main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I dunno if I'm in the chat for that one I'll just type "MAAAAANGIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAA" over and over.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  2. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I honestly think the writing is great , ANH is just such a perfect story . and the rest of the OT too , amazing structure .
    even the PT has terrific plotting .
    It's really not that easy to write a SW script as evidenced by the last few films .

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Master_Lok likes this.
  3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Clunky dialogue is a Star Wars tradition, the recent movies are just being consistent

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    [​IMG]

SuperWatto and Bacon164 like this.
  5. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Remember how I said nobody should pay attention to userscores, like the RT user score, etc? Let's take a look at Black Panther's IMDB score: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt

The movie isn't out yet, but there's 7000 votes already from people who probably haven't already watched the view? 67% 10s, 33% 1s. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Ender Sai likes this.
  6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  7. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    At least you'll finally have something else to whine about other than the bloody Prequels... [face_laugh]

Healer_Leona likes this.
  8. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Oh, good heaven, I’m so relieved Ender Sai can stop banging on about his one and only disliked evil thing!

9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Did anyone seriously contest this? Weren’t you the one saying TLJ was evidently terrible from a B+ User score?

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    both TLJ and BP are white male genocide advocating films!

lol @ white men

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    No I wasn't pay attention.

I stated that TLJ was good for it's A- Cinemascore. Cinemascore is the only verifiable filmgoer rating.

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    you realise though Wocky will instinctively have to defend any software or hardware from criticism. Birds of a feather.

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    ... even Windows Me?

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Sometimes I wonder if MS is glad Millennium permanently absorbed some jokes that should rightfully be aimed at vanilla 8 these days.

15. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Should have stayed a mod, then.

16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    1) Rebels is starting in 10 days and it'll be over the beginning of March. We have Han Solo coming out this May, and then we don't have Episode 9 coming out until December 20, 2019. The comic stories are limping along. I'm not sure what's coming out novel-wise. So it appears we have somewhat of a Star Wars "drought" coming between June 2018 and December 2019. Good? Bad? Thoughts?

2) We have Rian Johnson doing his own trilogy. No release schedule, not filming currently, and he's still thinking about ideas according to an article from January 16th. So I'm guessing he's in the writing phase now, will start casting/auditioning/etc later this year and start filming next year for a May 2020 release date. Thoughts?

3) We have David Benioff and D.B. Weiss doing "a new series of Star Wars films." after GOT is over. GOT is rumored to air April 2019 according to Maisie Williams. So they probably won't start writing/thinking about ideas for their films until early-mid 2019. Will their first movie come out in 2020 as well? Maybe December 2020? Two Star Wars films a year from two different teams? Will they stagger the releases to allow the ILM team to do the post production special effects work or will they expand the team? Johnson 2020, 2022, 2024 -- Benioff/Weiss 2021, 2023, 2025? Thoughts?

Final questions and thoughts...
    4) What's Filoni working on? [Probably a new show, but when in the timeline and with what characters is anyone's guess at this point.]
    5) Do we really want an Obi-wan movie? [I don't. The comic stories involving him all take place on Tatooine and are not very exciting. Leave it as is. He's watching over Luke and doesn't leave the planet to go on an adventure that we need to see.]
    6) Will we see Episode 10-12? [maybe in 2026, 2028, 2030]

Now that Disney has made their 4 billion back, it's experiment time. Kennedy likes working with Johnson so we'll see how that gamble pays off in the future. Whether you love, hate, or are indifferent to GOT, in my opinion, it's the best show on television when it's new and I think Benioff and Weiss have a lot of potential to bring us some good stories. Sure, they don't have Martin's source material, but they have the Lucasfilm Story Group and plenty of "Legends" material to cherry pick from and make their own. So IMO, this is "fun" time for Disney and when "fun" time is over, they'll go back to the core Skywalker trilogy if there are any Skywalkers left by the end of IX.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  17. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    we could use a bit of a break before we plunge headlong into an absolute deluge of new tv shows, tons of movies in the 2020's and the publishing stuff that's sure to come.

Currently the Darth Vader comic and Aphra comic are quite good, and the Poe Dameron comic has come a long way since its rough start. It's actually starting to get into the episode 7 timeline which is interesting as Disney hopefully opens up the Sequel era for more publishing exploration

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  18. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    Drought ? drought ?? 18 months ? Listen - back in the OT days we waited 3 years between movies . 3 years . and we were grateful for what we got . Bloomin' kids these days want everything right now , wasn't like that in my day , don't know you're born most of ya .

19. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    While you're correct that I do hate waiting, I'm a huge fan of quality over quantity, so I will be as patient as possible for Episode IX. In the meantime, I'm just curious and interested in speculating on what's coming next.

I read that the Disney's Streaming Service - let's call it DSS - is slated to premiere Fall 2019. It's initial offerings will be the following TV series: (1) Star Wars live action, (2) Marvel live action show, (3) Monsters Inc animated, and (4) High School Musical show.

In addition to the TV shows listed above, they are working on new movies to premiere on DSS as well: Lady and the Tramp, Paper Magician, Stargirl and Togo, 3 Men and a Baby, Sword and the Stone, Timmy Failure, Magic Camp, and Noelle. (All of which doesn't matter, just want to give a full picture)

According to Deadline, Marvel's Defenders is going to stay on Netflix for now and any R-rated content is going to Hulu instead of DSS. Does this news, especially this last sentence, irk anyone else besides me?

20. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    I don't understand why they don't do an animated show based in the period between IV and V , I mean that's the best place , Han Luke and Leia having adventures etc. , the Empire . Instead we got 600 hours about the clone wars .

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah you could throw in Boba Fett. Maybe make a big deal out of it, air it around a holiday, truss it up with some framing device like, I dunno, maybe there's some kind of goofy alien celebration they all have to go to...

22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Ramza, that idea seems a little Lumpy ...

Sarge likes this.
  23. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    just imagine what the GoT boys could do with that .

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Needlessly kill off Bea Arthur?

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Whatever Filoni’s working on, I know it’s gonma be amazing. I’m a huge fan of The Clone Wars and Rebels. Maybe it’ll be set between episodes 6 and 7. That’s a huge time period with lots of goodies to explore.