main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Sabine

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Feb 16, 2014.

1. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017
    I know she used them some in the first episode of Season 4 (for example, to block the shot from the walker), but I can't remember much use of them past that. It seems to me there was once where she used the darts as well, but I can't remember which episode that is from.

2. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016

Eh, we don't see ANYONE use their vambraces besides Sabine with exception of Bo using her wristblade to crack open a Tie cockpit.

In-universe I just write it off as they're mostly designed for dueling-type situations and noone beside Sabine and Saxon were in a "duel" type scenario with anyone. Everything else is just pitched battles really.

Though the real reason is obviously because the special effects of all the little gadgets are probably fairly costly/time-consuming to render.

J7Luke likes this.
  3. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    She uses darts to disable Saxon's jetpack in her duel against him, but not again after that.

J7Luke likes this.
  4. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Ever since Ezra:ezra: joined them, Sabine:sabine: has always been & acted like an OLDER SIS FIGURE[:D] towards him & that's how it may stay in the end of this last season!

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    How much older is she than Ezra?

6. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    2 years.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Ah ok. Not that much older. I never really thought of her acting as an older sister to him. They could've passed off as being the same age; especially in the most recent episodes where Ezra has been helping her train with the saber.

8. Brandon G

Apr 20, 2015
    Actually I think she IS like 2 years older than him & you haven't been listening & looking & closer at how Sabine acts towards Ezra since season 1, she's been seeing & having Ezra in her friendzone as an AWKWARD younger brother to her & that's how she's been treating her as! They are all like a FAMILY ya know!

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Uh yes I have been listening and looking at how Sabine acts towards Ezra since Season 1; and to me they are more like close friends than they are siblings.

J7Luke likes this.
  10. Brandon G

Apr 20, 2015
    The series was made so the ghost crew would be like an actual FAMILY though & the way I always seen it Sabine has been acting like an older sister figure towards Ezra. Just as Kanan:kanan: is like his father figure, Hera:hera: like his mother figure, Zeb:zeb: is like his older brother figure & Chopper:chopper: is like the dog!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well I wouldn't argue that Hera and Kanan always considered themselves as the parental figures of the "kids".

Doompup and J7Luke like this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    They're all actually relatively close in age; Hera's only 8 years older than Sabine, and Kanan's only 4 years older than Hera, with only 14 years between him and Ezra. They're certainly an unconventional family.

J7Luke, cwustudent and MandoArtist like this.
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I think it's easier to think of Kanan and Hera as "parents" because they're a couple. And she constantly refers to Ezra, Sabine, and to a lesser extent Zeb as the "kids".

14. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    It's more down to their relationship with each other rather than age. Sabine is now 20 but I still see her as among "the kids". Zeb is like in his 60s, I think, but I still don't consider him a parental figure.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    J7Luke likes this.
  15. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    It took a while to get to the meat of her character, but when it came, it came hard. With the show now over, I overall am very satisfied with how Sabine's story was concluded here, and the likelihood of seeing her again.

The last painting she did with all The Spectres together was beautiful. Her biggest masterpiece by far.
    [​IMG]

And...I love her last look.
    [​IMG]

Hope to see you again, Sabine Wren.

16. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I love that she's in what's left of the Senate building (utilized in Vision of Hope), and that her painting stands where the New Freedom mural did before.

MandoArtist likes this.
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I assume moving forward, we won't be seeing an adult Sabine painting First Order vehicles the way she used to do to the Empire in the first couple of seasons as a teenager.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Lol, Zeb is so tall.

19. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Do we have a compilation of all of Sabine's hairstyles?

20. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    It is the look of a mature warrior. Yes it is animation...but her eyes convey the hardships of her life.

MandoArtist likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    How old is she by then assuming it takes place shortly after Jakku? 26 right?

22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I love the idea of Sabine going on adventures with Ahsoka. It's ironic because we started out the series with Sabine wanting to know more about Fulcrum... who was Ahsoka.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  23. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    [​IMG]

24. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Here's an analysis on the conflict of Sabine's character. While I don't think the whole "Mary Sue" thing for Sabine is relevant anymore, I still felt like sharing. It's a lengthy read.

Definition of a Mary Sue- A perfect, idealised fictional character that has no significant flaws or struggles.

And now onto Sabine:
    -*Arrogance*. Sabine is quite good at a lot of stuff, from weapons to athletics. And she knows this. It's given her a bit of an ego. We saw in her training with Kanan and Ezra how she was unwilling to learn due to how confident she was in herself, and it took a bit of a butt-kicking in order to get her to open up and be humble. As a cadet, The Empire manipulated this trait in order to have her create deadly weapons by presenting the tasks as challenges for her to overcome. Due to her competitive nature, she clearly put her all into it which would come to bite her behind when her people suffered from her work. Sabine herself describes this when Bo-Katan demanded to know why she developed said weapons:
    "I was young. It was a challenge, and I was arrogant."

-*Naivety*. Sabine was once a loyal servant to The Empire. She clearly had a strong opinion of them and believed they'd benefit Mandalore in some form. The weapons Sabine developed, she didn't believe that The Empire would actually use them. This mistake costed the lives of those she considered friends and family, and would destroy her reputation with her people, as well as her clan's.
    "I didn't know The Empire would use the weapon I designed against our people!"

-*Facing The Past*. It took a lot for Sabine to go back to Mandalore and face the consequences of what she did, as well as take on the burden of The Darksaber. She feared all this specifically because the past would definitely come back to haunt her and she knew what she'd be met with. Sabine had been filled with doubt when she had to train with The Darksaber and needed the support of others in order to see it through to the end. Her return home was dangerous for both herself and her family. But still, Sabine was willing to own up for what she did, and worked towards putting things right for her people, and repairing her reputation as a Mandalorian. This was the greatest struggle of her character.
    "How can I lead my people? How can I go back and face them!?"

-*Morals*. We've seen in the past that, unlike the rest of the crew, Sabine didn't have much issue with the concept of killing or revenge. In Season 2 it was stressed by Kanan that "how they chose to fight" was of great importance. Ezra tackled with Kanan's morals here, but Sabine took them further. After Hera was nearly killed by Fenn Rau and The Protectors, Sabine (understandably) wanted to kill all of them in return. She was, for a period, willing to jeopardise the Rebel fleet for her own agenda to kill Rau. In Season 1 she casually fired point blank into a stormtrooper's face and executed them, the clear intention of killing, despite it being said in that season that The Spectres aren't interested in violence. Of course, over time Kanan did manage to turn her around, and growing to reject the Mandalorian way was apart of her character development, which we saw especially when she refused to kill Gar Saxon. She also tackled with it when she was conflicted whether or not to deploy The Duchess against The Empire, to stoop to their level. Accepting the Rebellions's approach to conflict is something she had earned over time.
    "Ugh. You know, this Jedi philosophy stuff doesn't work for everyone."
    "Fine. But not just the ships. Rau has to pay for what he did to Hera."

-*Buckethead syndrome.* Like all those with a helmet, Sabine banged her head on something. Ouch.

These have given actual consequence and challenge to her character. Her naivety and arrogance led to her whole ordeal with The Duchess, resulting in her becoming alienated from her own people, her own family. Being abandoned by those she had close relationships with had broken her ability to trust people from that point, which we saw explored mostly in Season 1+2. Her fear of facing what happened on Mandalore and taking responsibility for her actions was an obstacle for her to overcome, and she was forced to take on this obstacle when The Darksaber found itself in her hands. Her morals was another obstacle, for it put her at odds with allies and could've potentially been very dangerous if she didn't resist her Mandalorian traditions. She was once so eager to kill Rau for hurting her family, but would eventually go on to spare Saxon despite knowing all that he did and being in such a position to end him. With the help of her friends and family, Sabine was able to own up to the mistakes she made, that which she never would've been able to or wanted to face without them. She grew as a person by accepting a new philosophy and sticking with it no matter how hard she was tempted to break it, as well as taking on great responsibilities that she initially rejected.

Her story is that of a proud individual who had good intentions, but their mistakes led to them being shunned and alienated from the culture which they admired. It took time, support and commitment for that person to face their mistakes and set things right. From this, they have been taught many lessons, and have thus grown as a person.

That is the character of Sabine Wren.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I never liked the stigma of a "Mary Sue" character no matter who it was addressed to; not least of which Ahsoka, of which it was used probably far more than most in the SW universe.

MandoArtist likes this.