main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer #2

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 8, 2017.

1. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I wouldn't be surprised if the second trailer came in late March, attached theatrically to Ready Player One. That's two months out from the film's release, which was the timeline for all three final trailers for TFA, R1, and TLJ.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Ricardo Funes and Gamma626 like this.
  2. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm thinking end of March, beginning of April.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  3. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Some of my friends want to go watch the Black PAnther movie, maybe I'll go with them. Mostly because I'm hoping the teaser for Solo will play before the movie, it would be incredible to watch it in the movie theater .
    What do you guys think, is there any chance?

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Trailer in August. This is obvious! ;)

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Go see Black Panther. It'll be fun.

6. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    No doubt, Marvel movies usually are!

7. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    This trailer looks better to me every time I watch it! Personally I think he's going to be a fantastic Han Solo. I already like this film more than TLJ. Can't wait.

wobbits likes this.
  8. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    This was inevitable but it actually works. Then again I like this song on it's own anyway taking out the game itself.

9. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    The more I watch the footage of the train (Conveyex?) in the shorter teaser, and read that this movie is western/noir centered around a heist plot. the more excited I get. If they have got the story just right here, the acting is good and characterization nailed, and that bad guy (Dryden Vos?) is as bad a** as he looks, this has the makings of an absolutely excellent movie.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Trikuza23 and wobbits like this.
  10. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
  11. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Lol, and so the clickbait articles begin... Ron said that George gave a small suggestion and suddenly he directed a whole scene.

dekaneas and Strongbow like this.
  12. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Yeah, apparently Alden nearly walked off set saying 'real people don't speak and act like that'.

11-4D likes this.
  13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Let's move the discussion of George over to the main Solo discussion thread.

14. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'd be quite surprised if the Solo trailer is NOT attached to Black Panther.

Giovs likes this.
  15. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Interesting how Han, an Imperial Academy defector, teams up with Finn, another Imperial defector, years later. :) It would be cool to actually see Han piloting a Tie Fighter at the beginning of the movie. Or maybe a Shot of Han in Tie Fighter Pilot gear, taking off his helmet while getting reprimanded by a flight instructor. :cool:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Hopeless, dekaneas, TadoFett and 4 others like this.
  16. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    That thought hit me today as well. It would be even more fitting if they stick (sort of) to the old EU and have Han refusing orders to kill the Wookiees.... (on Mimban)

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  17. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    "Listen, Big Deal. You got another problem. Women always figure out the truth. Always." - Han Solo

Qi'ra, is that you??

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  18. Trikuza23

Trikuza23 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 10, 2015
    would be pretty crazy, considering how many tie fighters he's run from/blown up lol

19. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Sure is. Never really hit me that TFA might contain references to Solo when they’re both written by Kasdan. Hope that breakneck pace of TFA isn’t his new recurring thing though

20. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    I wonder what the Imperials use to train their pilots? Apparently the Rebels used T-16s.

21. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Dunno. Rebels seem to imply they go straight to TIEs. TIE/LN's are cheap, so maybe that's what they do.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  22. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I think it's really cool seeing a more pristine and younger Millennium Falcon. However, I do wonder how it goes from so clean looking, to completely battered and worn in ANH. I did have a thought that maybe the shots of it looking newer are from earlier in the film, and then something happens to it later that results in it being damaged and partly rebuilt or modified? The film is supposed to cover multiple years and time periods in his life.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  23. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    what if it was with The Oscars on ABC? The Oscars are on March 4th and then the third and final trailer could be in the beginning of April and they can start selling tickets after the third trailer?

24. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Supposedly there are only two time periods in the movie. As the Falcon only appears in the second time period it's up to our imagination to guess what happened to the Falcon up to ANH (unless we get Solo II and III).

TadoFett likes this.
  25. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I actually saw a crazy post about this the other day. Someone was trying to claim that the condition of the Falcon is an indication of Disney trying to "malign Han Solo's character" because the OT proved he loved the ship. [face_rofl] Did she forget he made his own mods?

Yes, he loved it but it seems people forget he was a gambler and smuggler. He smuggled spice, a drug. I wonder how many people are going to complain about that after the film is released.