main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    VENOM: Here's Your First Official Look At Tom Hardy As Eddie Brock!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Going full Venom origin without any Spidey would be weird, I always assumed he started off as Venom already. Maybe he still has his reporter gig?

3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    So, the picture of Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock is basically just a picture of Tom Hardy. Thankfully someone alerted the media about this.

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    The shirt is kinda dark blue and he has a black shirt on underneath. That's Venom, I tells ya! (the symbiote also becomes, like, normal clothes)

If this is an adaptation of Lethal Projector, frankly, Eddie Brock needs a blonde mullet
    [​IMG]

(Y'know what? ^ That isn't a terrible gag, hopefully they use it in the film. Although I get the feeling it may be too grim n gritty for that)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime and Gamiel like this.
  5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    A couple of weeks ago, Venom was filming where I work (like Ant-Man & The Wasp) but I couldn't check it out because of work.

Venom has released it's movie poster. Perhaps a trailer will drop tomorrow? If so, there's going to be some awesome trailers that will play before Black Panther.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Trailer drops tomorrow.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Probably only one shot of the Venom guy in it, I'd wager, more on moodiness and maybe Tom Hardy-sourced voiceover.

I know the Sony Spidey spin-offs and MCU aren't connected BUT there could be something where, let's say near the end of Infinity War or Avengers 4 Parker does get the black symbiote suit and he shrugs it off / tosses it away / overcomes it where it slinks away into the night.... which could be how/what/when Venom starts or maybe Eddie bonded with it in between.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    There better be a shot of Venom in the trailer or it will fail to create any buzz and just get swallowed up be Deadpool, Solo, Infinity War and Black Panther.

I'm doubting the trailer will cover the connection between Eddie Brock and Peter Parker, but I hope I'm wrong. I hope it provide some clues how this film is connected to Spider-Man. I mean, that's a huge selling point. Plus, the Venom image is basically the Darkside Spider-Man.

9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I said it before and I say it again, you can cover the whole, complicated, tragic, dark twisted backstory with a Tom Hardy monologue cuz he's that good. But I am still hoping we somehow see the start of it in the Avengers / MCU Spider-Man and sort of hand off to the Venom series.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  10. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014

So based on this teaser it looks like the Venom movie won't have Spider-Man OR Venom in this movie.

Seriously though, very underwhelming teaser.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, that teaser was very underwhelming. If it weren't for brand recognition, the teaser came off like a companion piece to the film "Life" that came out last year.

The coolest thing in the trailer was the symbiote in the glass container. Which seemingly may have been recovered from a crashed space ship. So, I'm really sure how they'll do Venom's origin. On the one hand, we see Eddie Brock lying down on a CT type of scanning machine and the trailer ending with him freaking out, suggesting that the symbiote might be bonding with him. But on the other hand, we see the symbiote contained. So, I'm not sure how Eddie and the symbiote will meet since this isn't following the source material.

I'm sure we'll get footage of Venom in July when SDCC comes around.

Like a lot of others, I'm hoping there's a connection with the MCU. It's not like there haven't been MCU movies the occur years apart from the main timeline. Venom could be a future MCU film.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Since Spider-man isn't in Venom (supposedly), shouldn't there be a separate Venom thread or a Sony thread?

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I thought it was confirmed that Tom Holland plays Spider-Man in this movie, just isn't featured?

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Jon Schnepp of Collider's "Movie Talk" and "Heroes" YouTube channel said about a month ago that Tom Holland would appear in the "Venom" film as Peter Parker and not Spider-Man. Schnepp says he has his inside sources.

http://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-spider-man-appearing-in-venom/

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I thought the Venom teaser was moody, which is what I mostly want from a Venom film, so it's okay, woulda been nice to see at least A single shot of Venom but I thought this was cool.

however, one thing I think you can extrapolate from this is that it is likely a Venom origin film. Well, at least when Eddie first bonds with the symbiote. Cuz he wouldn't be getting a CT scan to figure out what's wrong with him unless he already knew what was going on. So I'm guessing the symbiote comes from .... somewhere (hopefully Spider-Man finds it in Infinity War/Avengers 4, I keep saying) it goes away and attaches itself to Eddie and then commences the film.

The CT scan bit could be a flashback, though.

But, yeah, moody! Moody is good! And I actually don't mind being completely teased. Also interesting vocal choice by Hardy but he always does unexpected stuff like that.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  16. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It doesn't come out until October, I'm actually surprised they already have a teaser.

18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Probably just something they can run infront of Black Panther (and later Avengers / Deadpool / Star Wars). I'm guessing July/August we'll get something approaching a proper trailer so get ready to feast upon this for a few months!

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I remember in 2007, when WonderCon was hosting its annual event in my backyard, San Francisco, I attending the Spider-Man 3 panel and there weren't any of the stars of the film in attendance, but the studio dropped the footage of the scene where Peter was using a church bell to separate himself from the symbiote which lead to this...

[​IMG]

Which at the time generated alot of buzz and excitement for Spider-Man 3 as it was the first footage of the film to be revealed, IIRC. So, it's disappointing the teaser didn't show an image of Venom. I know that's what fans want to see. They want to see some type of reassurance this Venom will be an upgrade to the character much like Nolan's Dark Knight was an upgrade to Batman. Honestly, I would have preferred to see a still shot of venom than the teaser.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    So, any ideas who the hero of the movie will be? Since Venom is the bad guy after all

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Venom is the protagonist in many stories, @Gamiel.

I also hope they go for the classic look, and I think they will too, based on the poster. Not whatever that was in SM3.

JEDI-RISING and heels1785 like this.
  22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    That music was way too intense for that trailer. Lol. I dunno, it’s ok, but it needed at least one shot of Venom. When he opened his eyes in the hospital, his eyes should’ve been fully black or something, you know? You’d have no idea that was a Venom film if it didn’t say it was.

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm thinking it's post-origin, since the symbiote doesn't like sound waves and such, and that MRI is probably causing him to freak out (or maybe he's trying to get rid of it?).

24. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    man very meh trailer....though Ill admit I'm still a little steamed with how venom has been used dating back to S3

If others are down for this cool...but for me

Venom works best as a straight up villain to spider man. I never liked the idea of him as an anti hero or any team up stories with Peter.