main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT [DDC 2018]”Raising the enemy”, Orson Krennic, 12 diary entries

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I never cease to be fascinated by how you write baddies like Krennic and Darth Sheev in such a way as to allow the reader to feel sorry for them while still thoroughly disliking them.

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    It's a true gift. Azure-shaped [face_love] =D= She also can write compelling female characters that have oomph and forthrightness. @};-

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    DarthUncle and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  4. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha was busy beta-editing, @DarthUncle, @earlybird-obi-wan & @Kahara.

Entry 5, Scarif, two days after 1st Empire’s Day:

Instead of sleeping in my military quarters, I took a motor boat and travelled North. Straight to the Emperor’s beach house. He wants to have it erased by the end of the month. A pity if you ask me. Even though the place is so dreadfully empty without Ina, it still whispers her name. I can clearly see that he had built it for her. His taste is usually much more sophisticated.

Around Ina, the Emperor always acted like a totally different person. More carefree and humorous, even homely. If I would not know any better, I would say that he does not care much for her death. He hides his pain well.

Well, it cannot do any harm, when I stay here and look for items that belonged to Ina. She had spent a lot of holidays here as a teenage girl. I will enter her room later on, but not before I have managed to pluck some tropical flowers and find a vase for them.

There should be a vase. It is essential. On her Lothal kitchen table there always had been some field flowers. By now I know that she did not gather them herself. Lor gave them to her, each time he visited her secretly. Dang, I was not supposed to write that down. But who would care to read my diary anyway? The woman who claims to be my mother perhaps. Oh and Tarkin, who always pokes his long, ugly nose into other people’s business.

Perhaps some music will help to ban my loneliness. I was able to bring Barin’s guitar with me, hidden in a special container for architectural measurement tools. Music itself is no crime… yet. But if I am honest with myself it might be any time soon.

There is growing resistance against the state everywhere in this galaxy. Especially among artists of any kind. Ahetnigac, a foster sister of Ina, got arrested after a daring dance performance. Crixy Pixy contacted me about it secretly. The poor lad gets devastated too easily. I asked Drav to help him out and I hate contacting this snot.

Recently, I had a hacker attack into my office computer and I can swear it was frecking Draven. It is his speciality. I am so glad that I do my social networking in person and not via the HoloNet. Why did he go virtual? Why could he not just stick to the normal kind of battle field? He used to be a child soldier before the Anil family took him in.

Well, this diary at least is safe from his prying eyes. It is written with a nostalgic ink pen and is decrypted. Without knowing it, Ina taught me Sith hieroglyphs a long time ago. I altered them a bit and invented my own language. For private scribblings I always use those symbols. It takes me awfully long to write my thoughts down this way, but it remains very satisfying.

I actually know more about the Sith than Ina thought I did. She had this box underneath her bed in her old room on the Anil farm. I would look in there each time nobody was around.

From my point of view the Sith were great architects during their golden age. The weapons and fortresses they had built back then are a true inspiration. It helped me build my ambition. But my battle station will be less mystical and more substantial.

I hate to use Kyber crystals though. They are simply unstable and unreliable. Almost like Galen. Yet they can be so powerful. It is frustrating, really.

Anyway, I will go to the beach now and take the guitar with me. It is only a question of time that the Emperor will find out that I am hanging around on his private island. But maybe that way I will meet him again.

Kahara and DarthUncle like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice musings on Nagina and Palps' reaction or lack of one. And music is a great form of therapy as is growing flowers.

6. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    *arrives late to the party and sticks to wall, hopefully unnoticed* [face_whistling] [face_shhh]

@AzureAngel2, it is to my shame that I have not engaged your fics earlier. [face_blush] I have only read the first entry, but I found your Orson to be a scoundrel. I guess what I mean by that is that the tone and words you give him, make him compelling, almost likable, but absolutely dubious, to say the least. I know little about what he was referring to, but it didn't matter because your prose had me captivated. I can't wait to catch up with our nefarious administrator. :deathstar: Well done. =D=

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Orson sure has his points about Sheev and Nagina

8. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Beach house must hold too many memories that would turn Sheev back to the light, no wonder he wants the place gaslit. It's a nice hide-a-way, though.

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Thanks for always reading and commenting so cleverly & encouraging! @};- The week ended dreadfully for me & my husband does his best to cheer me up.

@brodiew: It always makes me happy to see a new face & get such a nice response to a text of mine. Thanks for liking my way I write Orson (Krennic).

@earlybird-obi-wan: He may be emotionally handicapped but he is bright.

@Nehru_Amidala: The beach house got some extra chapters in the main story. But yes, not only Orson but Sheev has many memories of Nagina that are attached to Scarif.

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    New update for I will be busy off-line in the weekend, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha.

Right now I am ill at home as @DarthUncle had to notice in various ways:

Entry 6, Scarif, three days after 1st Empire’s Day:

I woke up at the beach, hugging the guitar like a woman. That has not happened to me in a very long time.

The sun rise was more breathtaking than an explosion. Oh, how much I love explosions. The whirl of colours. So much power and might at display. Just the smell is horrendous.

I used to build remote-controlled mini-bombs and fed them to squalls back on Chandrilla. They are a nuisance to farmers anyway. The fences won’t keep them back from the harvest. To be honest, there is no such thing as a squall-proofed fence. So I had to find another solutions for the common good of our farming community. Thus the charges. Architects have to be imaginative.

Due to the constant setbacks on 'Project Celestrial', I decided to do some home-office from here at night and mix with the building crew here on Scarif at day time. From now on there will be a strict diet of kava kava and fish for me. My energy level needs to be immense. I want the foundations of the tower to be placed correctly. This complex is a memento for Ina.

I wish I could sneak into the construction site of my battle station this way, but all members of the Tarkin Initiative get monitored strongly these days. It is quite unnerving at times. There are always shadows around me, prying eyes.

My stay here on Scarif is a bit of freedom. The salty ocean air, the softness of the sand under my feet. Boring meetings on conference rooms with sweaty men seem like bad dreams on this island.

Last night I found a small metal box with sketches that Ina did as a teenage girl. I never knew that she had a creative vein. What worries me though is that all her art revolves around the Sith.

The first art piece that I held in my hand was a Zabrak. He had red skin, bad teeth and was covered in tattoos all over. What disturbed me the most was that Ina had painted hearts all around him. Did she seriously have a crush on him?

Another sketch showed someone named Darth Revan. A third one revealed a disgusting creature by the name of Darth Sion. That bloke looked like a decaying corpse, rebellious about his own death.

Why did Ina plunge into so much darkness? Just to understand her uncle? Or did she feverishly search for a remedy against evil?

There are so many open questions left since her death. But I will solve them one by one if I need to. For now, I will just build her a magnificent tower. It is going to be filled with secret files and many projects of the think tank that I am part of.

I just wonder about the medical chamber on top of the tower. The secret order lists hint at a clone tank and not at a bacta tank. Its origin is Tipoca City, Kamino. Why would the Emperor lie to me about it?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Kahara and DarthUncle like this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, a lovely setting and a lot of puzzling questions particularly about Nagina's taste in art :eek:

12. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Because the emperor wants immortality, Krennic- that's why! Liked the insights into Orson's psyche and musings, lovely chapter as always. :)

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha & @Nehru_Amidala, after surviving the incident with the fish and/ or the sauce going-with-it, I break all rules and answer straight away.

Thanks for the lovely feedback and thoughts on this update! Be prepared for more next weekend! For this week I am done, because a lot of construction places need my unshared attention at present.

14. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Well, these insights from Krennic's mind are quite intriguing, and he definitely is right to wonder about Nagina's upbringing, it is a miracle she turned out to be/decided so clearly to be a good person, rather than a twisted, tormented being.

Orson is a bit of a psychopath himself, with his adoration for Sith weapons and explosions, but at least he knows it, and he doesn't seem to be an out and out completely corrupt guy. Just corrupt enough to work within the empire. I like those scathing remarks, and his anti-relationship with Nagina's brothers, especially in contrast to the reluctant respect they find afterwards (I think?) in the 'you want it darker' story.

I would make some sense for the emperor to use the data-backup facility of his empire also as a way to 'backup' himself; but I wonder.

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @DarthUncle: I let you wonder than... or I will release a certain fanfic that I wrote while you did the household cores and I was popped up in my pillows. NOT too sick to write. O:)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Due to @DarthUncle, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha & @Kahara this one will go on.

Perhaps @earlybird-obi-wan, @Nehru_Amidala, @brodiew and @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 might be interested, too.

Happy Easter by the way!

[​IMG]

Entry 7, Scarif, nine months after 1st Empire’s Day:

The tower is almost finished. Bewdy! If my battle station would come alive that quickly, I could blast all my critics and enemies straight into oblivion. Including Delila Craven. Why? I frecking tell you why.

Each time I came back to my Coruscant apartment the past months, I would find letters under my door mat. Real letters, not simple flimsi notes. They are written on yellowish paper. Full of spelling errors, of course. Forget about grammar and punctuation, too! Stone the nerfs!

Somehow, that junkie has managed to get her sorry arse here to Coruscant. I really don’t want to know how. Who in the right frame of mind would want to give a derro like her a ride in his ship anyway? A sky pilot? Some Jedi knight, who escaped the Great Purge?

Missy Craven still wants alimony payment for her baby daughter. Beg yours? How thick is she? It is scientifically impossible that I can have a one-year-old baby with a woman that I last slept with twenty years ago. Time travelling is not possible for me.

What bothers me even more is that the person putting those letters under my door mat is not Delila. It is the wacker who brought me into this universe in the first place: old missus Krennic. If my death troppers get her, I want her to be locked up. Preferably on Wobani or Kessel. For her failure as mother and setting another loony lose on me.

How can that woman believe that I willingly sired a child? Especially after a childhood unwillingly spent among Force fanatics with an interest in organic farming. That traumatised me forever more. Ley lines, crystal healing, mindfulness meditation, circle dancing, urophagia. Oh, do not start me on the latter! How can it be healthy in any way to consume my own urine?

Without Ina I would have withered like an old apple tree. I owe that fantastic woman everything. She had to die because I had to follow false orders.

Well, in her honour I should look at that child at least. If its existence is threatened in any way, I should get it into the foster care system. Better to grow up among strangers than to stay with your own blood that does not care for you at all.

Orson, we “eat clean” and avoid “processed foods” around here!

Orson, mantra chanting is an important part of daily life!

Orson, stop being so negative! It leads to the dark side of the Force.

Orson, this is a social group activity! Please join us!

Orson, just learn to see with your heart and not your eyes! They can mislead you.

I will find the hiding hole of Delila and rescue the baby girl. Even if it takes me straight into the heart of Coruscant’s underworld. See, drug abuse is worse than believing in the Force. It is definitely endangering the best interest of a child.

Talking about baby girls, the Emperor seems to have one, too. In that clone tank. It would be foolish to hope that he… no, it can’t be. He never would act so desperately. It also could never be the real thing. Ina is dead. It would be only a poor copy of her, soulless and without her witty spark. He must try to clone somebody else. A new Asajj Ventress perhaps. That woman had some kickarse attitude!

Translation from the Chandrilan rural dialect into Basic:
    Bewdy – Excellent.
    Stone the nerfs! – Expression of disgust.
    Sheila – female
    Derro – Homeless person with addiction problems.
    a sky pilot – a priest
    Beg yours? – Pardon me?
    Wacker – Crazy person.
    Banged up – In prison.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Kahara and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Hm? I posted this just now and the boards say yesterday? More April Fool Jokes?

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb post and great resolve. He won't regret finding and rescuing the youngling. :) :D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: I hope that I will be able to continue this diary by the end of this month. At present I am just in extreme pain despite the strict diet & strong medicine for my heavy gastritis. It all started Good Friday...

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @DarthUncle, @Kahara, @earlybird-obi-wan, @Cowgirl Jedi 1701, @Nehru_Amidala

Entry 7, Scarif, nine months after 1st Empire’s Day:

Tonight I went down to the Uscru Entertainment District. It has been a while since I have been there. A dreadful and foul place if you ask me.

Delia lives there with her baby daughter. Even I can see that this is no place to raise a baby. There is no mercy at the lower levels of Coruscant. No light. A constant chemical rain comes down, bad for body and soul.

I at least had sunshine in my childhood. Due to my parents’ believes I also had a healthy upbringing. No fertilizers, no bug repellents.

If Delia’s child is to grow up in Level 2685 I fear she won’t even survive infancy.

I just made an anonymous call at the Child Protective Services, telling them about my misgivings. They couldn’t be bothered to do something. I wanted a proper explanation but the employee was just airy fairy. To add insult to injury she hung up on me.

Instead of having social pedagogues and street workers in their ranks they should fill up offices with loyal soldiers of the Empire. That would shorten long queues and the time forms are filled in. I am sure of it. Weapons speak such a clear language.

No, there is nothing I can do for the girl. Nagina would be upset with me. I am sure of it.

I better return to the construction side on Scarif. There I can be useful at least.

Oh I almost forgot, there is a newcomer in town. A blue skinned alien with red eyes. His name is Thrawn. He thinks the sun itself shines out of his behind. Plus considers himself to be some kind of genius. Let’s put this to the test, shall we?

Why the Emperor has to gather a freak show around him is a mystery to me. First this Vader puppet and now a bloke from the Unknown Regions. Ina’s death must have hit him harder than I thought.

I wish Sheev Palpatine would talk to me instead of shunning me out all the time. There is no need for me to hide my face behind a mask or to play the galaxy’s new hope when it comes to military ideas. I am a prodigy. There is no need to pretend.

Translation from the Chandrilan rural dialect into Basic:
    Add insult to injury - To make things worse than they are already.
    Airy fairy - Vague.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    Kahara likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Fascinatingly unique description of Thrawn. [face_mischief] Ahem... Thrawn is all that and a bag of chips though. [face_love]

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Thrawn is a great guy, alive after Sheev is dead and up to something interesting

23. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Lovely update as always, and Thrawn shows up! :)

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
  25. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I shall read this soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzureAngel2 likes this.