main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

10.5%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

42.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

5.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

36.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

5.3%
  1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Willy Ho was really good his rookie year. Strong rebounder, strong inside scorer. He lost minutes in NY because they traded for Kanter (well, they traded Melo and got Kanter in return) and because they're stuck with Noah's terrible contract. They had four centers, and felt forced to trade one. There's zero doubt they'd rather trade Noah than Willy, but they can't.

Looks like you got the better end of the deal. Willy is better than JOB, and it's very unlikely any 2nd round pick will be as good.

This might mean they're going to try to trade Dwight either right now or after the season.

EDIT: Btw, the Knicks have already said they're cutting JOB immediately.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    anakinfansince1983 and tom like this.
  2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    unbelievable game. jimmy butler played out of his mind - hope wolves don't go into a tailspin after a loss like that, impressive bunch.

4. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    LEBRON ****ING JAMES

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Nice to see a win highlighted by an "oh, blocked by James!"

LloydChristmas and xblackout like this.
  6. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    I think I died.

7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I can't believe we traded Willy. What a joke of a team. Just going to enjoy the NBA as a whole the rest of the season and will check back with the Knicks on draft day.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  8. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Thomas, Frye, and a first for NANCE and CLARKSON?????

WTF is happening. We have managed to turn Kyrie Irving into Jordan Clarkson, Jae Crowder, and a middle-lottery pick???

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    heels1785 likes this.
  10. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
  11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    while i agree with your overall assessment, this last part is far from a lock. the nets are only one game above dead last.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Is this good or bad?

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    It seems good for the Lakers in a year or so to clear cap space, since it's starting to look like PG-13 might stay in OKC. And it just seems like LeBron just didn't along with IT.
    With the Lakers getting IT, it would appear that they won't make a play for LeBron in the offseason, should IT still be on the Lakers in the offseason.

Runjedirun likes this.
  14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    nvm. misread

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Currently, 80+% chance the pick is #7 or #8. Granted, plenty of volatility in the standings. Plenty can change between now and then.

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    no, they didn't. inty was just saying that it was a middle lottery pick, but it could actually turn out better than that.
    yeah that's crazy to me. they are a one game losing streak away from it being the first pick.

DarthIntegral and heels1785 like this.
  17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    The Lakers acquired two expiring contracts, making them more likely to be in play for George and/or LeBron, should they want to be.

And if we've learned anything, the NBA is willing to rig the lottery, and Cleveland has won the draft in a post-LeBron era with worse odds. [face_whistling]

CT-867-5309, DarthTunick and tom like this.
  18. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  19. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Am bummed a bit to see Clarkson & Nance go, but Thomas (for at least the rest of this season), and all those cap space possibilities?

[​IMG]

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I think the Lakers are hedging their bets in case they don't land either PG-13 or LeBron. I mean, it's very unlikely LeBron comes to the Lakers without another established star player. So, PG-13 would be a very key factor in getting LeBron to come to LA.

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    there are reports that the lakers want to keep isaiah but that makes no sense to me. can't see them relegating lonzo to the bench or starting a 5' 9" guy as their 2 guard, though i suppose they could crossmatch and try to hide him on defense.

DarthTunick likes this.
  22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    shumpert to kings. rose and crowder to jazz. cavs getting back george hill and rodney hood.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    George Hill and Rodney Hood coming to the Land, too

@tom with the ninja

Second edit: Cavs trading D-Wade to Miami, too.

tom likes this.
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The Cavs are trying to make LeBron happy as best as possible with these trades. I think they're upgrades for the Cavs as they can't be any worse.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Wade back to Miami for a protected 2nd round pick