main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  2. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    So I finally got the Do or Do Not achievement, but the fact is - the hero who I thought I needed to play as wasn't the one I actually needed to play as. Having jumped into some Heroes vs Villains matches, I choose Bossk which causes the achievement to pop up - despite the fact I'd already played as him on HvV before.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Pulling this from the non-awful Battlefront subreddit, a summary of yesterday's Q&A with DICE regarding upcoming content and changes:
    • There will be a few season that are "more or less locked" - mainly related to when something big happens in the movie world of Star Wars. But from then on out it will be mainly community requested stuff.
    • Carrer and progression is the first major thing they are looking to fix
    • All multiplayer planets added to Arcade for the next patch and whenever a new planet is added to the game, you will be able to play it in all core modes (including Arcade).
    • Next patch will include another balance patch on the Supercharged Sentry because of a overnerf
    • Era Select screen (starting with Galactic Assault as a test) in the near future.
    • They're looking at expanding the graphics options.
    • Spectator mode later, but not a priority
    • Option for a non-holographic look for the menu
    • Seasons will vary quite drastically in content - some will large content drops with planets and heroes, while others might be more focused on overhauls and new game modes.
    • Some maps from Battlefront 2015 will make their return in the upcoming patches.
    • FOV slider on consoles
    • Fixing the delay between lightsaber impact and actual damage registration soontm
    • More flying maps, not all in space
    • Private Matches in the future
    • More campaign content not planned right now
    • Emote fix (Some emotes for heroes weren't activating properly)
    • Arcade won't get a direct port of GA (because of AI issues) but another big mode that will allow you to play big battles offline
    • Customization coming
    • Sometimes 0 heroes in a season, sometimes more than 2
    • An improved "play with friends" system that's not unlike a Squad System. No ETA just yet.
    • Online co-op like in bf 2015 is planned but no ETA
    • Expanding the roster of announcers.
    • Lightsabers will get an update to make them look more like Battlefront 2015 (via a twitter reply from Dennis)
    • Jetpack cargo will be added in the next patch
    • Droidekas teased by Dennis on twitter but not confirmed in any official way
    • A client-side patch is going through QA right now (Quality assurance)

Grievousdude, bmickey and redxavier like this.
  4. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    While true we don’t have the numbers I’ve barely seen anyone complaining of empty severs and I feel that player retention is much stronger.

Given the fact that at this stage of BF2015’s lifecycle people were finding empty servers on PC and struggling to find games I’d say BF2017 is doing much better at retaining players. Modding helps as does the different eras which will only expand.

Whatever future content we get is available to all and from the sounds of things stuff the community wants is actually going into the games.

As for no DLC there has been the Last Jedi season and the next season is going to be announced in the next week or so with it heavily hinted at being Clone Wars era. Map selection is coming as are new game modes.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    heels1785 likes this.
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    ^^This is what I'm looking forward to the most. It will be interesting to see how they overhaul the heroes selection screen to make room for new ones to be added to the roster. Another thing I was wondering about is potential alternate hero skins. Is it possible future DLC could include that too? Maybe Leia in her white dress outfit from ANH, or even the older ST versions of the primary characters of the OT. As I mentioned in a previous post when talking about Iden's campaign,
    I'd like to see the option of using Iden in her Rebels orange jumpsuit outfit. I guess it would be kind of odd seeing her like that teaming up with Vader, Palpatine, and Kylo; but we've seen stranger things. If Anakin will one day be an optional hero and can face Vader, than surely Iden can wear her Rebels garb as a villain.

heels1785 likes this.
  6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm very excited about the expansion of Arcade mode to include all of the maps, at a larger size. In its current state, it's a good way to learn characters and log some experience, but there is no sense of scale like there used to be in the early BF games' single-player "skirmish" experience.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Deliveranze likes this.
  7. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    You're missing the point of my statement of no DLC. But that may be due to how I wrote it. I'll try again.

There is no the DLC in format of BF 2015. Which was essentially 4 "mini games" with unique maps and player rotation separate from the base game. Once a player entered the rotation of any DLC they were segregated from people playing the base game. Hence previous complaints that the BF 2015 DLC format split the player base.

The format that DLC has taken in BF 2 allows all players to participate and no longer segregates players from the base game's player pool.

My point is simple. There are less modes, no ability to select maps, and no DLC that separates players from the base game. Therefore it's become easier to find games as players have less control as to how they play. This does not prove the player base is stronger or more numerous per say. Only that the devs have implemented controls by which they can better concentrate the player base into filling lobbies of the 5 existing modes.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Still doesn't solve the problem of players leaving matches with the smallest groups like HvV. I'm trying to understand why it doesn't seem like a player could simply join a HvV match already in progress if there's a slot open. About three times in the past week I was playing matches where I was short at least one player in the middle of the match. It's like some players realize that the other team is so OP that they quit and start again in a new match. It's too bad those players can't just be penalized in some form for doing that; maybe like charge them 1000-5000 credits for leaving a HvV match while it's still in progress.

9. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I agree that they’ve enabled ways of finding games easier through less modes, DLC being free etc. I just remember this time in 2015’s game PC gaming was dead unless you were playing the latest DLC. Anecdotal I know, it would definitely be interesting to see some actual numbers though.

10. Darth Visor

Darth Visor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 25, 2018
    Honestly, I really hope they add more weapons for the classes in the upcoming DLC. Even if they just added the era specific weapons that you can't choose when you're not in that era. Like the heavy blaster the rebels have.

vw_jedi likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm confused. How do you use the emotes in BF2? I just acquired one of Iden's emotes after completing the first part of her campaign, set it up for the left directional button, but it doesn't seem to work when I'm playing. In the previous game you could press the emote button and it would work as often as you want. What could I be doing wrong?

12. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    They do seem to be temperamental. I have some for most of the characters but I've only been able to get them to work with Leia.

13. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    I remember that as well. But I also remember a lot of talk on the official BF forums regarding the sheer number of cheaters using aim bots on PC, and EA/DICE's refusal to do anything about it. I know many PC players claimed to leave due to this. I'm on console myself, so this is second hand info. But that seemed to be the most common complaint. That said, word is they've been better at banning cheaters with BF 2.

Also by this point in the life cycle of BF 2015 the first DLC/mini game (Outer Rim) was released, which began to fracture the player base.

While its nice to be able to hop into a game quickly, the "price" has not been worth it for me. I find the lack of control in maps and less varied modes frustrating. It causes me to turn the game off and leave it off for days at a time as it gets stale quick. For all the frustration BF 2015 caused, and there was much, the many modes always provided me with something to do. I played nearly every day until BF 2 was released.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Grievousdude likes this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  15. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Used the credits toward more loot boxes. Paired the 4k with another 17k I had on hand to purchase around 10 Starfighter boxes strictly for enough crafting parts (480) for a single card upgrade to purple.

It's actually insane when you calculate just how many credits it takes to craft a card and then fully upgrade it. This game is such a slog. Hoping the new progression system makes things a bit easier on noobs. The NPE as it stands now is imho a turn off.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I've been extremely stingy on my use of credits/crafting parts. I really want to have two main heroes to be used on either faction; now I'm focusing on filling up Iden's boosts and will probably work on Rey's until more heroes are released. I currently have over 50K in credits; have yet to purchase Luke, Vader, or Palpatine.

heels1785 and vw_jedi like this.
  17. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    So far I've put most of my credits towards crafting and upgrading cards. I spent the first few months cash poor, often spending credits as fast as I made them to get my trooper load outs where I wanted them.

I'm sitting on about 100k now as my spending slowed down after I finally dialed in what cards work for me and upgraded most to purple. Currently working on upgrading all my Enforcer class cards.

I'm not much of a hero player, so very few credits have gone that way. Chewbacca is the only hero I've unlocked in fact. Though I have unlocked a few hero ships as well.

heels1785 likes this.
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The only hero ship I've unlocked is Iden's; though I'm not sure if/when I'd ever actually use it.

19. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I've unlocked Tallia (who is great fun to play as, the A-wing is a real beast) and Iden (seems ok so far), everyone else remains locked, mostly because I'm honestly not that interested in playing the others... at least for the moment. That Finn and Phasma came free was helpful and I play these two quite a bit (as well as Han, Lando and Bossk).

I've been resource hoarding in this game since the early days. At the moment, I'm sitting on 480k credits and 3500 crafting parts. I don't get any crates except the daily one, the season 1 rewards, and the general time challenges. I honestly don't feel like I'm missing out not using the cards and still keep most classes unequipped except the officer, who has a couple of low level cards that buff allies and my mostly useless turret. Star cards feel most needed in HvV, where the cards change the standard abilities of heroes in ways that are more sorely needed when going up against other heroes. But then I don't play this mode except when there's a challenge to complete...

I plan to keep saving credits, get to half a million and keep that as a minimum amount while spending anything over on characters and hero crates. Then it's a case of waiting and hoping that with the implementation of microtransactions there will be an option to also use credits to get the cosmetics.

vw_jedi and heels1785 like this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You lost me at that first comment. Who/what is Tallia? I just did a Google search and the only thing that came up was a nightsister from TCW lol.
    [​IMG]

21. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Ok Tallie, not Tallia. So she's not actually a hero in the ground games; just has a special hero-class fighter to use in the SA modes.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    @redxavier - that's incredibly impressive. both your totals, and your restraint shown in saving.

vw_jedi likes this.
  24. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I always keep 15,000 credits in the bank, mostly because no hero to date has cost more than that.
    If for some reason a new hero gets included that is not immediately unlocked, but I really want them (Anakin, Obi-Wan, Grievous, and Dooku come to mind), I can get them with the press of a button. Though I expect all new hero's to be free going forward (As long as you play during the season where they arrive), it's better safe than sorry in my book.
    If I get a few thousand more than my 15k, I'll get a few loot crates. But I never go below that number.

25. Cedric T Sealion

Cedric T Sealion Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 19, 2014
    Does this mean they are going to add proper Instant Action style battles. Or is it just going to be waves of attacking enemies?

Deliveranze and heels1785 like this.