main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I just started re-watching the Clone Wars. I stopped watching it at one point during original run. I watched S1 Ep1 and 2, but then switched to S3, where I had left off. In S1 Ep1, Toydaria became part of the Republic. Yet S3, Ep3 has the king professing their neutrality. What gives? Either you support the Republic or you don't. Did Toydaria switch back to neutral at some point?

cwustudent likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    S3E3 is a prequel to S1E1.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  3. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
  4. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Thanks! I knew my fellow SW fans could help. I didn't find anything in a Google search.

MandaloreRex2015 and cwustudent like this.
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I just rewatched the Clovis/Padme arc of Season 6. It really wasn't among my favorite arcs of TCW by any stretch; but I could see why it was important to be included. You really see the conflicts of emotions Anakin has relating to how he feels about Padme; more than you'd ever see in the movies. And OB1 senses the conflict too, even bringing up about his relationship with Satine.

TadoFett and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    One of my favorite part of this arc is how much of a troll Palpatine is. You can definitively see deliberately him playing on Anakin's insecurities.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It's just weird watching him manipulate everyone. He's manipulating the bounty hunter who's first on the scene firing at Padme and Clovis. He's manipulating the banking minister to create the secret fund that causes Clovis to be suspicious in the first place. He's manipulating the Senate to grant Clovis the authority to take over the banks, and then of course he influences Dooku to threaten Clovis into raising the interest rates on the Republic.

TadoFett, MandaloreRex2015 and J7Luke like this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I could never understand the outcome of the Yoda arc of Season 6/"Lost Missions". The Council puts all of the pieces together that Dooku was the Tyrannus who sanctioned the clone army all along; and yet they decide to continue to lead the troops to war with hardly any suspicion. And this, mind you, takes place shortly after the incident with the clone who's "inhibitor" chip malfunctioned and he shot and killed a Jedi.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Palpatine was a master minupilator. I am very excited to see what they do with him.

TadoFett, J7Luke and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  10. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    I have a question, I’m looking to buy the lost missions on blu Rey from Amazon uk but there seems to be two versions both at different prices. Cloud anyone tell me witch one I should get also do they play on Xbox one?

11. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    One of the blu-rays is an import from the US, whilst the other is from Germany. These are the only two countries that got the Season 6 release. The German one is cheaper, and has English language available.

cwustudent and PimpBacca like this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I thought the consoles aren't region specific in terms of playing DVDs and Blu-Rays.

PimpBacca likes this.
  13. Mr Bogan

Mr Bogan Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 28, 2016
    Not sure about DVDs, but blu rays have no region lock. @PimpBacca be sure to check carefully the content of each version, especially the extra stuff. I bought Season 6 blu rays from Amazon - not sure if german or american edition - and got many extras with it (IIRC, I even had the unfinished bad batch and Utapau arcs)

EDIT - Just checked, apparently both versions have the same running time and both mention the same extras. Also, it appears that the US version has a warning about being region locked. Since my blu ray player is a PS3 I have never experienced a "region-lock" issue, but probably you sould enquire about your own system compatibility with US blu rays

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    PimpBacca likes this.
  14. SWatB.com

SWatB.com Jedi Knight star 1

May 24, 2017
    Are they christophsians or not?

[​IMG]

Snafu55 likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Those guys seem to be the native human population. “Native” is not the right word though.

Snafu55 likes this.
  16. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    they're stand in's so it's cheaper not to make new models for the episode so they reused engineer models from Coruscant

17. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    That's exactly the point though. They had no choice at all but to continue relying on the clone army. Their alternative was to disband them somehow and surrender to the Separatist/let the Republic fall. They were in too deep at that point. They knew enough to piece together that the Sith had manipulated both sides into a war, but had not put together the inhibitor chip part. There was no reason to suspect the Kaminoans were doing anything against them, and the single incident was looked at as an isolated incident and covered up.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    J7Luke and cwustudent like this.
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But couldn't they have at least transferred the military over to Palpatine/Tarkin's authority and gone back to being the "peace keepers" of the galaxy? If you remember by the time of the "Fugitive" arc of Season 5, Tarkin has their own Military Police on Corusant. I'm sure at the time he'd love to have his own selected band of non-Jedi generals to lead the Clone army moving forward in the war.

TadoFett likes this.
  19. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I understand your line of thinking, but remember that by this point, the Jedi, while in no way suspecting Palpatine was a Sith, were concerned about his use of emergency powers, the morality of the military (including some of Tarkin's ideas) changes to legislation and overall corruption in the Republic. I don't think they would have considered handing over control of the military and retreating from their leadership role, given how things were going in the galaxy. Should they have? Maybe, but ultimately, that would have changed nothing given that the Jedi still would have been labeled traitors and destroyed. It was already too late for them.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    J7Luke likes this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But that's the thing; there were probably just as many people in the galaxy who supported the Jedi's role in the war as there were against it. And I just find it odd that they'd just forget about that incident when the Clone turned on his Jedi general; just as odd as it was for both Yoda and OB1 not to remember R2.

21. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    Rewatching the series again on Netflix and just finished episode 11 of season 1: Dooku Captured. In it, Anakin says he thought Gundarks are only found on Vancor and Obi Wan says this must be Vancor then...

My problem is in episode 2 Anakin and Obi Wan recall an adventure where Anakin saved Obi from a "nest of Gundarks". Was this Vancor? If so why did neither of them recognize the planet and if not why would Anakin think Gundarks are only found there??

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  22. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Well, they did crash on the planet, after infiltrating a Separatist ship, so they likely wouldn't know what part of space they were in.

I'd chalk it up to a combination of being dazed from the crash, and a fixation of catching Dooku. Then they're stuck in the cave, with no way to tell what planet they're on.

23. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Are those episodes even arranged chronologically? Episode 2 could be referencing episode 11, because through season 3 the show jumped around the timeline quite a bit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

24. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    He's talking about Episode 2 as in Attack of the Clones.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That's probably a good point if it's the case.