main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Blue Moon Cantina XIX ~~ The Blue Moon Awakens

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    No snow for us, but they are treating bridges and overpasses today for winter weather this weekend...which means ice if anything. :(

2. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    It's tough with my school. A good portion of my colleagues come from out of state (PA) and crossing the DE river isn't always fun in simply rainy conditions. students come from all over; some are 30-40 minutes away from school (again, on a good day), and in one area there may be rain, but another will have ice. So my superintendent has called for seemingly no reason this year, but with ice - better safe than sorry.

It's really unfortunate that your Monday was so bad and yet there wasn't a delay. I'm glad everyone made it through okay

DarthIshyZ and Runjedirun like this.
  3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yea, our county is large, but Wednesday was just a bad call. We have 11 snow days built into our school calendar here. That's how unprepared they are for snow, they prepared to be unprepared.

Going to be rainy and 60's all weekend.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Lady Belligerent likes this.
  4. CalaelAzasar

CalaelAzasar Host of Quick-Games star 5 VIP - Game Host

Mar 11, 2003
    The snow we were supposed to get last night didn't really amount to much. I checked road conditions when I got up this morning and everything online was say things could be a little slick and snow covered. So I left early planning on having to drive slower than normal, I get out to the highway....road is totally fine, barely even any snow on it.
    The wind we've had today though has been no fun.

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    And it was 35C here today!!! (95F) and I shot a 90 arrow tournament.....came home and had a cold shower, fell asleep on the lounge before waking and drinking 4 large glasses of water!!! Such weather extremes!!!

SWpants likes this.
  6. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    I WANT 11 SNOW DAYS

@Adalia-Durron - yay for below 100F!!

As a side note, Michael A. stackpole tweeted this today:
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/9/16994944/electronic-skin-recyclable-environment-self-heal
    Synthflesh is becomming a thing:D

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  7. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    There's a huge catch, you don't use those days your school year is just longer than all the other districts. So much classroom time is wasted anyway because after the state testing in May teachers feel like they are done and there's a few weeks left of school, but not much learning or teaching gets done. That's how it was last year for sure. My son might have a better teacher this year. I like her better so far, for sure.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  8. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    ?!?!?!?!?! That makes no sense at all.
    I don't think it'd happen here though. In NJ, public schools go for 180 school days. No more; no less.

9. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Mass schools extend the school year if they use too many snow days. Plays havoc with summer camp.

10. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Yea, they tried less built in days and we'd go over and have to add on in the summer. Sometimes we have 3 sometimes we have 15. Just depends on what Mother Nature throws at us. So far this year we have had 3 or 4, I doubt we will use anywhere near 11. The other option is winterizing school buses with snow tires and hiring a bigger better fleet of snow plows. That's too much budget $.

11. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Depending on the school, some will do that here. Others, like mine, take out of spring break.

12. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Snow plows do have self-deploying snow chains. At least they do up here. If you ever see some chains dangling from the rear axle, that's what they are.
    [​IMG]

Adalia-Durron , Runjedirun and Sarge like this.
  13. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Oh cool! I never knew that what those things were-nor that they’re electronically operated.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    The tarmac melted on the Road Friday, left tyre prints behind when I drove over it.......several birds gave up even though I had water out for them sadly :(

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  15. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Rainy and mild here 50ish degrees. Might be some flooding later, nothing serious cause we needed the rain, but our temps are really nice. At least for now :p

16. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Raining and mid 50's here.

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [​IMG]

My brother is 50 on Saturday and he's having a Hawaiian themed party, said "come dressed in your best Hawaiian themed gear" so everyone gets a gawky shirt from the Opportunity shop. Me??? No I make a Pele Volcano goddess costume!!!

Sent from X Wing in Deep space.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s commitment! Hope your brother has a great 50th.

Iron_lord and Adalia-Durron like this.
  19. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    That's awesome! I love having geek friends.

20. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Holy shavit.

Also - beautiful dress!!!!!

21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "I have no response to that."

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    None? Why? Do you wish to wear it @Sarge? You'd look great as Volcano!!!

Thank you everyone, I had an idea, I had fabric and I had time, so why not? Cost me $24 all up to make as I had most of the fabric already! Just a few sketches and a good deal of imagination and it was done in a week!

Sarge likes this.
  23. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Take the flight suit in you av pic and change half-way through the party...just to mess with people. :p

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Its Summer here, the only thing I will be changing into is something cooler! Flight suits are blooming HOT! to wear! Space isn't so there is method in the madness, but my home is hot so if I had the right body I'd be going Slave Leia first! LOL Was talking to a drag queen last Thursday and discussing the competition she was in and one participants costume. It was said 'Dress for the body you have not the body you want" Said it all for me!!

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  25. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    It was in the mid-sixties here today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.