main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions EU works you like but everyone else hates

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Feb 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003

Yeah, loved this book, don't talk about it much as so many trashed it! I LOVED it!!

But then, I am totally in love (and yes I know he's not real) with Kyp.....

2. Sanguinius

Sanguinius Jedi Knight

Mar 1, 2017
    Courtship definitely got a bad rap but I didn't find it bad. It was a product of its time. Jedi Prince is a fun read and I don't actually know where it falls in the EU communities favour but I never got a really positive vibe in regards to it when I discussed it with people, I thought it was fun to go through, not the greatest work in the world of course, but not bantha fodder.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  3. The Hound's Tooth

The Hound's Tooth Jedi Padawan

Mar 3, 2017
    The Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy was interesting to me and reading about bounty hunters other than Boba Fett was cool. Not many stories involve Dengar, Bossk, Zuckuss and others which is a shame because I think those guys would be awesome in more books.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  4. DarthKuriboh

DarthKuriboh Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2007
    okay so personally I love the NJO, Legacy of the Force, and Fate of the Jedi. I also love the Republic/Imperial Commando series, even tho Traviss didn't finish it. Wasn't too fond of Dark Nest, but can see where they came from with it.

5. Anakin 99

Anakin 99 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2016
  6. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Darth Vader and the Lost Command. It seems many people don't like the way Vader was portrayed in this comic. I'm guessing these people hated the Prequel's interpretation of Anakin from the start and would prefer Vader stay different from said interpretation. I think the notion that Vader would instantly change after RotS, is simply ridiculous. Anakin would have a slow transition from Jedi to Sith, and even once he donned the black armor, he would have a lot of his former self within; Over the years he would transform into the character we see in the Galactic Civil War.
    To sum this up, I have no problem with Vader in DVATLC. Other than that, I see no reason why anyone would dislike this comic. I would give it: 7/10
    It was kind of weird that Tarkin had a son, though.

7. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    I'd of loved to of seen Leia in a wedding dress in a movie but then I'm a romantic hehehehe :)

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  8. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    I live the William Dietz Dark Forces novels. I know those aren’t particularly hated. But perhaps a bit under-appreciated.

Lord Sith Harloxzz likes this.
  9. MissKitsune08

MissKitsune08 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2018
    Exactly. I cried a litre of tears over Chewbacca's death but it was so artistically done, as Thrawn would have said. The NJO has a special place in my heart (perhaps because I grew up on the books?) but lately I found out that many people seem to hate it. I don't know whether it's always been that way or whether I've simply surrounded myself with people who loved it as much as I have.

10. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I genuinely enjoyed the Corellian Trilogy. I thought that it built up to a dramatic conclusion with Showdown at Centrepoint. I also liked The Courtship of Princess Leia. Mills and Boon have nothing on Mr Wolverton.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  11. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Needed more Sacorria, but in general, I agree. The only Legends books I managed to finish. :)

Also, obviously: anything and everything Ewoks!

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  12. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I actually liked Death Star. I know some people thought it was dull, with Imperials squabbling about being over budget and contractors not meeting deadlines, but since I am familiar with that stuff, I thought it was hilarious!

13. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    the republic commando series

14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Fate of the Jedi series

DarthJaceus and Dagobahsystem like this.
  15. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Probably be the Dark Nest Trilogy for me as well.

DarthJaceus and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  16. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Not sure it is hated, but I really like Splinter Of The Mind's Eye. Only just read it a couple years ago, but I suspect I may like it more than many EU fans based on comments I've read. I could be wrong though.

I also like the Zam Wesell story from Dark Horse Comics. Again, not sure it is hated, but maybe just ignored or unread.

DarthJaceus and BookExogorth like this.
  17. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    This may not a book or comic but am I the only one that found Waru fascinating? As a Sci fi concept anyway?

Ewok Poet, PCCViking and Iron_lord like this.
  18. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Just been through a couple of other threads in this subforum and saw that people disliked Legacy comics. I...adore them to the point where it's silly.

I'm yet to catch up, but knowing myself, I am not going to hate him and that book. The only thing Star Wars I have ever tried and didn't like was the Holiday Special.

19. KnightOfRen66

KnightOfRen66 Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2017
    I really liked vergere in the new jedi order stuff. I didn't like when they retconned into a jedi turned sith in the legacy of the force. but her being a morally grey, jedi from the old republic was so awesome to me.

20. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Oh I wasn't aware it was hated. I loved TG! Painting heist! Kitster!

21. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    That's not an unpopular opinion-a lot of people including me share that opinion.

Vergere was if nothing else controversial.

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  22. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    The Han Solo Trilogy. Not that it's hated, but I'm a lot fonder of it than a lot of people seem to be.

23. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I'm reading those atm! Prep/hype for the movie in May, I guess. Those books are some of the rare Legends I haven't touched before, mainly because I've had zero interest in Han before his character growth in the OT. But the books are quite enjoyable!

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    A lot of people consider Heir to the Jedi to be pretty bad, but I liked it. I thought it was a pretty cool story of Luke slowly learning more about the force and the Jedi as a whole.

25. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    Generally speaking, I like EU!Han a lot more before or during the original trilogy era, than after. They never seemed to be sure what to do with him after Endor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.