main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Accurate thread titles - Lit forum

Discussion in 'Communications' started by TiniTinyTony , Oct 19, 2017.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Since the rebirth of the new EU, I have a vested interest in the Literature forum. I began reading the new comics since they are all considered canon with the story lines presented in the movies and TV shows.

Jedi Ben has been an excellent asset in providing an up to date list of comics for us in Lit forum every Sunday. It's the first thread I check before diving into anything else. In my opinion, an informed fandom is a better fandom. If we know what's coming out and when it's available, we can go buy the comics which will hopefully lead to more comics getting produced for our enjoyment.

With all the work and detailed discussion that goes into the forum, and how fluid comic releases are on a weekly basis, it's unfortunate to see that the thread titles are not so fluid.

For example: the Captain Phasma 4 part story leading into The Last Jedi - which just completed with yesterday's release - has a thread title that is incorrect in two places: (1) it's not 1-5 and (2) it was last updated saying 1 of 5 was released.

I assume that mods are busy with matters that have higher priority when compared to accurate thread titles, but as you can surmise, the reason I raise this topic is that accurate thread titles are important to me and should be updated on a more consistent basis.

As a possible solution, I am willing volunteer my time to update the thread titles every Wednesday. I won't volunteer Jedi Ben for the job, but if he wanted to do it as well, I can't think of a better person to trust with that responsibility. He appears to have the same attention to detail that I have.

Thank you, mods, for taking this into consideration.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've mentioned your thread in our mod forum to make the Lit mods aware of it.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    In this respect, Triple T has gone from student to Jedi Knight of comics!

It's gotten quite a bit more complex with IDW now in the frame so I do appreciate his help on this, between us we've managed to cover it well and hopefully save many posters lots of frustration - in that they don't go looking for a book that isn't yet out!

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The comic issue thread titles are almost entirely on me- I'm usually the one keeping tabs on these or making sure they conform to the same naming system and track them in the comic thread index.

Over the summer I fell behind on actually reading the comics, though, and as a result, I haven't been updating the thread titles as frequently, but have tried to get it done at least once a month. I last did an update around the beginning of September, and the information should be more or less accurate up to that point and Oct's update was on my to-do list (would have had it done by now if not for NYCC the other weekend).

I'll hopefully be caught up in the near future, which should result in the thread title release numbering being updated more frequently, if not same day/week.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Time to update the Vader one Quest, as #7 came out and people are going to the stickied one that goes up to #6 only.

OR, maybe you consider the experiment to have not worked and go for one ongoing thread per comic title, that's it.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  6. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Inaccurate current titles:
    Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #7-12: The Dying Light/ Legacy's End (1/6 Released)
    Doctor Aphra #14-X: Untitled (0/X Released)
    Star Wars #38-43: The Ashes of Jedha (1/6 Release)
    Poe Dameron #20-X: Legend Found (1/X released)
    Jedi of the Republic: Mace Windu #1-5 (3/5 Released)

More accurate titles:
    Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #7-12: The Dying Light/ Legacy's End (3/6 Released)
    Doctor Aphra #14-X: Remastered (2/X Released)
    Star Wars #38-43: The Ashes of Jedha (3/6 Release)
    Poe Dameron #20-X: Legend Found (3/X released)
    Jedi of the Republic: Mace Windu #1-5 (5/5 Released)

7. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    @The2ndQuest, I think you're great and I value your opinion on several topics in many different forums, but unfortunately the titles have yet to be updated for several weeks/months.

The Ashes of Jedha #38 aka 1/6 was released November 18, 2017. #43 aka 6/6 was just released yesterday February 7, 2018. The thread title said 1/6 for 4 months. :( Thankfully, someone updated it recently, maybe @Todd the Jedi but it's my opinion that it should be updated per each release, not at the end of the arc.

Again, I gladly will volunteer my time and energy to keep these thread titles current per the proper approvals.

8. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Just agree to give Tony limited mod powers to update the threads. It's cool if you guys are just busy or forget or don't care, but he's volunteering to take care of it and he doesn't seem like a psycho who would go around deleting forums.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, it's my fault still that they fell behind again. I had less time during the holidays to do forum maintenance than I planned due to work and things are only about to free up for me finally in a week or two.I had hoped that would have squeezed me through to the end of the next arc in terms of when the next update could be done but Marvel is mightier than i.

I have no problem with other mod folk from helping maintain the thread titles so long as the same formatting is kept.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018