main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Solo: The Villains

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Pro Scoundrel , Feb 5, 2018.

1. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I just read that Moloch is played by stuntman Harley Durst.
    I was thinking.... if Moloch is not the name of the bone-mask guy, Moloch, or the Moloch. would also be a good name for the giant tentacled Cthulhu space monster, since octopodes and squids are in the phylum mollusca.

2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Bonehead is not Moloch. Moloch is the name of the guy racing against Han on Corellia. Just type in "75210 – LEGO Star Wars Moloch's Landspeeder" on Google image search.

3. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Maybe they'll go old-school and just call him Bonehead...... like Squidhead, Yakface, Pruneface, Walrusman, Snaggletooth, etc.

4. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Captain Haggis?

5. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    I'm finding myself more and more drawn to the idea that Qi'ra could also be Bonehead. Playing Vos and Beckett off against each other, somehow.

6. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Emilia Clarke is 5 feet 2 inches tall....

La Calavera, wobbits and Krueger like this.
  7. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    A ringer or partner in crime?

8. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    I first thought Moloch could be Vos'es alter ego. But doesn't seems so.

9. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I am 100% in support of this.

Cantina Regular likes this.
  10. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Images of Lego Moloch are still forbidden, right?

[​IMG]

For (my) clarity, when you say Bonehead, do you mean this ^ character? If yes, articles I've read imply Bonehead is Moloch. But...Lego Moloch doesn't look like trailer Moloch, so I'm confused. [face_dunno]

11. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Yes, posting any leaked LEGO images qualifies as an immediate bannable offense. So... don't :p

Mungo Baobab and cwustudent like this.
  12. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    For clarity, as there does appear to be some confusion - Yep, the character you have pointed out is 'Bonehead'. Bonehead and his gang are in the beach village (as pictured) and also involved with the Train Heist. It looks like they are trying to steal the stuff that Beckett's gang have already stolen... I'm pretty sure that you can see one of the gang's air-speeder-bikes in the distance (just to the left of Bonehead as you look at the picture). Four of these air-speeder-bikes are seen in the trailer.

Moloch is the guy driving the other speeder on Corellia, chasing Han. The Lego set features Moloch's Landspeeder, Moloch himself and Rebolt as well as a couple of Corellian hounds.

13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yeah. Moloch does have a similar helmet, granted, but they are dressed and coloured very differently. I think Bonehead is working for the villains, but isn’t the main villain himself. More like a henchman.

14. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    They're Pirates....they have to be Pirates....I need Space Pirates!!!

15. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Ahem...
    [​IMG]

16. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Lando did greet him with "How ya doin, ya old pirate?"

whostheBossk and CrazyOldJedi like this.
  17. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I figured, with those not-Aurebesh writings on his bone mask, that bonehead has a religious angle to him. A fanatical something-or-other.

All part of establishing Han's Space-Atheism.

18. commander cody

commander cody Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 6, 2014
    I wonder who is pulling the strings behind bonehead? I really hope Jabba makes an appearance. If the toy leak setting is any indicator them Jabbas palace will be in Solo

whostheBossk likes this.
  19. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    I'm getting more spaghetti western vibes from the beach village. Seems to me that Bonehead and his Pirates are confronting Beckett, Han and few others. Behind the 'good guys' you can see what look like unarmed villagers in robes with orange, red and black markings. Seems like the good guys are protecting them from Bonehead's Mob.

@commander cody If that display was 'official' then Jabba's Palace would actually look like the real thing not something that has been recreated (poorly) from someone's imagination. The buildings are not accurate and are spaced too far apart.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  20. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    ok im so confused.... who os moloch and you is bonehead?!!

21. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    moloch is a guy with a helmet as pictured in some hmmm toy box set. On corellia. On a speeder. Part of the first act i suppose (han young street punk days)
    "bonehead" is the fan-nickname of the baddie we see in the teaser. the bounty-goes-tribal guy with his men on the sand planet. Must have a bigger role because we see him on at least two planets (sand planet/ mountain planet for the train heist)
    seems like some media mistook moloch for bonehead. they both have a helmet but they're are very very different looking.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    CrazyOldJedi and Jaxxon- like this.
  22. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    thanks.... I'm still confused because "bonehead" has a different costume in the trailer and in the toy leaks (not lego).

23. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    If you are referring to the non-Lego 12"(?) toy sitting on a display shelf in that one leaked pic then it is the same character. On his forearms he has shields that spring out fan like into an arrow shape. You can see these shields when he fights Beckett on the train but on the beach they are retracted,

24. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    yeah I was, nice! I wonder why his costume is white on that toy and black in the trailer?

25. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Which parts of his costume are you referring to? I have done a quick side-by-side and the toy seems a pretty good reproduction. Obviously some things can'r be scaled down perfectly in terms of details and shading but there are no glaring errors as far as I can see.