main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer #2

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 8, 2017.

1. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    The heist on the train. Thandie Newton and bad girl, Dryden Vos (who looks almost too cool to even comprehend), Tobias Beckett (GREAT name) also a bad guy (or is he). The Millennium Falcon looking FANTASTIC! The dark tones, the costumes.......

I have to bring myself back down to earth because of course, all the brilliant looks, description, story tidbits, trailers etc can look great, but the STORY and character development is the most important thing.........but, what Ive seen so far......im expecting one helluva ride here.

my kind of scum likes this.
  2. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I love the optimism in this thread. Thank you guys and gals.

3. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm so excited I just ordered the 1700 piece Lego Tie Fighter. I have the X-Wing (which is fabulous) but I really have the SW bug right now (thanks Solo!). I will also be ordering Slave One, the Snowspeeder and the 9000 piece Millennium Falcon too - that's $1500..haha.

I was thrilled how good RO was, and Solo is shaping up to be similar. Oh, and yes, I love TFA and TLJ also. And I'm 49 in March! [face_laugh]

And being positive is healthy. It makes yourself and everyone else around you happy, this is the entertainment business, and what its all about.

I Love Disney. In fact I might just go all out and book a family holiday vacation at Disney World!

4. Starkiller17

Starkiller17 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 6, 2010
    I can't stop watching the trailer!

That's all I wanted to say, carry on.

5. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    I'm with you there, buddy. [face_laugh]

It's a very "groovy" trailer, I love how the sounds of Han pushing and turning the switches are like a countdown to the beggining of the trailer and the music.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I completely agree.

7. Starkiller17

Starkiller17 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 6, 2010
    I think this movie will make people happy. After some of the depression and anger because of TLJ we need a fun adventure to go on. Who better to go on said adventure with than everyones favourite scoundrel?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Trikuza23, wobbits and 11-4D like this.
  8. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Yeah, I'm slightly addicted to it, especially the first twenty-ish seconds and the rhythm of the whole thing. My only gripe is that Qi'Ra's line (assuming it's one line) is a little awkwardly spaced out.

9. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    One of the new EW articles says "he falls head over heels" for her but doesn't give away anything about her fate of course.

10. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I'm going to predict that Qira was an old flame of Han and he runs into her while doing this job or getting the job because she's married to the gangster. Or maybe she's the daughter of the gangster.

dekaneas likes this.
  11. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    They grew up together on the back streets of Corellia, she's in the passenger seat in the landspeeder race/chase. He meets up with her again in 'part two' of the movie.

12. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Yes i've been binge listening to the audio version!

13. xoubara

xoubara Jedi Master star 2

Mar 4, 2003
    My guess is that every character except Chewie, and maybe Lando, is going to betray Han at some point in the movie. Including Qi,ra, who won't die in the movie.

14. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    “Why, you slimy, double-crossing, no-good swindler. You've got a lot of guts coming here, after what you pulled.”

TCF-1138 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  15. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    Still not a fan of the music, and I'm hoping that what we heard in the trailer is not a sampling of the kind we'll hear in the movie. Too modern. Something that might fit in an Indiana Jones flick would be nice - and John Williams is just the person to deliver. That said, I didn't like the music of Rogue One at first, and the soundtrack is now in my top 10.

16. xoubara

Mar 4, 2003
    Why do I feel like you are trying to tell me something with this?

17. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    That would explain Han’s attitude at the beginning of ANH.

18. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    This is why I am really looking forward to this movie. I want to see how Han started out vs how he ended up the character we meet later. What happened to him?

I really like the music in the trailer. I doubt it but I hope they incorporate some of it into the soundtrack. Good driving to work music.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    The Regular Mustache likes this.
  19. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Emilia Clarke's interview in EW very strong implies she's going to backstab Han and make him the cynical guy we see in ANH. My guess is that the heist goes wrong when Qi'Ra backstabs Han and the rest of the crew to sell them out to a higher bidder, Lando thinks that Han is involved in the selling out because he's romantically involved with Qi'Ra and Han doesn't have a chance to explain before they separate or Lando doesn't believe him. That's the last time they see each other before ESB.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  20. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    That's a good stab. I like it.

21. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Seems feasible and would fit Han.

22. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Ah, but remember that Lando was just play acting in that scene in TESB. Just messing with Han.

11-4D and wobbits like this.
  23. MadBoomBoom

MadBoomBoom Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    Since we're getting a Han Solo film i'm guessing we will get a Luke Skywalker film and even a Leia film in the future. Anyone agree?

24. xoubara

Mar 4, 2003
    I hope not.

25. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    I doubt it. What more could you do with Luke? Or Leia for that matter. Luke as a farmer? Leia at the academy?

11-4D likes this.