main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Plot Holes In The ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by zackm, Dec 18, 2017.

1. KembaSkywalker

KembaSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 16, 2016
    Why can't the breaker be in the same room as the tracker?

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  2. Vicarious Fan

Vicarious Fan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2013
    looked like a Flux capacitor to me

3. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Yes, the tracker hardware was behind that door, but the control panel where the tracker is controlled was on the bridge.

The breaker can be in the same room as the tracker, nothing in the movie contradicts this theory, in fact, it reinforces this theory since they refer to the room both as breaker room and as tracker room.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That is where my head is at on this. I made the "circuit breaker"/electrical panel" comparison with the mindset that I have multiple options for killing power to my refrigerator. I can walk directly up to it, in its place of prominence and high traffic in the center of my home and turn it off, or I can perform the voodoo of cutting off all power to it from an inconspicuous location literally on the other side of my house from where it is physically located.

Satipo likes this.
  5. Vicarious Fan

Vicarious Fan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2013
    I was an electrician in the Navy on a sub. We had multiple shut offs for electrical equipment. We had a off switch on the item, a circuit breaker for the equipment, and one for the port or starboard electrical bus. They weren't all in the same location either.

Ricardo Funes and Satipo like this.
  6. Darth Vain

Darth Vain Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2016
    From the O.P: '...a discussion about any plot points that are contradictory or problematic in some way'

-LordSkywalker- likes this.
  7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The OP clearly meant objectively problematic.

Ricardo Funes and zackm like this.
  8. Darth Vain

Darth Vain Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2016
    'I've seen the movie twice and nothing stands out, but I'd love to hear from other people.'

You will not be told, will you. If anything is objectively problematic, then it's just problematic - no need for discussion. Now, hush!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  9. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    an easy way to get ignored is telling somebody to hush in the middle of a discussion. There are other threads for listing your problems with the film. If it is an objective problem, odds are that it is a plot hole, or just something really, really ridiculous that nobody wants anything of. If it is a subjective problem, not everyone agrees with you that it's a bad thing and unless proven it is not impossible.
    Going back to where this unnecessary argument stemmed from, to say that Poe did not learn about the First Order's ships between when the Falcon left and when the Star Destroyers arrived is a fallacy. The Versio gang sent this information to the Resistance around the same time SKB was destroyed. And guess who analyzed it? Poe.

10. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    As the OP, I can confirm that I meant objectively problematic. The discussion happens by presenting perceived contradictions and then getting input from others to determine whether anything in the movie resolves the contradiction.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The OP is quite clear that this thread is for presenting individuals' concerns or questions regarding potentially problematic plot resolutions.

Not bringing up problems you have no interest in having resolved. :p

12. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I apologize if I put any words in anyone else's mouth. It's a silly argument though, since there are other places to list our misgivings with the film. As of yet I don't think we've identified any impossibilities (by Star Wars standards) or contradictions in the film. Who knows, maybe they'll let something slip in other media which will constitute a plot hole in Ep VIII.

13. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Snoke had the transports shown in his glass. However, nobody informed him of the presence of the transports. He could not realize it by himself, because we have seen that he usually got information by asking Hux, as any other would do. I think that when Rey and Kylo entered the throne room the trasports plan was not discovered yet.

MrElculver2424 likes this.
  14. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    Leia wakes up from a coma and immediately shoots Poe. Why? How could she have known everything that was going on while she was knocked out?

15. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I think that she met Holdo, who told her everything.

16. MrElculver2424

May 11, 2014
    It appears she shoots Poe as soon as she wakes up and walks out of her room. This is possible, but the movie does not convey that.

3sm1r likes this.
  17. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Ok, but here we just discuss those things that do not have plausible explanations. If the explanation is not given but can be speculated, we extensively discuss it in the complaint thread ;)

MrElculver2424 likes this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Correct. Or even in the Leia or "Crait Mission" threads.

This is more for listening to attempts at ironing over things such as Finn starting TFA not able to pilot a ship (This is a plot point... it's how he even ends up with Rey and the Resistance) and ends TLJ still requiring people to tell him how to operate the basic, archaic ship on Crait but... IN BETWEEN... he is breezily piloting the ship during the Canto Bight mission.

That sorta thing.

19. MrElculver2424

May 11, 2014
    Why does Finn have no lasting injuries from the lightsaber slice to the spine? He goes into a coma for a few hours and then wakes up good as new, no damage done at all. How did this happen?

20. City Councilman Binks

City Councilman Binks Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2014
    Also happened a few hours later:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, Bacta technology.

That is the only explanation for being hit in the face with a hairy paw and hung upside down somehow being comparable to having your spinal column cleaved by the same laser sword that cut off limbs with minimal momentum behind it and killed countless people after less contact than was made to Finn's back.

Besides... in general... the lightsabers are clearly set to "stun" settings in this trilogy. Kylo Ren took it to the face and somehow came out more attractive.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  22. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    We never see the extent of Finn's injury. And the movie shows him recovering with a bacta suit on. Not sure where the issue is.

Snoke was certainly stunned.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  23. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Even if there was great damage, it has been establish that in SW universe medicine is particularly powerful. Leia also recovered in few hours from her coma. The same is true for Luke in ESB. Anakin was burnt alive but he was saved and afterwards he ended up to be more powerful than ever.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    So was I. Considering that was the same lightsaber which had been swung with momentum at Kylo Ren's limbs and face, resulting in him having the body of a Greek God. That lightsaber is biased. The good looking get better looking and the ugly just get cut in half.

3sm1r likes this.
  25. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    Are you suggesting that's a plot hole? I'm not sure where you're going with this.