main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Essential Atlas and Galactic Cartography: Official Discussion

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CeiranHarmony, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Anybody got the Romulan War map? I was told there was one in there.

2. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    There is. My phone takes terrible pictures, otherwise I'd snap one and send it to you.

This is all I could find online

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RVpfEr4A4...arfleet+Reference+Library+Romulan+War+map.JPG

Essentially, it's done in portrait style, highlighting Earth, it's allies and Romulan worlds. There are three maps for the battles of Cheron, Sol and Starbase One, based on the description from Federation: The First 150 Years. The maps show fleet movements. The Rihannsu novels get referenced as one of the Romulan ships is called Ch'Rihan. The picture is from one of the battle maps.

The Dominion War map shows Cardassian Space, the Federation core worlds and the borders of Klingon, Romulan, Breen and Ferengi space showing major battles, Domion and Allied victories and raids. It also has three maps highlighting Operation Return (Third Battle of Deep Space Nine), the Second Battle of Chin'toka, and the Battle of Cardassia.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Well, dammit man, give us something next to talk about! [face_laugh]:p

Actually, I do have a question for you. To the best of your knowledge, has Mirrin Prime been given a placement yet?

--Adm. Nick

Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Nope, though I've tracked new canon star systems and proposed placements for most of them. Hoping to do a big Atlas update but rollout is TBD.

5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I...know nothing about Star Trek apart from there being a bald French character that my friend is obsessed with. I'll stick to Star Wars! XD

Послато са SM-J510FN уз помоћ Тапатока

6. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    But the important thing is: who do we write to to get a Star Wars version of this?
    Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Coulda put it in the TLJ novel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRedBlade and PCCViking like this.
  8. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    From the upcoming mobile game Rise to Power
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    That map may be hard work

blackmyron and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  10. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    @bsmith7174 I take it you've been selected to become a beta player? I wish I was!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
  12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    It's a game map, so I'm not too worried. The good folks at LFL have done a great job preserving the map that Jason & Dan created.

Having said that, I see Nadiri is listed... the world that built the Starhawks for the New Republic... [face_thinking]

--Adm. Nick

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I saw Bastion...

PCCViking and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    In New Canon that's an ancient name given to it during the Sith War for its rule then, now a-days it's mostly abandoned, nothing but small trade towns, overgrown ruins of ancient fortresses and some tourist resorts.

And before anybody ask, I just made that up. But with what happened with that human space navy planet (Anexia or something), my suggestion is just as possible as it having a similar role to Legend Bastion

15. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Love the Legends' Bastion! Love Legacy! Love Antares Draco and Cade Skywalker. And Darth Maladi! ]-}

Purpilia likes this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Bastion was a code name - Canon can do what it wants with Bastion as it simply moves world.

PCCViking likes this.
  17. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Have you noticed that the screenshot says "Bothan" instead of "Bothawui"?

TheRedBlade likes this.
  18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I did actually. Curious - but I am sure it is the Bothan system, that Bothawui is in...?

Otherwise, if it is a rename, if they do intend to do something Neimoidian to the Bothans, perhaps a separate homeworld will help.

19. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if it turns out the reason the planet "Bothawui" we saw in TCW is an apparent gas giant is because that system's actually been settled by the species from the planet Bothan?

20. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I'm still wondering why all the opacity arround the Bothans in New Canon. They did "appear" in Bloodline, but all it taught us is that they growl.

TheRedBlade likes this.
  21. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    I asked Dan Wallace about the Bothans in the Rebel Files thread, and this is what he said:

TheRedBlade and Gamiel like this.
  22. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    "the kind of plot point we might pick up at some point in the future"
    Yeah, for sure, but couldn't you say that about pretty much anything?
    What if nobody "picks it up" in the next 15 years?

23. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Then many Bothans will have died for nothing.

Daneira and PCCViking like this.
  24. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    So, question about the maps of the Imperial Remnant in the Essential Guide to Warfare-- they depict the borders of the New Republic (well: The New Republic Controlled Space) as not really extending for the most part past the edge of the Mid-Rim. What's going on here, exactly? The map notes that the Borderlands region has "scattered Imperial systems", which I assume refers to systems and sectors that elected not to join the Remnant proper (like Getelles's Antemeridian and Shargael's I-sector) but are there supposed to be New Republic systems and regions scattered in there as well, as implied by the fact that Elom is located in that region? And what about the rest of the Outer Rim? Is it supposed to be all polities that just haven't joined the New Republic properly yet at this point, or what? Would Mon Cal space be inside red borders were it included in the map?

Here's the map in question, for reference:
    [​IMG]

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It probably acknowledges that the NR only had 16,000 members in the BFC. The uptake for membership was low the second time around, but the controlled space was what it was. Similarly, the CTD states that the Empire controlled a quarter of the galaxy in this era, including the Deep Core.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018