main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    ^ I knew I forgot something; to read that interview. This will be corrected.

This week:

X-Men Gold 21 Brotherhood Part 1.
    X-Men Red 1
    All New Wolverine 28
    Witchblade 3
    Iron Fist 77
    Batman White Knight 5
    Avengers 679
    Daredevil 598
    She-Hulk 162
    Infinity Countdown #1 Adam Warlock. One of my favorite characters finally returns.

[​IMG]

2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Both interviews are worth a read. finally received Tales of Suspense 101. Guess I should read that :p

3. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    So if you love the Leone spaghetti westerns, -especially Lee Van Cleef- the Old Man Hawkeye issue 2 preview that was posted earlier today should be right up your alley.

I recognized the scene the creative team were paying almost direct homage to immediately and squeed with delight. Pretty awesome to see references to the movies which got me into comics (in an indirect way) finally make it into a storyline. Much less this one.

Is it Wednesday yet?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Same for me. And, I must be sincere... it being illustrated by Allred has me squee'ing. Talk about an artist being born to work on a specific character.

VadersLaMent and Master_Lok like this.
  5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    And oh my did he get left in a bad predicament. Possibly thousands of years in a cocoon?

I wasn't terribly impressed with X-Men Red as it literally restarts the trope of X-Person talks to the government to get the trust they'll never get and people still shun mutants despite all the other super beings on the planet and a bad public display by a villain makes it worse.

I didn't think I'd care for Avengers No Surrender but it grew on me and it's a Grandmaster story and there's a previous Grandmaster introduced.

Iron Fist rides a dragon. Cool.

6. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    You're correct, Allred is perfect for Marvel cosmic.

I'm not sure where I stand on Tales of Suspense as it seems like an Infinity War tie-in without calling it one. Story and character-wise it's not bad (definitely padding to fit five issues), but Travel Foreman's art is all over the place (not a fan of his ape-like, exaggerated faces.) I'll stop with this month's 102.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The Marvel character Captain Midlands appear in the Wisdom and Captain Britain and MI13 comics and his shield is supposed to be made of the fictive 'nanominium gloss'. I have looked after information about what 'nanominium gloss' is and what Powers it has but can't find anything. Do anybody know about it and can tell me?

8. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    @Gamiel, outside of the general googling, all I get is:
    • Captain Midlands Shield: A round shield with an anti-magic nanominium gloss bearing the Lion Rampant Symbol. I never read Wisdom or M13 so...
    Well, I have to be on Twitter for now and naturally, I am following Old Man Hawkeye's creative team. I dared to post my fan art of avatar and they liked it.

[face_dancing] :eek: So that eradicated my super grump for a bit.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Gamiel likes this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Same here. I should have mentioned that I have read about the anti-magic part but don't understand how it works.

10. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Captain Midlands ?

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

12. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Deflects, absorbs or redirects magic?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That's what I want to know, if it deflects, absorbs or redirects magic, or just cancel it right out.

14. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Just read the last year and a half or so of Invincible Iron Man. #1-11, and 593-596, so I'm all caught up! Absolutley enjoying it so far. I love comics, but rarely have the time to catch up with them, so I dedicated the last day to doing so. Honestly, I really like RiRi. I know that might be contentious, but whatever. I can't wait to see Tony back too, and see where this arc goes.

BigAl6ft6 and VadersLaMent like this.
  15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I would say that's a ticking clock for how long Old Man Logan will be around but OLM always seemed something finite, especially since the original brand is returning.

Was listening to Fatman on Batman podcast and Grant Morrison was on and, I hadn't heard this before, but he's doing Arkham Asylum 2 at some point, probably way in the future, but it's on the docket. Didn't say much aside from having it in the future with Daimen and Bruce. I think he said, gleefully, that he's totally okay if it destroys the legacy of the original.

Speaking of old sequels, it's been over for awhile but Dark Knight III: The Master Race was pretty decent and in the end old Batman is back to being young Batman again so it's kind of a full circle for the DK era Batman. the story has always really been about Old Bruce trying to outrun time and death and he finally did it. Although the sequels are pretty unnecessary, DKIII is a okay ending. Although Miller was already saying he has a DKIV in mind...

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Well, original Wolverine has one of the Infinity stones. Perhaps OML, I don't know, maybe they will become combined.

18. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Guardians of the Galaxy 146-150. Absolutely digging it! Just a fun time. Really curious to get into the Infinity Countdown event. Gotta dig into some other series now. Not sure which I'll pick yet.

19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I’ll take Old Man Hawkeye over the rest those older incarnations.:cool:

That said, of those Wolvie mini series the Madripoor arc could be fun.

20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Old Man Hawkeye 2 was great, very interesting to see where he ends up this issue. I wonder if the writer will use that in conjunction with Hawkeye's upbringing and origin?

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Okey dokey:

Wonder Woman 40
    Batman 40
    Action Comics 997
    Port Of Earth 4
    Marvel 2 in 1 #3
    Avengers 680
    Old Man Hawkeye 2

It was the last new comic day for the store I use before they close. I think Old Man Logan was out this week and it was sold out along with Cap and Dr Strange.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Gak, good luck finding a new place!

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Oh I have a new place. I used to go to it. The one closing was along the way while at work. So now I have to get comics on my own time!

Sith_Sensei__Prime and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Ok, so I got the ones I missed at the new place.

Batman 39
    Doctor Strange 385
    X-men Blue 21
    Old Man Logan
    Captain America 698
    Deadman 4

And since I have to get them later in the day now I have signed up for pulls for the first time. 20 titles are on that list, but i left out a few that I could do without if I missed one.

25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    And I cannot fill up a 10 title pull list (even 5.) :p