main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer #2

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 8, 2017.

1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    The Skywalkers will be reserved for the Saga films.

wobbits likes this.
  2. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Agreed. As much as I love all these new films etc.....there are just some characters that would not really work. These are two of them.

3. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Unclear? In the old EU, they had Lando think Han betrayed him (which he didn't really but it came off as he did) to explain him being pissed off in ESB.

A pre ANH Leia movie would be fantastic (Millie Bobbie Brown says she'd love to play a young Leia) but they already wrote a book on her most interesting years (getting involved in the Rebellion), if they had a movie in mind they wouldn't have published a book about it :(

wobbits likes this.
  4. MadBoomBoom

MadBoomBoom Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    I'm sure Luke had adventures with old Ben. There could be a story there. And I expect Leia to have had more adventures.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Post ROTJ, Pre TFA.
    Or between ANH and ROTJ.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  6. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Leia? Look at all the pushback the young Han movie is getting. Trying to recast Carrie for between ANH and ROTJ time frame would be worse.

People generally seem to think Sebastian Stan would be good for Luke though.

7. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    Leia, hmmm possibly. Luke not so much for me. We have enough Skywalker stuff....plenty more to explore. Just my opinion, and a little selfish I guess.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Jedi Academy?

9. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    Not really. You know for me, the funny thing......the Jedi and The Force - they are kinda not my favorite thing about Star Wars [face_laugh]

I blame the prequels, although Ive cast them from my mind. The OT and even to a certain extent the ST make The Force out to be mystical, special and something anyone can use if they know how.

The PT made it all religious, and that the Jedi have a divine right to wield it and control it.

Off topic, sorry.

10. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Shadows of the Empire.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. MadBoomBoom

Mar 1, 2017
    Why does everyone think anyone can be a Jedi? I never got that impression.

12. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Cause Rian Johnson used it as an explanation or justification for making Rey random in TLJ.

{Quantum/MIDI} likes this.
  13. MadBoomBoom

Mar 1, 2017
    Why do people assume that holding a lightsaber makes you an instant Jedi? A lightsaber is just a sword, it has no magical powers. Yes the lightsaber is more deadly but that is all. How is her staff any different?

14. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Get back on topic, everybody.

15. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    Why does everyone think anyone can be a Jedi? I never got that impression.[/QUOTE]

Midichlorinas ... I know, I know, but hear me out. Midichlorians reside in ALL living things and provide a conduit to this mystical energy field called The Force. Therefore everyone, and every living thing for that matter, is connected through The Force and therefore has the POTENTIAL to be a Jedi to some degree. Being a Jedi is a way of life, a doctrine to live by, a religion if you will. I don’t see why that should be mutually exclusive to only those who have a high Midichlorian count. That’s where the Jedi Order of the Old Republic fell down. Their hubris clouded judgement and allowed Sidious to rise up and orchestrate their downfall.

Kenneth Morgan likes this.
  16. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Until the sequel, of course.

unicorn likes this.
  17. MadBoomBoom

Mar 1, 2017
    Midichlorinas ... I know, I know, but hear me out. Midichlorians reside in ALL living things and provide a conduit to this mystical energy field called The Force. Therefore everyone, and every living thing for that matter, is connected through The Force and therefore has the POTENTIAL to be a Jedi to some degree. Being a Jedi is a way of life, a doctrine to live by, a religion if you will. I don’t see why that should be mutually exclusive to only those who have a high Midichlorian count. That’s where the Jedi Order of the Old Republic fell down. Their hubris clouded judgement and allowed Sidious to rise up and orchestrate their downfall.[/QUOTE]

Maybe this applies only to pre-destined individuals? Like Anakin who was force sensitive.

I know likes this.
  18. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I know that this is slightly off-topic, but wasn't this one of the reasons Star Wars captured the imagination of millions of people back in 1977? Before all the Skywalker lineage nonsense and before that mythos-crippling midichlorians angle, wasn't it Lucas himself who gave moviegoers that beautifully simple concept whereby anybody can "use the Force" and be a Jedi, all you had to do was "believe" ? It is the reason it became a meta concept that extended beyond the movies into the public consciousness.

19. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Part 2.

20. MadBoomBoom

Mar 1, 2017
    Not really. The idea that anyone can is silly. If I want to become a doctor then I can instantly do that?and that anyone can be a doctor? No. Only a few people can. Only those who are deeply committed can unlock force sensitivity but they have a long journey ahead. Which does not mean they will ever become a Jedi.

21. MadBoomBoom

Mar 1, 2017
    sorry.

I know likes this.
  22. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    This was called a teaser, right?

So we have two teasers right now.

Can we expect a "trailer", and if so, when?

23. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Probably mid-April. Anytime in March is too early, anytime in May is too late.

24. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, I'd say we get another in April.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  25. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Trailer early-April, TV spots from late April.

dekaneas and Ricardo Funes like this.