main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I LOVE curling, I've got to actually go learn to play one of these days.The new addition of mixed doubles this year has been awesome!

That's because you are Canadian! :p But seriously, I noticed a lot of the coaches for other teams are Canadian.
    It's also not calm in our house, even if it always takes a game for us to remember exactly how the scoring works.

2. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    Good afternoon saloon. :) Happy National Pizza Day!!!!! =P~ I know what's for dinner tonight.

3. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Happy Pizza Day!

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    National... Pizza Day.

Sounds good to me! :D

5. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    It does to me, too.

Kahara likes this.
  6. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I like watching ice skating and the synchronized diving. Ice skating is beautiful and I wish I was confident enough to try to ice skate (I have but when you have a balance problem it can be daunting) and the synchronized diving is amazing to watch two people act as closely as possible as one and you KNOW which ones will not do well.

Kahara and Mistress_Renata like this.
  7. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    They do burrow, don't they? Gotta wonder if they've got a common ancestor with ferrets or something. Maybe she knew you were due for a new one and wanted to 'help' by giving you an excuse.

Radical, but effective! I bet you look fierce, like one of those female warriors in the new Black Panther movie. Will you have to get new pillows, too, or will a hot wash suffice?

Curling before it was cool! My roommate & I just watch in baffled fascination. It's the guys with the brooms who are so mesmerizing. It's just...how do they KNOW? Thanks for the explanation, @jcgoble3. The first part made sense, although I got a little lost when you got to the hammer. But it is so cool to watch; that initial throw, which looks like a cross between ballet and bowling, then the two frantic sweepers.

It's catching on in coolness, I think. Since the last Olympics, I've heard there are a lot of curling clubs starting up in the US. I think it strikes people as an Olympic sport that actual everyday people could do.

Some of both? You're probably gonna have something to show off in the summer! Which reminds me of the arm weights I bought myself for New Years and still haven't opened.

Really? I didn't know this, and guess what I had for lunch! :D And it was the dreaded Hawaiian flavor, too!

Not much news here. I think I'm getting a cold, I have that funny tickle at the back of the throat. Time to make some of the famous Greek lemon egg soup. However, I have no errands or outings planned for the weekend. I need to polish my shoes but I can relax all day. Although this plot bunny started nibbling on the way home and got a bit insistent while I was in the grocery store...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Saw the fourth evening of Sanremo, all my faves are out. But this guy in the "nuove proposte" selection won the critics' award with this moving, moving sung poetry piece. Here's a wonky translation:
    http://lyricstranslate.com/sr/stiamo-tutti-bene-we-are-all-fine.html

Ah, us Europeans and football! I'm a supporter of Olympiakos when it comes to Greece (for basketball, too), Deportivo La Coruña when it comes to Spain, Bayern when it comes to Germany, A.C. Milan in Italy. Here, my heart beats for Red Star Belgrade - the team that became the European and WORLD champion in 1991. In all sports. I support any and every of our teams that makes it to the European or world scene, though. Next to football and basketball, the other popular sports here are waterpolo - because we're the best on the planet and nobody can question that - volleyball, tennis (Nole Đoković is a national hero!), women's basketball, women's volleyball, shooting.

If I was over there, I'd try it with you! Nobody I asked today wanted to give it a go. :(

Le drool! =P~=P~=P~

I have slices of pineapple. Imma buy the dough (mine comes out too chewy somehow) and add some tomato sauce and ham and VOILA. I will be celebrating one day later. :p

I want to try that, too. If I can cycle, I can skate, period.

Come to think...I want to try everything. No inhibitions anymore.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  9. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    That's the way to do it! (Assuming that what you want to try isn't actually harmful, of course). I spent too many years thinking "I wish I could, but..." No more buts! Now, I try stuff. Even if it's stuff that's sort of scary.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Last year made me this way. I already had some of that mindset in 2015 and 2016, but now, it's YOLO.

No alcohol (maybe Somersby or grapefruit beer once in a blue moon, never solo - allergic to everything else, anyway), no promiscuity, no drugs, no hurting others with my actions. But the rest? A-OK. :D

11. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Hawaiian pizza is my favorite.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    You're my soulmate! I like Hawaiian and Pepperoni most. I'd eat a combo of those, too...with some sweetcorn, too!

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  13. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Not one for corn on my pizza.

14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I did it by accident and it turned out to be great in all three above mentioned combos. Not a lot of it, of course. A handful is enough.

Now eating Milka Bubbly White and writing a LONG-DUE fanon entry. [face_love]

15. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    [​IMG]

My Dropbox account is getting closer and closer to full. Barely 50 MB left after adding a few new photos tonight. At this rate, I don't think it will last until April (when most of my bonus space expires). I think I'm going to have to spring for the Plus subscription early.

16. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    So, yeah, she must be in tune with the sales gods or something. My roommates and I decided to go out today instead of braving Saturday shoppers with the current state of the so-called "roads" ("snow removal? What's that?" - my municipal government. Just kinda affirms my decision to stay at home). Anyways, normally I buy homeware stuff online, but I kinda had no idea what I was looking for in terms of material and filler, so we went to the Bay (just because it's the only department store left in town) and they were having a sale on their clearance. And long story short, I got a $500 duvet for less than $200 (which is still a lot for some people, I know, but this Northern Canada, it is needed).

Speaking of pizza - roommates and I went to the grocery store I don't normally go to by myself because it's so big (but I like going because they have a lot of different stuff). But they have really good pizzas made in store that you bake at home. They have the best Hawaiian pizza. Normally Hawaiian isn't my number one choice but theirs is sooo good. So I bought one.

In other news, my module pack and textbooks were supposed to arrive today but the delivery has been "delayed due to weather". The semester doesn't start till Wednesday so I'm not too worried (however Monday is a holiday here).

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Mistress_Renata and Chyntuck like this.
  17. It Is Your Destiny

Jan 1, 2014
    Another National Pizza Day come and gone.
    [​IMG]
    It was truly magnificent... we cooked our own pie AND ordered out! [face_blush]

Ewok Poet and Chyntuck like this.
  18. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Everybody deserves a good duvet, Northern Canada or no Northern Canada. We got ourselves a proper down duvet a few years ago (in a clearance sale too, because those are expensive) aand there's really no going back.
    Technically we need neither, because head lice can't survive outside human hair for more than a couple of hours. But I washed the pillows and pillowcases for purely psychological reasons, because I *know* I'll feel an itch on my scalp as soon as I lie down :p

And about pizza. @Gamiel. Gamiel. GAMIEL. Please tell me that this is science-fiction, because the venerable Kingdom of Sweden just dropped to the bottom of my favourite country list.

19. It Is Your Destiny

Jan 1, 2014
    Woo-hoo! Only eight more months. [face_dancing]

National Pizza Month 2018 in the United States of America will begin on Monday, October 1 and ends on Wednesday, October 31.

20. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh yeah. My last one I bought with money from my 11th birthday :p I was a weird kid but it lasted all these years! And it was from Ikea so it didn't cost a lot (but I can certainly tell the difference with this one). But, no, there is no going back. As much as I love homemade quilts (and I sandwich my duvet between two of them), duvets are just so nice.

I was about to say something, but I am the person who once baked an oreo on a pizza on a dare... and it wasn't that bad. So I shouldn't say anything.

21. It Is Your Destiny

Jan 1, 2014
    An Oreo... on a pizza? =P~ Pure genius.

22. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    With or without Nutella?

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That's our traditional method for keeping the mafia away, they will not go near it for some reason.
    And it taste good to.

Chyntuck and Findswoman like this.
  24. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Bananas on pizza?

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Yes, with ananas, ham and curry

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.