main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Vehicles/Tech in the Han Solo Movie

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by DaddlerTheDalek, Mar 28, 2017.

1. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    There are also OT-era-Falcon-looking YT-1300's parked on Naboo in both AOTC and in TCW -- the latter basically a recreation of a matte painting in the former.

So basically the SOLO Falcon is either sporting a detachable cargo nose thingie as per the MSW report or... it's a late model that Han later retrograded into an earlier one, yeah. Which is possible. Weird but possible.

2. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Before Han and Chewie became utter slobs and didn't tidy the Falcon...
    [​IMG]

3. Justus_Cade

Justus_Cade Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 31, 2002
    Looks like the Falcon was stripped of parts at one time, either that or Han and Chewie never replaced paneling after doing mods/repairs.

4. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Lots of hommage to 2001 and Silent Running production design

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like that. :)

5. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    The other ship from the trailer. I'm calling it a freight loader.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  6. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    It's an Imperial Flying Crane, that's an open walkway underneath it, hinged loading clamps below and there are winches fore and aft of the outriggers. In the top picture you can see the train cargo unit being dropped with the Pirates speeder's attached to it by cables....unluckily for them. Given the size of the explosion it's obviously not Spice in that cargo unit.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  7. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    What if... All the preview pics we are seeing are just of a regular YT-1300, and Han doesn't win the Millennium Falcon until the end of the movie?

8. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Really? You considered that as an actual possibility?

9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    they said in the donald glover interview that besides the falcon being new, lando keeps everything clean and sharp because that's who he his. han isn't fastidious at all and cares more about the speed and power and not the aesthetics. i love that dichotomy and that we get to see this new version of the falcon.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    DaddlerTheDalek, dekaneas and Krueger like this.
  10. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    They have confirmed it is the Falcon multiple different places.

11. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    Ok.

12. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Also, it gives weight to Lando's "What have you done to my ship?"

Lando is a bit of a spiv, and so it is appropriate that his ship would reflect his flashy personality. Plus, the whole concept of Han winning the ship from him is certainly better when it is a vessel of some value, rather than the "heap o'junk" it ultimately ended up as. I think that showing the Falcon in all its glory is a smart move.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  13. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Taking a look at the Solo version of the Falcon, I'm gonna guess Lando has it configured as a yacht. The forward section may be a fancy living quarters module. Imma guess that forward section is removable.

14. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Would be funny if that's his walk-in wardrobe and Han jettisons it.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Lando's Falcon was a TARDIS, and Han did some wibbley wobbley timey wimey things to...not make it a TARDIS?

16. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Lando is described as an up-and-coming smuggler, like Han, so it might be a disguise to avoid the authorities where Han goes the opposite way and makes the Falcon look like a piece of junk. Whatever it looks like on the outside I think the Falcon's purpose is still a smuggling ship.

17. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    It is interesting how similar the train is to the YT-1300 freight pusher "train" concept drawing.
    [​IMG]

18. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Where?

19. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
  20. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    So. Qi'Ra is pronounced "Keera". Nice.

21. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Thanks! And it is apparently the TCW episode "Blue Shadow Virus" which revisits Naboo and features a flyover digital matte painting essentially recreating the first of these shots.

22. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Hmmm, there are subtle streaks of blue on the "Falcon" in the second photo, even if it's hard to see if her pliers-beak is separated or joined... Could the ship have been named the Stellar Envoy at the time? Before she was "acquired" by Han Solo and modified into what we know as the Millennium Falcon?

And as for the first picture, those are likely to be Corellian freighters of unknown identity, and not the Millennium Falcon herself...

Correct me if I'm wrong though! :p

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  23. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    I still prefer to believe that the Falcon siblings we saw in the PT would have hauled / pushed cargo like that (and with a rotating cockpit module, of course):

[​IMG]

That "our" Millennium Falcon as depicted in Solo is a design variation, i.e. a much faster freighter with (inevitably) less payload capability is a concept I can very well live with.

Corellian freighter Millennium Falcon variation:

[​IMG]

Standard Corellian freighter variation:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  24. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Yes it was blue, this is the cg model that was used.
    [​IMG]

I like your theory about this in ROTS being the Stellar Envoy in 19BBY, A ship of 40 years. It would nicely explain why the Falcon looks so new in SOLO. In Legends the Envoy was wrecked in a crash, and then totally rebuilt as the Second Chance. In canon this could have happened just recently before we see her in SOLO. In Legends the Second Chance was then stolen by Quip Cargill in 10BBY and renamed as the Millennium Falcon. So in canon could the Second Chance be stolen and renamed by Tobias Beckett, then lost to Lando?

Back in Legends, In 9 BBY Cargill was meant to use the Falcon to blow up an Imperial shipyard with a huge Nuclear Bomb, but he ditched it. So at the same time in canon, could the Falcon be carrying a hidden bomb in her cargo forks during SOLO? We see a big explosion in the trailer.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Millennium Falcon 888 likes this.
  25. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Apology for double post. I just want to post this gif here.
    [​IMG]