main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Planets/Worlds of Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Mostly Handless, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think those snowy mountains are probably Corellia too. We've seen Kessel in Rebels and it looks like this:

[​IMG]

2. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Yup, Chewbacca has a family in the new canon. They appeared in the Aftermath trilogy.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

Swashbucklingjedi likes this.
  3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I loved that the sites we saw in spy pictures are so clearly in the movie.

The speeders chasing around the Powerstation .
    The surface of Kessel being that strange Atlantic island. I love they kept the sea in the images. It's not just a desert.
    And good ol' Iceland, which every movie uses now. Must be great tax incentives.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  4. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    This would be cool. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we've seen such a planet in any main SW movie. We've never seen the characters get up and move to another part of the same planet they're on and see a drastic climate difference. That would be cool to see.

Lt. Hija likes this.
  5. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Think we will get to see Center Point Station?

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  6. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    Corellia looks like a Backwater Planet, don't like this at all.
    It's supposed to be one of the high advanced main worlds.
    And snowy Mountains really?

7. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Corellia looks a lot like the large industrial facilities, factories and (especially) Shipyards and Docks that I have visited. Seeing as it's home to a (star)ship building industry I think the imagery in the trailer is spot on.

8. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Yeah... I always imagined it a bit like Earth out of Blade Runner or a mini Coruscant. That might be my mistake as I have no idea why i have always imagined it that way?? [face_thinking]

9. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Hey, at least it's not another empty wasteland like 99% of the Disney planets have been. This is REALLY advanced compared to them.

10. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Possible, IMO. We know that Canto Bight is a desert world, with an artificial sea. We see the Bounty Hunters on lost sof sand, but there is s sea ain the background. And the fancy-pants place looks like it would be right at home on Cantonica.

11. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Just pointing out that the worlds we see in the OT are largely empty as well. And I don't think you could call Takodana or D'Qar "wastelands." In the ST, JJ and KK deliberately wanted most of the action to take place on the frontier.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I don't think it looks like backwater world- look how much buildings there are and they're not primitive stone huts like Jedha or Ahch-To but actually modern cities like Coruscant.
    I think Corellia is a world with many faces(like earth in that way, and Coruscant also has lower levels)- Solo lives on the streets, he lives on backwater area of the world that also has highly advanced cities of the richest people in the galaxy so I think there is also the more classy side of Corellia(which I think Qi'ra finds her way into at some point)

Snowy mountains on Corellia? It's just straight from EU(if that is not different place- it can be), in old canon even Coruscant has mountains, but in new canon they are under the city.

13. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    The whole movie is not set on Corellia...

Guesswork;

The only scenes we will see on Corellia will be the illegal street race which forces Han to join the Imperials rather than a spell in jail. He then gets kicked out of the Flight Academy and ends up, demoted, on Mimban where he meets Beckett. They are ordered to do something they don't like and end up in the Spice Mines of Kessel. Here they meet Chewbacca and in the years they are incarcerated Han learns Wookiee from his new BFF. They somehow escape or serve their term (unlikely) and go on to further adventures on maybe three more planets;

The mountainous planet with the trains and Bonehead the Pirate (just worked out that the Range Trooper refers to a Mountain Range)
    The desert island planet where Bonehead the Pirate has his base.

And then there's wherever Paul Bettany's mansion is and the dive where Han wins the Falcon off Lando.

14. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
  15. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    I thought, in the Old EU\Legends, that Corellia had giant mega-metropolises?

Those mega-metros were built in layers similar to Coruscant although not sprawling planet wide cities.

16. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    so we may have:
    Corellia
    Mimban
    Kessel
    +mountain world
    +"western" island world
    + Dryden Vos' club on some other planet

6 planets and maybe some others we havent heard about yet? Sounds like the main bulk of the film though. I dont think the train heist happens on Corellia. If it's the first big job for Han then i expect it to happen in a different world. And the sand world doesnt look like Kessel IMO but who knows...

the way i see it now:
    -Young Han joins the imperial academy on Corellia as seen in the teaser.
    -got kicked out of it and becomes street punk racing Han with his orphan friend Qi'Ra, they're still on Corellia
    -Han and Qi'Ra go their separate ways
    -Han meets Beckett. They set up an easy job on Mimba infiltrating the imperials...and Han meets and free Chewie?
    -western by the sea planet? trouble with the tribal gang?
    - Meet up with Betanny's in his club. This is where Han meets Lando and recognized Qi'Ra who's now part of Vos' entourage.
    -train heist and more trouble with the tribal guy?
    -climax: Kessel run

im not sure i got it right haha :) the train heist must happen much earlier and i dont know know how mimban and the sand world might fit in all this...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  17. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Agree with a lot of that. Bonehead, IMHO, is the leader of a bunch of pirates, the beach village is their home and they are trying to muscle in on Beckett's heist on the Mountainous planet. I'm guessing that the Pirates will have a very cool ship as well.
    Dryden Vos' abode is quite big, I'm guessing the floor above the Club area is where the trophy room is (and where a knife fight takes place.) You can see mountains out of the windows (not that that helps in trying to identify the planet).

My running order would be....
    Landspeeder race/chase - Han gets into trouble and is given an ultimatum - join the Forces or face a jail term.
    He joins the Flight Academy, gets kicked out and ends up as a foot soldier on Mimban. Beckett is his commanding officer and they are tasked with rounding up a bunch of Rebels, one of which is Chewie. When ordered to execute them Han gets all Geneva Convention and he, Chewie and Beckett are sent to Kessel.
    Beckett either escapes or gets released early and Han and Chewie form a partnership over the (five?) years they are there. Han and Chewie escape or are busted out (by Beckett). We see the two Kessel Guards getting whacked by that person dressed in black in the trailer.

Not much idea about the second half of the movie -

Is Qi'ra hooked up with Lando and L3-37 when we meet her again?
    Does Han win the Falcon from Lando at that Sabacc table and if so where and when does that take place? It seems like Han has the ship by the end of the movie with him and Chewie in the front seats.
    What happens to L3-37?

18. Fuzel

Fuzel Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2018
    I'm pretty sure we see him win the ship from Lando in the movie.
    https://gyazo.com/3a107706c978f3d3e731c2869a84f15d
    In this Image from the Entertainment weekly magazine, Lando is holding cards, possibly Sabacc?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  19. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Yeah, in the trailer we see Han approaching that very card school (you can just make out Lando's shirt between his legs).

Fuzel likes this.
  20. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Sounds logical.

Although I doubt they just serve their term in Kessel. I'm sure an escape scene would be MUCH more entertaining!

21. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    We see the two Kessel Guards getting whacked by the figure in black in the trailer so I would imagine that an escape is on the cards.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  22. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Unless I'm mistaken this is a Kessel watchtower in the background, right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  23. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Han has Corellia in the background, Chewie Kessel, Qi'ra the beach planet and Lando the 'Range'.

24. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Thanks for the heads-up.

[​IMG]

Frankly, I had hoped to see Corellia's shipyards in orbit of, not on the planet. :(

dekaneas likes this.
  25. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    We still might, we have only see a few square miles of the planet so far...

dekaneas likes this.