main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Hayden Christensen (Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader) in IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BalanceOfTheForce, Feb 13, 2018.

?

Will Anakin appear in IX?

1. Yes

248 vote(s)
    66.3%
  2. No

126 vote(s)
    33.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I think he will appear because according to George Star Wars is the story of Darth Vader

2. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I think the chances of him appearing are extreamly slim.

I'm not bashing, but I think the current direction is to eliminate much of what was the basis of the PT & OT, so I think the Skywalkers and anyone associated with that family will be eliminated before the end of this movie. I honestly think Disney only wants the name Star Wars, and not the story.

Master of None likes this.
  3. Nadroj ilain

Nadroj ilain Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 8, 2018
    I don't think he will appear. It breaks my heart because I really really think they're playing with fire and missing a HUGE part of their story.
    Up until TFA Anakin/Darth Vader appeared in EVERY movie and was a driving force for many of the plot points we enjoy the most. The SKYWALKER SAGA began because of Anakin's choices.
    Kylo Ren is Anakin's grandson and is making the same mistake he made. I don't think Anakin would have just stood idly by even as a force ghost.

4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    "You broke her heart"
    Anakin's ghost appears to Kylo momentarily at Leia's funeral.

5. sheri1967

sheri1967 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2006
    I really want to see him in ix especially if this could be the last Skywalker movie.

6. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I agree. This is a huge missed opportunity to continue tying the films together if it truly is the end of the saga but I'm not holding out hope any more for this to happen. I'd love to see Hayden but I think TPTB will not look back to the pt again since Luke mentioned Sidious et al in his speech to Rey.

7. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Storywise he should appear in IX since it's so much about his legacy (but he should have already in TLJ instead of or in conjunction with Yoda) but on the other hand considering how Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, R2, 3PO and Yoda were done arguably the best thing for the character would be to not appear so as to have no chance to undermine his last act in ROTJ.

With Luke now in the Force the obvious scene between Anakin and Luke has passed though they could still do something between them. Why Yoda would appear to him at that dire time instead of his own father is a question. I mean what else was he doing?

That said with Leia gone and apparently not going to be recast or otherwise brought back then having him commune with Ren in some way would make a lot of sense. I mean who else can talk to him now? Like he's going to listen to Luke or Rey? There really is no one else for Ren to talk to at this point.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  8. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Nope...

9. Dagobah_Dude

Dagobah_Dude Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Since JJ hates the Prequels, I highly doubt it. Any chance we had to see Anakin died with TLJ. Ignore or disassemble the saga, add more uninteresting fluff that no one cares about, and full speed ahead.

10. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I still think some kind of Force vision is possible for Kylo to have, something like a nightmare of the direction he's heading, the mistakes he's made, and a vision that sort of mirrors Rey's vision from TFA...

In this vision we could get brief glimpses of younger Han and Leia and even Anakin's spirit seen or speaking to Kylo, much like we heard Obi-wan and Yoda in Rey's vision.

I'm talking 5-10 seconds of screen time, a blink and you miss it cameo, but I think it's possible!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  11. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I wish but I doubt it now.

If we get any PT references it'll probably just be some passing "Hey, didn't your grandfather fight in the Clone Wars?"-type stuff.

12. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    If he wasn't going to appear to Luke in TLJ, I doubt he'll show up for anyone in IX, even Kylo.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  13. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
  14. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    It is heartbreaking to me - but I agree with the NO voters.
    I cannot believe we are to think Anakin never reappears to Luke and lays it on thick. And if he does - Obi-Wan and Yoda surely would be there too.
    We know Vader showed something to Kylo - but are left COMPLETELY IN THE DARK [pun unintentionally intended] as to how this could happen.
    I do believe it is possible that he shows up in a critical moment as nothing more than a vision - but I just don't think it will happen unless JJ decides that RJ and LFL went too far afield and would like to tie things up a little more neatly so pitched a means of tightening it back up a bit.

15. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I can't see it happening, I wouldn't discount Hayden appearing in any Obi-Wan film.

The lack of Anakin like Obi-Wan, Lando and Wedge will be seen my some as a massive opportunity missed. To build a story on them isn't in dispute but not having them make a brief appearance, less substantial but still hugely pivotal in the context of the plot seems like bad mistake to me.

BalanceOfTheForce and wobbits like this.
  16. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I am afraid to hope for this.

cathiecat likes this.
  17. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Give me this.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  18. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I saw a meme right after TFA that had Kylo saying" I will finish what you..." then Anakin interrupts him and says "What you will do is apologize to my daughter!" ^:)^[face_laugh]

19. MadBoomBoom

MadBoomBoom Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    Qui-Gon never appeared as a force ghost to Anakin during his troubles so I doubt Anakin would reveal himself to Kylo. They never even met.

20. BalanceOfTheForce

Dec 18, 2016
    It's unprofessional to let you're bias affect something

21. BalanceOfTheForce

Dec 18, 2016
    Wedge's actor was asked to come back in TFA but sadly he denied the opportunity

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  22. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I’d love to see your signature quote come true. The Chosen One taking names. :cool:

wobbits likes this.
  23. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I voted yes simply cos it's what I'm hoping for. That said, I'm thinking it's unlikely. If he didn't appear in TLJ, I'm not sure how it would work in IX, unless it's to Kylo Ren, like others have mentioned here-as a way of trying to bring him back to the light. Originally I imagine Leia could've done that, but since that's sadly no longer possible I think that is the one way to be able to see Anakin one last time. IMO it would be perfect-not just from a continuity standpoint, but from a narrative standpoint as well: Kylo has spent so much of his time trying to emulate Darth Vader-who better to stop him than the one who was Vader HIMSELF? Perfect! It also brings the saga full circle in a great way: Things tend to end where they began. Anakin started this, it seems incredible fitting that he would be instrumental in ending it.

A slim chance, I know-but here's hoping!

24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Yup......sadly, but we don't know in what context he was going to involved. I was told the character Major Ematt fills what Wedge would've done in TFA, if that is correct then why would Denis Lawson return for one line and a week or so of standing in the background? Nobody at that time knew Ematt would get a bigger role for TLJ, I think they might've got Lawson had they said the role would be important if not large.

25. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I was hoping to hear Hayden’s voice in TLJ. I was disappointed we didn’t get that, but got over it fairly quickly.

wobbits likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.