for moral stuff and to have a good image, and he could even access the archives, but he did not really listen to the council anymore. In fact that kinda sounds like Kanan and Ezra already...

2. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    If you ever want to see me shudder with disgust, say the phrase "Grey Jedi".

Blech, what a hideous concept.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Bright Sith?

Jedi Princess and DarthSienna like this.
  4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  5. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Grey Jedi? No such thing, my friend. Not sure what the term even means but it doesn't exist in Star Wars.

6. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Same. I nearly break my keyboard every time they come up in an argument

7. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Yes, this concept existed. Darth Gravid was a "Light Sith"
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Gravid

8. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I hate that. Gravid wasn't a "light Sith," he gave up being a Sith.

9. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Moreover, Gravid wanted to destroy the Sith and remake them as a benevolent organization, much like the Jedi. Quite an interesting concept, actually. Perhaps he believed that using the Force to help others was right, but that the Jedi were wrong to restrain the use of their powers. But at the end, Force-wielders cannot straddle both sides of the proverbial fence. Sooner or later they will fall onto one side and the impact can often be very damaging.

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I’m sure there is a better example in ToR. That heretic Sith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MercenaryAce likes this.
  11. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Eh, we have Jedi who are "tainted" by the Dark Side but haven't fallen. Quinlan Vos, Cade Skywalker, Kyle Katarn, and other individuals have done the "Grey Jedi" thing in the Legends universe. Also, technically, Kanan before he redeemed himself. Being a Grey Jedi is NOT a good thing.

As for a Bright Sith, they existed in Starkiller and the Old Republic heroes.

kalzeth likes this.
  12. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Grey Jedi also has two different meanings anyway; Qui-Gon was called it (in The Stark Hyperspace War?) because he disagreed with the Council and walked his own path -- it wasn't anything to do with him flirting with the dark side. The other meaning, and the more fanon one, is a Jedi who uses the dark side but hasn't gone dark, which is pretty meaningless itself, and besides which "Dark Jedi" or just "dark-sider" tends to cover that.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Problem is, it's the "hasn't gone dark" that interests people the most.

The idea that "both the light side and the dark side of the force are necessary aspects - therefore both can be used, as long as the user is careful.

Jedi Knight Fett and BobaMatt like this.
  14. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
  15. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    This world is dying. How can we save it?

Use some of that Light Side healing energy and hit it with a couple doses of Dark Side Lightning.

No pain, no gain!

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

16. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    This sort of argument always reminds me of a comment I once saw here about how 'a good balance' can be achieved by following a healthy breakfast with chugging down bleach, or something like that.

17. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I want a clip!!! It’s 2 weeks away from the midseason premiere.

Also I wonder. Will Disney take a hiatus from animated series or will they launch something for the fall?

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I want doesn’t get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    wow, I didn't realize bigotry was allowed on this forum.

[​IMG]

20. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    No, that's a Gray Jedi, not a Grey Jedi. Sorry for any unintended offence, though, Yarael. Mr. Poof. Sir.

21. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I did not know it was such a controversial concept. I only bring it up as I was reading the comic about the Stark Hyperspace war, saw them describe Quigon as a grey Jedi, and when they defined it (still a Jedi but not always following the rules) I immediately thought of Kanan and Ezra. Not saying they will go dark side, but they do not always follow the rules, and that could help them find a way out of having to die. I know one of them already seems like a lost cause, but the other will probably make it out, and I think this would be a good argument to how you can have a Jedi running around. Ezra may see himself as a Jedi, but when someone like Yoda hears about him, he does not think so.

22. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm fine with Grey Jedi as defined in a few EU works as a Somewhat unconventional Jedi that will follow what they see is the will of the force over the council.

The problem is the other fan definition. the whole "useing the light and dark at the same time and somehow it's ok". Which is just awful.

ConservativeJedi321 and Vialco like this.
  23. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    But how many times can a Jedi defy the Council's orders before they expel the defiant Jedi from the Order? And if they are expelled from the Order, can they still call themselves Jedi? And if they do, does that still make them Jedi?

I'm reminded of Yoda from a recent comic.

[​IMG]

How much authority does the Council wield with Jedi that leave the Order?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  24. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    But also let's not forget the Council isn't exactly at its best in the prequel era, so Jedi who choose the will of the Force over stuffy Jedi clubhouse rules are probably closer to true Knights than just being labelled "Grey Jedi".

25. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    And again, the question arises. What is a "True Jedi Knight"?

Is a Jedi Knight who went his own way and never fought in the Clone Wars or the Sith more of a True Jedi than a Knight who stood bravely against the Sith and died defending the helpless in the war? If one followed their own path and another followed the Council which one is a better Jedi?

I should note that there is no record of a Jedi leaving the Order and still calling themselves a Jedi after they walk away.