main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Go back to de Maistre: "governments they deserve."

2. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    EnderSai: Our differences over Lucas and the Prequels pale, next to our shared belief that America is beyond saving.

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    So we should respect a man who:

Referred to his opponents as Lil Marco, Lyin Ted, Crooked Hillary, Nutjob Comey, to name a few.

Mocked Native Americans by referring to Elizabeth Warren as Pocahontas.

Called Heidi Klum no longer a 10

Said look at that face about Carley Fiorina

Said Hillary did not have the stamina to be president (meanwhile she is campaigning with walking pneumonia)

Talked about Megyn Kelly having blood coming out her whatever

Talked about Mika Brzezinski bleeding badly from a facelift

But oh no... we dare not mock the thing on his head. Because that is cruel? Mean? Immature?
    Well, how about: normal.
    Trump has normalized bully and mocking one’s physical appearance. It’s no surprise that he is also on the receiving end. Sure it is mean, petty, beneath us- but Trump normalized it. He made people numb to it. And that is the worst thing of all.

4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    So your response is to become more like him? Brilliant.

5. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    The hair and the fat-shaming are two different things. The fat-shaming is indicative of a larger cultural trend and it's distressing to see otherwise progressive people engaging in it. The hair is a little different; he could have hair that looked less ridiculous if he wanted it. He apparently wants his hair to appear silly; it's not like he couldn't afford the highest end hair treatment available to mankind and, anyway, wigs from the local community theater look better than his. I mean, I'm not interested in it, but if people want to make fun of his hair, fine; he's the one who made it ridiculous. On a lot of other things it's hard to say, but when it comes to the hair, Trump is definitely in on the joke.

V-2 and Juliet316 like this.
  6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    that "trump does it too" is precisely why we should avoid sinking to that level.

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    OK but when your discourse is vacuous, superficial, easily amused by those simple things, and petty you can't really complain that your politics or President are that way too.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Abadacus and Rew like this.
  8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Yes, because Trump knows people will talk more about his hair than policies.

Which everyone here is proving correct.

9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Honestly, if people hadn't started schoolmarming about how people shouldn't make such jokes, there would probably have been two jokes and the thread would have moved on. I mean, Ghost posted the video and he didn't even make a joke about it and Vivec went to ******* eleven about how juvenile we were all being about the video when literally no one had said a thing. It's quite possible no one would have even made any jokes. The discussion has gone as long as it has because of the people outraged that it's still going on. I mean, Ghost made a factual observation and Vivec started a brawl.

Jedi Merkurian , V-2, Ghost and 2 others like this.
  10. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Rogue got a bald spot

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    And Trump's hair has been a punch line for many many years.

V-2 likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I wish his hair and weight were the only aspects of him worth criticizing.

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Juliet got a bald spot.

14. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Mods!

Diggy likes this.
  15. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    my hair's falling out from stress

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It's funny because Trump is trying his hardest to avoid admitting it. I make fun of him the same way I do any other bald man.

Get a sense of humor.

[​IMG]

Of course, when Trump decides to act like an adult.

Jedi Merkurian , V-2 and Juliet316 like this.
  17. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    I don't have a bald spot.
    I have a few spots with hair.

I hope I look as good as Trump does when I'm 70. But I will not combover.

V-2 and Diggy like this.
  18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    @Diggy

Diggy and SuperWatto like this.
  19. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Because body shaming is stupid and just because you're doing it to a bad person doesn't mean it's a good thing. It's not. Calling people fat is wrong, even when you do it to a bad person. Ridiculing someone's balding is wrong, even when you do it to a bad person. "Get a sense of humor" is a dumb comment said by bigots when they get called out for their ****ty comments.

20. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Nobody's ridiculing Trump's balding in itself, Vivec. They're ridiculing that he wants to hide it.

V-2 and Yodaminch like this.
  21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    this is extremely rude, but also almost undoubtedly untrue. like i really doubt you've devoted much attention to mocking patrick stewart or michael jordan for their baldness or that you ever would.

except sinister, apparently.

22. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    *blinks*

This thread has been mostly Trump fat/tan/hair jokes since the election, it has been going on non-stop. The thread has never moved on and I'm certain it never will (so why bother).

Ghost made a "factual observation" that is superficial, petty, insensitive and inappropriate. Is "you're fat/ugly" just a factual observation if the person is fat/ugly? Not all "factual observations" should be spoken. There's no reason to point out the fact that Trump is bald, other than to ridicule him for being bald.

I get it, he's an easy target and he brings it on himself, but it's just so superficial and petty. Are people here fat/bald shamers all the time, or just toward Trump? I get it, if it's Trump, it's okay.

Pre-emptive: CT is a bald guy and it doesn't bother him. Trump should just embrace his baldness, but whatever, I don't care. I do care about what he's doing as POTUS.
    But they're not worth criticizing at all.
    Oh wow, you make fun of guys who are insecure about their appearance? That's a pretty crappy, jerk-ish thing to do. Maybe don't do that.

Abadacus, Rew and tom like this.
  23. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    I always totally glaze over his posts. Sorry, sinister.

tom likes this.
  24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    To paraphrase a Gene Roddenberry comment about Patrick Stewart, in the future no one will care about male pattern baldness.

But instead of an enlightened humanity it will be because we're too busy scrounging for food and water and dying of disease.

Abadacus, MrZAP, Nobody145 and 3 others like this.
  25. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    if only president trump lived in a world where he felt comfortable embracing and loving his body.

Rogue1-and-a-half, V-2, tom and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.