main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Beyond the Saga GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY...Chapter # 21

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK...#23.
    Appreciate your comments. You are an encouragement.
    Will it stay 'warm and fuzzy'....the rest of the story will tell.
    Lynda V.

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Hi there. It took me some time to reply, because the circumstances of my father´s death and some problems who are the result of it, are very hard to deal with. Plus I had trouble to follow this fic via my mobile phone during my daily 30 minute break at work.

All in all I have to say that I can imagine a lot now what exactly the "good times" between Han & Leia were that got mentioned in the movie TFA. They indeed had very good moments.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hello Azure, I'm so sorry to hear of your father's death. It is never easy. Lean upon the Lord for comfort.
    Appreciate you taking your time to read GOING BACK...#23.
    I'm enjoying writing the story, it's turning out to be a little more lengthy than I planned.
    Surprises are in store...
    My thoughts are with you and your family. Lynda V.

4. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY # 24 The Later Adventures of Han Solo

As Chewbacca settled into the familiar curve of the co-pilot’s chair aboard the Falcon,
    Han Solo glanced at one of the flight console chronos. He kept it set to the planet where they were living now so he could keep up with time there.

“You need to be getting ready for sleep.” Han said to Ben, one arm across his son’s shoulders, his left hand brushing over a tuft of brown hair.

“But there’s still daylight outside.” The boy protested.

“But it’s dark-time at home. I want you to stay on your home schedule.”

Han explained. “Go wash your face, brush your teeth and do whatever else you need to do in the lavatory. I’ll be there in a minute to tuck you in.”

With another, now non-fearful look at the Wookiee, Ben leaned his head on Han’s arm, then left the cockpit.

(“Nice boy.”) Chewbacca said with a smile at his partner. (“I didn’t know you were bringing your son with you.”)

“I promised him a trip with me after Leia and I came back from our get-away.”

(“This may pose a problem.”) Chewbacca told Han with a wrinkle in his brow.

“How so?”

(“Some have come here asking the others about a Wookiee who traveled with a spacer and about some gems. We have to get rid of these,”)\\
    Chewbacca opened one of the cartridges on his bandolier and seven, colorful sagrite gems fell into his massive paw.

(“ I won’t put my family in danger.”).

Han grimaced and nodded his head. “I thought the heat would be off by now. We’ll have do it now.
    About time we got our ‘pay’ for delivering those others. Wonder where Arc Warner is now?”

(“What about Ben?”)

Han chewed on a fingernail….“ I know a back-planet place that will take them. Make the sale and take off; no tracers.
    I’ll contact Leia and let her know we’ll be ’visiting’ you an extra day. I can’t take him back home. Leia would want to know why.”

(“I’ll take first flight so you can rest with Ben.”)

“Fine.” Han agreed, pulling up the console’s planet maps….searching, then
    finally punching in coordinates. “That‘s it.. The Vaslar System. Here Chewie..
    the landing latitude when we get to Oglis, but I should relieve you before then.”

Chewbacca set his coordinates to match and nodded as Han left for his own rest time.

After leaving the lavatory, Han entered his room….Ben wasn’t in the bed. A tiny claw
    of fear grabbed Han’s heart for a millisecond… after what he and Chewbacca had been talking about and planning…
    He left and headed for Chewie’s old cabin. There, he found his son tangled in the bed covers fast asleep.
    Smiling, he lifted the boy and carried him back to his cabin… with one hand folded back the bedcovers and placed him in the bunk.
    Staring down at the innocent, childish face, Han realized he didn’t know what he’d do if he ever lost his son.
    Removing his blaster, placing it on the bunk’s side table for easy reach, then boots and clothes.. Han slid in beside his son and was soon asleep.

“You get some rest now, Chewie.” Han said as he handed a cup of hot kava to his partner. “Ben’s having the morning meal in the galley. Left something in there for you too.”

The Wookiee removed the headset and took the kava as he rose from his seat.

Han settled in his pilot’s seat and punched in the comlink to contact Leia.

“Han?”

“Morning, sweetheart.”

“It may be morning to you, but here it’s past midnight.” Leia laughed.

“Did I wake you?”

“No, you know I don’t sleep well when you aren’t beside me.”

“My favorite place to be.”

“How’s Ben?”

“Eating . He’s enjoying the trip. He was scared of Chewie at first.”

Leia giggled.

“Ah…we’re going to stay an extra day with Chewie.” Han told her.

“Any problems there?”

“No, just a lot to catch up on. You know this is only the second time Chewbacca’s seen
    Ben.”

“I imagine Malla made as much a fuss over him as she did you. Just enjoy being with them. I’m catching up work,\\
    but still have a lot to do.” Leia told him. “You can tell me all about it when you get home.”

“Sure.” Han answered. “Good night.”

“Love you.” Leia whispered just as Han broke the communications link; feeling like
    a heel.

“There it is.” Han stated as the port town came into view. Chewbacca chortled and

Ben, sitting behind his Dad, said. “That sure doesn’t look like home.”

“We’re just making a side trip.” Han calmly told his son. Chewbacca gave his friend a wary look, \
    as Han clicked switches and pulled back the control to slow the Falcon’s speed. “We won’t be here long. Then we’ll head for home.”

Han brought the ship into a slow arc, then settled on the ground just outside the
    town.

(“You want me to make the ‘sale’”? Or stay here with Ben?”) Chewbacca asked.

“I want us all to go. I’ll keep Ben with me all the time, can protect him better that way.
    No telling what we’ll face when we get into town.” Han said as he checked the charges on his blaster.

“You going to shoot your blaster, Dad?” Ben asked.

“Nah, just checking. A good pilot checks everything before leaving his ship.”

Hitting the hatchway control, the trio waited for the boarding ramp to drop.

Han held his son’s hand as they walked down and onto the ground leading to the town.

A waist high, dried-dirt brick wall surrounded the run down town; dusty streets leading to the few dust covered,
    dilapidated buildings; sparse greenery grew wild in the street and around the buildings.

Han squatted down to face his son, looking him straight in the eye, raising a finger in front of him for emphasis
    “Listen to me very carefully and do exactly as I tell you.”

Ben nodded, taking it just as seriously as his father.

“Never leave my side. Don’t call me ‘dad’...call me ‘sir’ and don’t dispute
    anything you hear me say.” Han then patted his son on the shoulder as he rose.

Chewbacca gave a nasty growl, nodding to the town. (“You ever been here before?”)

Han took a deep breath, licked his lips and placed a hand on his weapon. …
    “Just once…and it was bad back then. This place makes Mos Eisley look like the cultural center of Tatooine.

MORE TO COME….February 2nd. 2018.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :eek: Those gems need to be unloaded fast! [face_thinking] Where they're at sounds completely unsavory. I know Han and Chewie can take care of themselves and Ben too, but if Leia ever gets wind of what they were really doing :oops: :p

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, Thank you for taking your time to read Going Back #24.
    Appreciate your comments.
    It may get worse before it gets better, or does it?
    Have a nice weekend. Lynda V.

7. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY..#25

The Later Adventures of Han Solo

Walking through the dirt ‘gate’ of the town, Han held his son’s hand a little tighter.
    Chewbacca, grasping his bowcaster in a strong paw, sniffed as he looked around.
    Trash and garbage was strewn everywhere… a few denzins of the town were walking about.
    The place even had a foul smell; blaster shots echoed in the distance clashing with the over-loud
    music and laughter from the cantina at the end of the dirt pathway.

“Bring that boy over here!” Yelled a hooded man, laying lax against a pile of dirt in a shadowy corner of the wall.

Han glanced back and kept walking. Passing a shade-darkened alley, he could see some poor soul being beaten by several nasty looking beings.
    He glanced down at Ben, walking between himself and Chewbacca, who seemed oblivious to what was going on. Then, in the distance,
    Han caught sight of three evil looking species, dressed in rags. Their long, stringy, matted hair obscuring most of their facial features.
    They pointed to toward Han and ambled slowly in that direction.

“The group ahead of us.” Han spoke low to his partner. Chewbacca nodded; he’d seen them too.

Passing the sagging, weather worn, paint peeled buildings, Han kept his gait steady, casual, unhurried.
    The trio continued to point, talking and laughing among themselves, moving closer, step by step.

Han stopped…. held a ‘halt’ hand to Chewbacca, then walked a few steps forward, flipping the strap on the holster..
    his right hand poised over the blaster. The three stopped, eyeing the spacer…considering their chances.
    Two scantily clad Latesian women quickly ran into a sagging building on the opposite side of the street.

Chewbacca bared his teeth and uttered a low, menacing growl, Ben looked up at the Wookiee.

The trio gestured and shook their heads; two breaking to the right and one to the left, behind a rock outcrop.

Han walked back to Ben and Chewbacca. Twisting his head around, looking at the building fronts, he said.
    “If I remember, it’s one of these here.” He continued to survey the area. “There it is.” Pointing to the faded,
    broken sign as he took hold of Ben’s hand again.

There were no windows on the single level building, just a door that wasn’t much more than a hole in the wall,
    the place looked like it should have fallen down years ago.

“You stay out here, Chewie, block the door so no one else can come in.” Han instructed his partner.
    (“You want me to keep Ben out here?“) Chewbacca asked. “No, I’ll take him with me.“
    The Wookiee nodded and stepped his massive frame in front of the door as Han and his son entered the dark interior.

As Han brushed aside a large, green, dripping, arachnoid web, Ben didn’t utter a sound….instinctively knowing to stay quite.
    The place was cluttered; machinery, ship parts…items of all kinds sat on sagging, broken shelves and scattered on the mud clumped floor.

“Faw!” Han called as he approached the counter. “Faw Agor, you still here?”

A squat being with short arms rose up from a tattered, sagging chair behind the counter, his wide set eyes focusing, scanning the one standing in front of him.

It was the same being Han remembered from long ago, just grayer, stooped and aged.

#“Solo-Han! It’s been many years, but I never forget a face.”#

Ben rose on his tip toes to see. The movement caught Faw’s eye. Raising up, he placed his ample torso across the cracked counter;
    leaning down until his face almost touched the edge.

# “And who is this?” # Faw turned his head upwards, his yellow eyes glinting.

#”Your son?”#

“Merchandise.” Han casually stated.

Faw raised up. #”So, are you here to sell or trade?”# He asked.

“Not the boy.” Han told him. “These.” Reaching into his pocket, Han drew out the gems.
    Six of the gleaming rocks rolled from the Corellian’s hand…then dug out the seventh.

The old one stood transfixed. Reaching out, he grasped a gem in each hand; drawing them to his eye for a closer examination.
    #”These are sagrite! I’ve heard about them, but have never held one in my hand. So, these are what you want to sell.”#

Han nodded. “How much…and I want ready cash, not credits.”

#”These are forbidden….did you steal them?”#

“Just tell me how much.” Han replied.

Ben gasped and nudged closer to his father’s legs…Han instinctively reached for his weapon, turned and saw a
    roll-rhat tumbling across the dirty floor. He silently squeezed Ben’s hand for assurance.

Faw was stroking his chin…thinking…#“Ten thousand….for each.”#

Han laughed and casually looked to the side…then looked back at him. “You know they’re worth a hundred times more…each.”

Faw continued to stroke his chin….inwardly salivating at the thought of possessing the rare gems. “#Twenty thousand.”#

Han shook his head.

Faw dropped the gems and grasped two others….#Thirty-five thousand…each.”#

Han just kept looking at him.

#”Alright! Fifty thousand…..and I’ll make you a deal.”#

“You want to make me a deal?” Han leaned in and pointed to his chest.

“You take some cargo for me and I’ll ‘forget’ who sold these to me. Otherwise, if you don’t take the fifty thousand and the deal,
    I’ll call the authorities. They will arrest you and your ‘guard’ (nothing missed the old being’s eye) for trying to sell these gems.
    Then.. who will take care of your ….‘merchandise’?”# Faw hissed as he gave a sickly, evil smile.

Han grimaced inwardly. That was a real possibility…and he’d brought his son right in to it.
    Horrible images of what would happen to Ben in a place like this flashed across his mind.

“What’s the cargo?”

#“I have fifty kegs of polifrene that need to be delivered“#.

Han knew what that was. It was used by less advanced worlds to build bombs for their wars.
    “You know that stuff’s been banned by many worlds and galaxies.”

Faw smiled and waved a knotty hand over the gems that lay on the counter. #“Why worry about details when you just brought these to me?”#

Han could see he had no choice. And, by agreeing to haul the cargo, that would guarantee getting them all off the planet unscathed.

The Corellian drew a hand down his face. “Alright. I’ll take it for you. And fifty-thousand ready cash for the sagrite.”

“#Good…good…”# Faw rubbed his knarly hands together. #I’ll have the kegs delivered to your ship, along with the money as soon as possible.
    Where did you land?”#

“ A half kilometer south of town.”

#”Sure you won’t reconsider selling the boy, Solo-Han? Can give you a great price.”#

Han took a deep breath. “He’s spoken for.”

“Let’s go Chewie.” Han said as the Wookiee moved from the door.

“We’re leaving now, sir?” Ben looked up at his father as he clasped his hand.

Han gave him a smile. “Yes.”

They walked down the broken, crumbling mudcrete sidewalk, past the buildings.
    As they came into the open by the last structure, one of the matted hair creatures jumped from the blind side and struck
    Chewbacca hard across the knees with a thick plank. Caught unaware, the Wookiee gave a yelp of pain and crumpled to the ground.
    At the same moment, another of the evil trio jumped Han from the back, locking skinny arms around his throat,
    dragging him to the ground also. The third, grabbed Ben and began running back toward the rock outcrop with him.

“Help! Help!” Ben cried, terrified.

Chewbacca rose and caught his running attacker, picked him up and, with a lethal roar, threw him against a dead tree trunk.
    The being never moved again.

Han struggled with his attacker; was able to grab his blaster and shot the creature in the head.
    He staggered to his feet, oblivious to the blood trickling down the side of his face from where he’d struck the hardscrabble ground.

“HELP! HELP!” Ben’s cries echoed in Han’s ears as well as the screams and maniacal laughter of the being.
    ’Sounds just like a Hadarian witch’, He thought as he pointed his drawn blaster toward them, hesitating for a fraction of a second…
    the being was backing farther away.. holding a frightened, twisting, squirming Ben shield-like in front of him…….
    if he shot, which one would he hit?

MORE..... Feb. 9, 2018

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Hopefulwriter -- that Faw has Han over the proverbial barrel -- he has to haul that awful cargo or get reported :eek: Not only is it banned but it's used for horrific purposes. [face_worried]
    Then, [face_nail_biting] that trio of thugs! Ambushed them before they could get away...and the last line -- yes, you have me literally on the edge of my seat with a superb cliffhanger. =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, Thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK #25. Appreciate your comments.
    It really is a spot! Will Han get out of it? What will the ramifications be with Leia?
    The story goes along. Lynda V.

10. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY # 26

Han knew he had to act fast, had to keep Ben in his sight. Shaking to clear his head; he
    began walking forward quickly. “It’s alright, Ben. I’m coming” He assured his son, still aiming his blaster for a sure shot.

Suddenly, from a corner building’s shadow, Chewbacca rushed out and with one swift motion and roar,
    twisted and cracked the neck of the one holding Ben. The alien fell to the ground, releasing the frightened child.

“Sir…sir…” Ben ran toward his father, tears streaming down his face.

Han knelt and enfolded his son in his arms, hugging him tightly, eyes closed, thanking the Maker that he was safe. Chewbacca rushed to his friends, rubbing the top of Ben’s head, and uttering sounds.

“Did you hear what Chewie said?” Han asked Ben as the child wiped his face with his forearm.

Ben shook his head ‘yes’, “But I didn’t understand it.”

“He said you were very brave. I think you are too!” Ben look up and smiled at the Wookiee.

Ben touched the side of his father’s blood streaked face. “You’re hurt.”

“Just a scratch.” Han said

“You’re brave, too, dad…..uh..sir.”

“No… it‘s dad. Let’s go.” Han said rising, holding his son. “We still have some business to do.”

Slowly, as they walked out of town, denzins began gathering around the dead bodies, gazing at the retreating trio.

“Take Ben into the Falcon.” Han instructed his partner. “Keep him there.”

Chewbacca nodded and palming Ben’s hand, leading him up the boarding ramp of the ship. Moments later, the Wookiee returned with a first-aid kit.
    (“Let me take care of those cuts.”) Chewbacca made a fussy Han stand still as he washed antiseptic over the scratches, then applied a small adhesive.
    (“I gave Ben some books to look through and told him not to come outside. I also started the power up systems.”).

Han nodded.

He and Chewbacca readied the ship for the cargo delivery, opening and securing the loading doors and lowering the lifters.

Pacing beside the ship, Han spotted a large, mobile mover coming in their direction.
    The Corellian had his blaster drawn, ready, in case of more trouble. Chewbacca kept watching the ship’s hatchway.

#“Solo-Han.#” Faw called as he climbed down from the mover. #” I see you are ready for loading.”#

“Unload the money first.” Han said, unsmiling.

Faw nodded to the loaders; three squat, long-armed, flat head workers brought five
    black, rectangle, top loading and locking strong boxes and placed them near the Corellian. Han nodded to Chewie…
    who held his bowcaster on the delivery group while Han knelt and opened the boxes for inspection; digging deep into each
    one and pulling out currency from the bottom.

Faw smiled. #” It’s all there, Solo-Han. Three-hundred thirty-five thousand. Don’t you trust me?”#
    He held the sagrite gems in his knobby hand, moving them around like small stones.

His anger growing at what he was being forced to do, Han said. “About as much as you trust me. You know, Faw.”
    Han said as he rose and aimed his blaster dead center on the being’s forehead. “I could kill you right now.
    Take all the money…. and leave the kegs.”

Faw was unshaken. #”You could, but then, my best helper, Pitt would notify the authorities if I don’t come back.
    You’d be worse off than I would.”#

The Corellian stood silent for a moment, then waved the blaster in the movers’ direction.
    “Get on with it.” The quicker this was done the better.

Faw nodded and the beings began transferring the kegs onto the lifter and into the ship. Han counted as each one was loaded.
    “You said fifty kegs. There’s fifty one.”

#Solo-Han.”# Faw patronized, then nodded to a loader, who brought the last keg to
    him. Faw motioned to Han as he pried open the top of the keg. #”Seeds, Solo-Han
    If you get boarded, you open this one and tell them you are transporting seeds.”#

Once the hold was secured, Faw gave one last instruction. #”Don’t think you can dump
    the kegs once you are in space. I have arranged to be notified when the delivery is made.
    You know what will happen if I don’t get that call. I will extract my vengeance through your entire family.”#
    The being finished with a sinister look on his face.

Han gave no indication of hearing Faw’s last threat as he snapped the crumpled, stained parchment from the being’s hand and boarded his ship; Faw’s cackling laughter following him.
    The Falcon was fully powered up and all that needed to be done was for Han to punch in the coordinates for the flight. Plopping down in his pilot’s seat, he read the numbers and information from the parchment.

“Looks like we’re going to the Dalareous System..the fourth moon. Have to ask for someone named Vang.” Han talked as he punched in the coordinates on the navi-puter and scanned the screen maps..Chewbacca stretching over to look at the display.

(“You know how long that will take?”) Chewbacca asked, concerned.

Han exploded “Hell yes, I know how long that will take!!”

The Wookiee looked long and hard at his friend, who was cursing as he palmed controls on the console and snapped toggle switches with enough force to break them.

(“Han, I know you are concerned about Ben. Take him home, first.”)

Han took a deep breath. “I can’t take him home first. Faw is expecting to know that
    delivery is made on time….if it isn’t.. he’ll track down anyone associated with me.
    I told him Ben was ‘merchandise’, he doesn’t know he’s my son, so he’ll be out
    for Leia. Looks like I’ve made a deal with someone even more diabolical than the
    Demon of the Universe.” Han took another deep breath and pointed down the curved corridor of the Falcon.
    “I’ve got my son on a ship full of explosives…Leia will be out for my hide for keeping him out for so long.
    I’ve even endangered you and your family. I’ll never be sure Faw won’t hold this over my head for the rest of my life.
    I sure didn’t count on this much trouble just selling those gems.” Han slammed his headset down on the console.

Chewbacca laid a paw on his friend’s shoulder. (“ We’ll handle this together. All will be fine.”)

Han returned his friend’s gaze and settled down in his seat. “Let’s lift off and I’ll get Ben and we’ll have a good meal.
    Then I’ll contact Leia.”

MORE TO COME….Feb. 16, 2018

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_relieved] that Ben is safe but :eek: [face_nail_biting] edge of seatness over the hold/bind! Faw has over Han about those kegs. Leia will certainly not be pleased to put it mildly but Han has no choice at the moment. =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Leia will be like a lioness protecting her little one. I would not like to be in Han´s shoes when she finds out.

13. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota...thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK # 26.
    Your speculations are spot on.....
    The trouble isn't over yet......
    Lynda V.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Azure...Thank you for taking your time to ready GOING BACK # 26....
    Many questions arise from these events.
    The trouble isn't over...
    Lynda V.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY # 27

Chewbacca manned the Falcon’s flight as Han went to Ben, who was in the Captain’s cabin.

“Hey, buddy.” Han gave a light-hearted greeting coming into the room. Ben was in the middle of the bed, surrounded by books.
    He was intently looking at a Galaxy Atlas.

“What’cha looking at?” Han sat on the edge of his bed, fingering a leaf of the book.

“Star maps. We study star maps in school. I’m trying to see where we are.”

Han knew the child wouldn’t find that information in the book he was using.

“How about something to eat?”

“Yeah..I’m hungry.” Ben admitted.

“You go visit the lavatory and wash your hands after, then you can help me fix food in the galley.”
    Han said, gathering up the books and placing them back on a shelf.

Ben did as was told while Han waited for his son. He’d worried how Ben might have been affected by the events earlier,
    but the boy seemed as usual.
    Han hefted Ben up onto the galley counter, then went about hydrating and warming the food.

“Dad?” The boy began.

“Yeah?” Han responded.

“Did you know those beings?”

“What beings?”

“Back in that town…the ones who hurt you and Chewbacca and ran away with me, or
    the one in the dirty store?”

“Just ones I had some business with.” Han answered as he gave Ben a protein bar
    to snack on until the rest of the food was ready.

“If I had my lightsaber I’d protect us all and you and Chewbacca wouldn’t be hurt.” He began softly kicking the cabinet.
    I’d have more power than the bad ones. One day, when I‘m a Jedi, I‘ll more power than ANYBODY!”
    Ben stated around a bite of the bar.

Han smiled at the child-like bravado.

Go get Chewie..tell him the food’s ready.” Han caught his son as he jumped from the counter and took off for the cockpit.
    “Dad said food is ready.” The boy stood by the Wookiee, now completely unafraid.

Chewbacca woofed a soft reply and set the console controls to ‘auto’ and followed Ben into the lounge.
    “We’re going to talk to mom after we eat, then you go and take a bath and change into your sleeping clothes.”
    Han instructed his son. “Then I’ll take a bath and change.”

“Does Chewbacca take a bath?” Ben questioned.

“Only when I hose him down.” Han laughed as Chewbacca protested.

A beeping ring from the cockpit signaled an incoming com-link call. The Corellian and the Wookiee looked at each other.
    All three rose from the table and rushed to the cockpit.

Han quickly connected the com-link and heard; “Leia to Han, Leia to Han….

Han’s eyes darted to Chewbacca…it was really going to hit the boosters now!

“Leia…how are you?” Han winced, what a thing to say!

Where are YOU?!” Leia began, not letting Han get a word in edgewise. “I’ve been trying to contact you for a standard day!
    The com-link kept telling me you were ‘out of range’. where are you? How’s Ben.. let me talk to him. You’ve been out four standard days..
    you said the trip wouldn’t take but two…you get back here with MY son right now!

“Leia..I can explain.” Chewbacca grimaced, and shook his head. That was his friend’s standard reply to any spot he was in.

“No you can’t!!!” Leia cut him off, “ There’s no excuse for you to stay out this long with Ben,
    causing him to miss school! Not hearing from you scared me to death!”

“Yes, I can explain….we had mechanical trouble….”

“No we didn’t.” Ben chirped, loud enough for Leia to hear.

Han gave his son the ‘look’.

“Go ahead, Han, explain to me.”

“I had to help Chewie deliver something and it took a little longer than expected.”

The other end of the com-link was quiet. Han waited….then went on.

“We’ve got one more short stop and then we’ll be home, after I take Chewie back to

Kashyyyk ….” Still silence. Han knew she was fuming.

“Let me talk to Ben.”

Han gave the com-link to his son, begging with his eyes.

“Hi mom. I’m fine. I like traveling with Dad and Chewbacca.”

“You sure you’re alright? You resting and eating?”

“Yes…I gotta take a bath after I talk to you.”

“I love you. Just do what your father’s says and be good. I’ll see you soon.”

Ben gave the communicator back to his father.

“I promise, Leia,” Han raised a hand in the air. “ I’ll have us home in two standard days. things just happened.”

“I don’t like it, but there’s nothing I can do about it. Just get home in those two standard days…..or else!!!!! We’ll talk about this further then!”

“I love you.” Han told her…….silence for a moment.

“I love you too.” Leia answered with an exasperated sigh, “But you drive me crazy!”

“We shouldn’t be ‘out of range’ any more.” Han assured his wife.

“I’ve got to go…tell Chewbacca ‘hello’ for me.” The Wookiee nodded and softly woofed
    as Han shut off the com-link.

“Go get your bath, now.” Han told Ben…the child left, heading for the lavatory.

Han slumped back in the pilot’s chair. “I’d rather face an Imperial firing squad than Leia
    when I get home.”

Chewbacca couldn’t help himself, his whole body shook with laughter. (I’d love to be
    there to see how you get out of this.”).

Han slid tired hands down his face…. “I’ll smooth it over…I have a way with her.”

He stared out the viewport, already trying to formulate what he would say to Leia.
    “All done, Dad.” Ben walked into the cockpit, dressed in a sleeping shirt, the buttons
    in the wrong holes.

“Come’mere.” Han pulled his son to him and righted the buttons, smiling when Ben gave a big yawn.

“Time for sleep.” Han picked up his son. “I’m going to clean up and I’ll be back so you can have some rest time.”
    He said to Chewbacca, who nodded.

In his cabin, Han settled his son in the bunk and pulled the covers over him, then shucked his clothes and headed for the lavatory.
    After a short time, Chewbacca began hearing noises of clanging metal, then heavy thumps.
    That went on several times. (‘must be something Han noticed that needed fixing.’) He thought to himself.
    The Wookiee gave a silent ‘huh..fixing.’

A short while later, Han reentered the cockpit with two steaming cups of kava.
    Chewbacca looked up and was surprised to see his friend. His face was still whisker-stubbled,
    his hair shaggy and he hadn’t changed clothes.”

Responding to the Wookie’s stare Han said. “On second thought, I don’t think I should look too clean or respectable
    when I meet Faw’s customers. How’re you knees?”

Chewbacca nodded, taking a sip of the kava. (“Still aches. What were you doing back there?”)

Han took another gulp from his cup. “I moved the cash boxes from the cargo hold and put them in the one of the smuggling compartments.
    Faw’s customers don’t need to know about them.” Han said with raised eyebrows.

Han looked over the readouts. “Looks like we have a few hours before we get there. You take first rest. I’ll doze up here.”

Chewbacca flipped off his screen and headed down the curved corridor to his cabin.

After turning off the cockpit lights, Han settled back comfortably in the pilot’s chair, the soft light from the dials and
    indicators the only illumination. Leaning his head back, and lifting his feet to rest on the console, the low,
    constant hum of the Falcon’s engines lulled him to near sleep.. with thoughts of ‘Home’….
    after the last few days, he was looking forward to getting back there.

MORE TO COME …Feb. 23, 2018

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Leia was sure exasperated plus worried naturally with not being "in range" and them being overdue back home. Ben's reaction to the adventure understandable and thankfully not traumatized. Hope he doesn't take the Jedi=ferocious attack thing too far. [face_thinking]

I will be more than relieved when this whole mission with Faw's cargo is over with! [face_relieved]

=D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK...#27.
    Appreciate your comments.
    Leia hasn't completely vented her anger yet, 'mamma about her cub'. Han's
    just caught in circumstances he can't avoid to keep himself and his family safe.
    As Yogi Berra once said 'it ain't over till it's over." Lynda V.

18. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY…..#28

“Ooph!” Han grunted as he was kicked awake by his son’s foot. Turning his head,
    he saw Ben had kicked the covers off as well. Pulling them back over the youngster’s shoulders,
    Han rose from the bunk and stretched. He appreciated Chewie relieving him for the last couple of hours;
    that pilot’s chair wasn’t easy on the back for sleeping. He headed to the lavatory.
    Running a hand down his now more than stubbled face he mused with a laugh as he caught his image in the reflector.
    ‘I look a little more than raunchy.’

Back in the cabin, he began dressing in the same clothes he’d worn for three days.
    Pulling on his pants, a powerful jolt rocked the ship, causing him to totter on one foot, nearly losing his balance.

‘What the hell was that?’ He wondered.. Quickly zipping and snapping his pants then stomping into his boots and,
    with a look, checked on Ben, left the cabin; strapping on his blaster as he rushed.

Another rocking jolt hit the ship; the Corellian placed a hand on the wall to steady himself.

“What’s happening, Chewie” He yelled, running to the cockpit. “What’re you hittin‘?”

In the cockpit, the Wookiee was roaring and busy engaging the deflector shields.

Han stumbled into his seat as another flash boomed in front of the cockpit viewport;
    reflexively, Han and Chewbacca flinched.

(“We’re being shot at.”) The Wookiee yelled.

“I can SEE that.” Han yelled back, ducking again as another shot dispersed against
    the deflector shields. He quickly flipped on his console screen, punching in the
    coordinate readings, nodding as he realized they were just about at their destination;
    the fourth moon in the Delareous system.

“Seems whoever is down there doesn’t want company comin’.” Han put on his headset and searched
    for a standard frequency on the com-link… “Hey!…hey! Stop firing at us!”

(“That’s not how you summons an approach.”) Chewbacca admonished.

“It is if you want to get their attention.” Han shot back. “If they hit us just right, those
    kegs will explode!”

^ “Identify yourself…urself…self… ”^ Came a tinny voice from the com-link.

“Stop firing at us!” Han yelled into the mic.

Silence….both on the com-link and outside the Falcon.

^”State your business…usiness…ness.”^

Han squirmed around in the seat. “We have…cargo..to deliver.” He tapped his headset,

“Those shots must’ve fried something, I’m gettin’ an echo.” He told Chewbacca.

Silence.

“Come on…….” Han muttered under his breath.... “tell us something.”

Silence.

“If any more shots come, Chewie, we’ll have to divert.” Han scanned readouts…no
    major damage.

^”You stated you have cargo…argo…go.”^ The voice came through the com-link.

“Yes, we need coordinates to land and unload.”

Silence.

“Dad, what’s going on?” Ben came into the cockpit, barefooted, rubbing his eyes.
    Han and Chewbacca exchanged glances.

Another shot screamed in front of the viewport without hitting the ship.

^“Follow these coordinates…ordinates…dinates….ates.”^
    Han punched in the numbers as they came across the com-link.

“I’ve got a bad feeling about this.” Han murmured.

(“I don’t like it when you say that.”) Chewbacca spat back.

“You follow those numbers, Chewie.” Han said, rising. “I’m going to hide Ben.”
    The Wookiee nodded.

“Here son.” Han hefted the child up in his arms.
    In the galley, Han took a bottle of water from the cooler and three protein bars, then headed to the
    supply closet and got a silver survivor blanket.

Raising a grid from one of the smuggling compartments, he said to his son. “You stay here. Don’t make a sound.
    I know it will be dark, but the dark won’t hurt you. Here’s water and food.

Don’t touch the overhead grate or come out no matter what you hear. Understand me?”

Ben nodded apprehensively as his father lowered him into a sitting position on the floor of the smuggling compartment.
    Han handed him the food and water.. “You’re a brave man, Ben. I love you.” He assured him.
    “I’ll come get you as soon as it is safe.” The boy smiled…fully trusting his father as Han covered his son with the blanket.
    Back in the cockpit Han saw the surface of the moon from the viewport. Pock-marks. craters and black holes from explosive
    detonations covered the area; it looked like an abandoned desert.

“Looks like they’ve nearly blown this place to bits.” Han commented to Chewbacca.

Swooping over the surface, pinpointing the place to land, the Wookiee maneuvered the ship almost as adroitly as Han.
    In the distance, Han could see several Beings waiting.

“Keep her on full power in case we have to make a getaway. Let’s get this stuff unloaded as quick as possible
    and get out of here.” Han told Chewbacca as the Falcon settled on solid ground.
    The hiss of hydraulics opened the hatch and Han and Chewbacca departed down the walkway…
    right into a group of beings holding weapons on them.

^”We’ll search your ship first.. irst….st”^ The tallest being said with a nod to two others.

Han realized that the echo was their speech pattern..nothing was wrong with the Falcon's
    com-link reception.

They rushed into the ship and Han silently prayed they wouldn’t find Ben.

Waiting…Han looked over the group. They were quite slim and tall, taller than Han by a head.
    Skin a pale green with an oblong face…Three eyes rested above two holes, which were their nostrils.
    A small, slit-mouth was above an elongated chin. They wore dark green jumpsuits and at the end of their
    two long arms were weapons…poles about two meters long..with various hooks, pincers, jagged edges and sharp points.
    One being held a pole/weapon that had a large, curled, spring-like hook with a sharp point.

Han’s stomach tightened as his imagination thought about that spring being thrust through
    his abdomen and jerking out his intestines…these beings weren’t ones to be messed with.

Finally he heard footsteps coming down the Falcon’s boarding ramp.

“^The ship is clear….lear…ar”^ A Being told the tallest one…apparently the leader.

Han let his heart start beating again.

^”We had to make sure you weren’t a decoy or this an ambush…bush…ush.
    Now, what is the cargo you have…ave…ve..?”^ The leader asked.

“Fifty kegs of polifrene from Faw Agnor.” The Leader looked over Han’s slovenly
    appearance from head to toe…then to Chewbacca…wrinkling his face as though he was smelling something odorous.

^“Faw’s dealing with nastier looking pirates these days…ays…ys.. Alright…let’s get it
    unloaded….loaded…ed…”^

The group walked around to the back of the ship, where Han and Chewbacca readied the
    cargo doors and lift.

“I’ll have to go inside and unlock the inner security doors.” Han told the leader.

^”No…you will not reenter your ship…hip..ip”^ The others crowded Han with their weapons.

“It has a security lock…Chewie and I are the only ones who know the combination.”

^Then you will tell it to one of my guards….ards….rds.”^

Han looked at the weapons being held on them….’I’ll change the combination after this’ was the thought running through his mind.

“The number is 577.” Chewbacca gave a low growl.

The Leader nodded to one of the Beings, who turned to board the ship. After what seemed like an eternity to Han,
    fearing the Being would bring Ben out at any time, the inner cargo doors opened.

As the first keg was lifted off the ship, the Leader said. ^”I want each keg opened, to make sure all of it is polifrene….lifrene…frene…”^

Han winced; that would take a long time and with the Falcon idling at full power, it was using up precious energy.

The Leader inspected each opened keg to make sure they all held the gelatinous fluid.
    On the opening of the last keg and finding it full of seeds, the Leader looked at Han and asked. ^What is this…his…is…?“^

“Plant seeds….my cover.” Han explained. The Leader nodded.

Finally, as the full cargo wagon lumbered to a large building in the distance, Han commented, sarcastically…”Nice doin’ business with you.”

The Leader stopped as they walked near the boarding ramp. ^”Oh, our business isn’t finished…inished…isded”^

“What do you mean?”

^”You can’t leave this moon…oon..on”^

“The hell, I can’t. I’ve delivered what I was required to. You contact Faw and tell him the
    delivery was made….get him off my back.”

Caught off guard, Han didn’t realize one of the Beings was lifting his blaster.

“Hey!” He turned toward the Being who jabbed the barrel hard into Han’s ribs.

^”Didn’t Faw tell you, that upon this delivery you were disposable…posable…able?"^

You know what you’ve delivered, you know what it is used for, and where it was delivered to.
    No other delivery pirates were allowed to live…ive…ve. Security reasons…asons…ons..”^

Han and Chewbacca looked at each other. The Wookiee gave a loud growl when the
    Being roughly jabbed Han’s gun further into the Corellian’s side again.

Was Han going to be killed with his own blaster?

MORE TO COME…March 2, 2018.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :eek: [face_nail_biting] Like big time [face_nail_biting] =D= Faw is a double crossing bit of Hutt slime! :mad: [face_worried] Han's radar of this dude is a sleemo probably did go off but he had to go along because of the spot Faw put him in and now, they're stuck!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Double post. @};- :p

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Too much lag. :p

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, Thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK # 28.
    Stuck....when Han gets stuck, he always has a way out.

Double post? Sorry, I didn't realize.

23. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK #28.
    Stuck?............When Han gets stuck he always has a way out.

Double post? Didn't realize.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY # 29

“Get that blaster out of my side!” Han yelled at the Being.

The Being looked at the leader who gave a nod, and the weapon was lowered.

“Look.” Han began. “You don’t need to ‘dispose’ of us. I can make you a deal.”

Chewbacca raised his eyes to Heaven.

^”Go on..on….”^ The Leader said, willing to hear the ‘deal’ the pirate would come up with.

“If you dispose of all the ones that bring the supplies you need, doesn’t that keep you looking for someone
    to make deliveries for you? Doesn’t using different ones
    each time increased the chances of a slip up or an ambush….
    someone has to say something sometime. Now, Chewie and me here, can keep delivering for you.
    We’re pirates, smugglers, we know all the angles. Why, I’ve run contraband through Imperial
    blockades without getting caught. As you say, we know the location, know how to safely transport your supplies.
    You’d just have to pay us a fair fee for our ‘expertise‘.”

The Leader was silent. Chewbacca still kept his head pointed upward.

^“You make a good point…onit…nit.”^

Han relaxed a bit.

“What’da’ya say? Of course, we’d still have to do our regular smuggling ‘business’.”

^”How do I know I can trust you..ou….u?”^ The Leader was still skeptical.

“I brought the polyfrene here. I could have dumped it in space or sold it somewhere else..
    perhaps to one of your enemies, and kept the profit, but I brought it here.” Han pointed to the ground.

The Leader motioned to the others who gathered around…talking low among themselves, but keeping an eye on the haulers.

“If I had my blaster, we could make a run for it now.” Han said aside to Chewbacca.

^”What is your name..ame…me?”^ The group broke up as the Leader moved closer to the Corellian.

“Dalf Sallon and this is Wisnikin, my partner, he’s a Muligrumpt.” Han nodded to the Wookiee.
    “He makes a great body guard and ‘deterent’.” The lie rolled off Han’s tongue as slickly as the ice of Hoth.

^”And your ship…hip…ip?”^

Glactic Rover. Fastest ship in the quadrant and best ,‘illegally’, armed in the galaxy.”

The Wookiee kept quiet, but rolled his eyes…he’d heard Han spout some lies in his
    day, but these were just about the best yet.

^”We’ll give you a try…ry…y. Once we make the bombs, we’ll need them to be taken to a specific place..lace…ace….
    Give me your contact information and com-link frequency.

I don’t like using the standard frequency…others could hear…ear…ar. How does a fee of one hundred thousand a trip sound…ound…und?”^

“Sounds good to me.” Han agreed.

With a nod from the Leader, the Being gave Han’s blaster back to him. Han reholstered the weapon.

^”We’ll just contact you on the frequency you give when we need you….ou…u..

You can only guess at what fate will befall you if you fail us…us…s”^ The Leader hissed into Han’s ear.

Han nodded, trying to look convincingly impressed. “The frequency is 2-0-1-A on the lower scale. Custom made to my ship.”

The Leader stepped back. An indication Han took as letting him know they could leave.

“Let’s get our butts out of here as quick as possible.” Han whispered to his partner as they bounded up the boarding ramp of the Falcon.

“Chewie, get us off the ground, NOW! I’ll go get Ben.” Han said after he’d slapped and locked the hatchway entrance.
    The Wookiee growled and loped off to the cockpit.

Han dragged the heavy plate off the smuggling compartment. “Ben, it’s alright, it’s safe now.” He said as he pulled the survivor blanket off his son.

“Hi Dad…did I do good?” Sweat beaded the boy’s forehead.

Han lifted him up into his arms, wiping the moisture off his son’s face. “You did
    great! I’m very proud of you. You’re the one who kept us safe. You’ll make a quite a soldier or pilot.”

Ben wriggled and Han set him down on the deck. “I TOLD you I’m going to be a

Jedi.” Now out of the smuggling compartment, the boy was unfazed.

Han felt the force pressure as the ship gained speed and altitude.

Let’s get you into some clothes and then call mom and tell her we’re on our way home.”
    After a few minutes, Han and Ben made their way into the cockpit. Han settled in the pilot’s seat with Ben seated behind him.

(“What was all that about.. smuggling, frequency.”) Chewie asked as he gave over the controls to Han.

“Just a bunch of Bantha droppings.” Han said as he worked his side of the flight console.
    “I don’t ever intend to see this place again. You know how we operate; agree to anything, falsify everything, then do what we want.”

(“You think he believed you about our names and the ship? Faw could have told him.

We HAD to deliver the polyfrene…you have a threat over your head.”)

“He didn’t blink an eye or call me on it. You know in our ‘business’ we don’t use
    right names and we got away without a hitch. I’ve lived with threats for over half of my life.” Han answered.

(“Yes, but this one involves your family.”) Chewbacca nodded to Ben.

Han looked at his friend and partner, for a few silent moments, then punched in the
    frequency on the com-link to contact Leia.

“Han….Han….It’s about time. I’ve been waiting for you.” Leia sounded none the better
    about Ben’s situation with his father.

“That’s mommie.” Ben smiled and grabbed the back of Han’s seat with both hands.

Han broke into a big smile. “Well, you’ll have to wait no more, sweetheart, we’re on our
    way home just as soon as I take Chewie back.”

“Ben’s alright?”

“Here,” Han handed the com-link to Ben, “find out for yourself.”

“Hi, mom.”

Leia’s heart was comforted hearing her son’s voice. “I love you and anxious to
    give you a big hug when you get home.”

“I’m ready to be home.” Ben told her. There was a faint ringing in the background of Leia’s com-link.

“I have to go now. Let me talk to your father again.”

Ben gave the mic back to his father, holding it with both hands.

“I hope there will be no more delays in getting Ben back home.” She told Han sternly.

“I’m anxious to see you too. For us to get ‘reacquainted’.”

Leia knew what that meant and told Han before she ended the connection. “I want to
    talk to you too.”
    “How about something to eat?” Han asked.

“Yes!” Ben agreed while Chewbacca gave a happy grunt.

“Let’s go. Head straight for Kashyyyk.” Han slapped the Wookiee on the shoulder as they headed for the galley.
    As Han worked readying the food, there was a niggling in the back of his mind about how Leia sounded over the com-link.
    ‘She just misses us and anxious for us to get home,’ he reasoned to himself.
    The trio enjoyed their meal, but each was quiet. Han rose to throw all the waste in the trash compactor.

“Chewie, I’ll take over, now, you get some rest. And you,” Han ruffled his son’s
    brown hair, “Can co-pilot for me.”
    Ben kept his eyes on the cockpit viewport…”There’s so many stars! Have you been to
    all of them, Dad?”

Han laughed as he adjusted a reading on the console. “Son, you don’t land on stars…they’re burning.
    You land on planets, asteroids and moons.”

“We’re going back to Chewbacca’s planet? The jungle planet?”

“That’s right. Maybe we can stay just long enough for Malla to get a good look at you.”

“Who’s Malla”

“That’s Chewie’s mate.”

“Mate?”

“Life partner.”

Han continued to get the confused look from Ben.

“Like mom is my mate…my wife…we’re married.”

“Oh.”

“Hold on.” Han smiled at his son.

“You gonna make the stars streak?

“Sure am.” With that Han punched in the hyperdrive.
    “Coming up on Kashyyyk.” Han announced as the alarm sounded. He took a last
    sip of the kava and left the table. Ben and Chewbacca stayed and finished their meal.
    “Good to get back home, isn’t it Chewie.” Han commented upon seeing the tall trees.

Chewbacca shook his head enthusiastically. The best Han could determine by the slant
    of the sun, it was late afternoon.

“You didn’t want to let Malla know you were on your way home?”

(“I like surprising her.”)

“I see some of the tree huts now.” Ben exclaimed, pointing.

“Think you’d like to live in a tree hut?” Han asked his son.

“It would be like living in a park all the time.” He answered.

Han slowed the ship and maneuvered to the landing spot.

(“Why don’t you and Ben come spend the night? Malla sure would like to
    get a look at this little one.”)

“I really need to get back home, myself…Leia’s fit to have ME tied now.”

(“Will you be in any worse hot water for one more day?”)

“Guess not.” Han agreed. “I would like for Malla to see Ben and don’t know
    when I’d have a chance to get back here.”

Together, Han and Chewbacca shut down the Falcon, disembarked and the trio
    began their walk through the woods to Chewbacca’s hut.

MORE TO COME ….March 9th, 2018

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_relieved] Han got them out of the sticky situation with his usual smoothness ;) But [face_thinking] sounds like Leia isn't quite so ready to be forgiving although she's relieved and mollified that Ben is OK.

AzureAngel2 likes this.