main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by MrMojoRisin, Mar 10, 2017.

1. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    I’ve sent way to much. December alone I got three crates of the largest crystals, probably going to stop doing that now as I keep getting Ewoks. Currently I’m working on a getting a team of Jedi to 7 stars and all gear 8 for grand master Yoda event, unfortunately Anakin is a pain to farm.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    J7Luke likes this.
  2. Abalore

Abalore Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 19, 2001
    Guys, I recently started, am level 22, and am so confused about a great many things.

Why include low-power characters when you can just run with the ones that already start with a high power? Spending a lot of resources on the low-power characters seems like it still wouldn't bring them up to match the high-power characters, so is it worth decking them out?

Should I concentrate on just making a good general squad or should I try to build a faction-based squad?

With Poe, Holdo, Rose, and the Resistance Pilot I have a lot of Resistance characters. They any good?

Are there certain characters that I should really be chasing, or is it fine to let them come as they may?

When playing (and not worrying about completing activities) should I be concentrating more on LS/DS battles, cantina battles, or etc...?

When on the character screen, what is the meaning of the green ring around some of the characters, some of the time?

That's enough for now. I'm really loving it so far and I'm surprised at its complexity (seemingly, at least).

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    J7Luke likes this.
  3. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017
    If you're talking about the actual power number every character has, that is not a good measurement of how good a character is. Some characters with much lower power can out-perform way higher power characters depending on their abilities. So, if a lower power character has really good abilities, it is worth the investment.

General squads are fine for things like arena, TB, TW, Raid, etc. However, faction squads are good for special events (ex. you need Rebels to unlock Palpatine, Jedi to unlock Yoda, etc.). Faction squads also tend to fare better in arena at the lower levels. Two faction squads you should be focusing on are Scoundrels and Phoenix. Scoundrels are used for the credit heist event, and let me tell you now that there is a major credit crunch. Phoenix is a solid team, easy to farm, counts as Rebels, gets you two Jedi, and can be used for getting Yoda and Thrawn.

Resistance is great! However, the really important characters are actually Finn, Poe, and Resistance Trooper. They are great for GW, Raids, TB, TW, and the speed mods challenges.

Definitely have a list of characters you want and chase them. Characters like Wiggs, Thrawn, CLS, General Kenobi, Raid Han, Chaze, R2-D2, etc. are well worth the crazy grind. Other characters (like Coruscant Underworld Police) are completely and utterly useless.

You separate energy for both, so work on both. Mods are very important, so they need to be a priority as well.

It is a visual representation of their gear tier. Different colors indicate different gear levels.

I ran out of time typing this, but welcome to the game. I will try to answer more later.

4. Abalore

Abalore Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 19, 2001
    I appreciate the answers! That really helps. Thank you!

J7Luke likes this.
  5. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I started playing this game on my new phone last month and now I'm addicted to it and play every day. Does anyone know of an active guild I can join? I've tried being in 2 now and I seemed to be the only one doing anything.

J7Luke likes this.
  6. J7Luke

Jan 30, 2017
    Welcome to the game! I have been playing for well over a year, and I am still addicted. If you are looking for a guild, I recommend posting in this thread: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.sta...ead-rules-in-first-post-before-posting#latest. Be sure to include information about yourself and what kind of guild you are looking for. You will get plenty of offers from active guilds.

7. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    How are people doing with the new Sith Raid?

J7Luke likes this.
  8. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    My guild finally finished Tier 3 yesterday but it's taken us a few weeks. Sion wasn't bad but the other phases were what gave us trouble I think.

J7Luke likes this.
  9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Darth Nihilius in that raid is ridiculous.

J7Luke likes this.
  10. J7Luke

Jan 30, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Just thought I would share this with you guys. Ever since Wampa was released, it was my favorite character. 7*-ing and GXII-ing him was perhaps my biggest milestone ever!

EDIT: Here is my full roster https://swgoh.gg/u/j7luke/.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  11. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    Not enjoying it really, hoping there will be some changes at some point.

J7Luke likes this.
  12. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    How do you get him?

J7Luke likes this.
  13. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I swear I looked for a thread on this game but couldn't find one...huh. Anyways I've been playing for a while now myself.....finally got Commander Luke Skywalker yesterday!

Darth_Furio and J7Luke like this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    2 stages complete. Hope to get 3rd one done before the end of the week

cubman987 and J7Luke like this.
  15. J7Luke

Jan 30, 2017
    I had been saving up my guild event tokens since the very first TB. When they released Wampa, I immediately knew I wanted him, and I was able to spend all those saved up tokens right away. Since then, I have been buying more shards whenever I could afford to.

16. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    I'm only at Level 61 so I don't have access to Guild Events yet. I'll keep that in mind when I can though.

I'm in an annoying situation at the moment because I need to be Level 63 for the next lot of Light Side battles but my Dark Side team keeps being destroyed by Jawas in 5-K.

J7Luke likes this.
  17. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    We're in Tier 6 so far. Takes a few days to finish it off. It's tough without Jedi Training Rey though. Even with the nerf she's still the best option. Troopers are pretty good too.

@J7Luke I used those credits for gear for the longest time now I'm just a few shards away from unlocking Hermit Yoda. Seven starring him is going to take forever.

@cubman987 Congrats! CLS is awesome, not as awesome as JT Rey but good enough. :p

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    J7Luke, cubman987 and PimpBacca like this.
  18. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm a long ways away from getting Jedi Rey, still working on my FO team so I can seven star my BB-8 next time.

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Phase 3 of CLS is nuts. Luke and STHan against 2 rounds of 5-6 enemies. Luke is still 5* and STHan is 7*. Gear 9 and 8 respectively. Mods are pretty good but shrug. Level 85 as well. Working on abilities

20. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    J7Luke likes this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Trying to get Luke to 6* but we will see

22. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    Has anyone got a guild I can join?could do with one that will help me get General Kenobi.

J7Luke likes this.
  23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Got Phase 3 of CLS complete. Not going to get any further at this time.
    Back to gearing, starring and leveling Phoenix, Resistance and Jawas.

J7Luke and Darth_Furio like this.
  24. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    Literally just waiting For the Thrawn event to return and getting myself to 85 so I can farm shoretrooper also currently farming unmasked kylo ren.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    J7Luke likes this.
  25. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Imperial troopers are really good and you only need Veers' Zeta. I know Starck is tricky to get but Magma Trooper is a decent replacement until you can get him. The rest are farmable.

J7Luke likes this.