main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis

sits wondering why @Kyber Acyk is hesitating so long

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  2. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Sorry Rebecca, I will try not to do it again. And I had a habit of creating characters who were nearly unbeatable, due to watching the OT and PT too many times. I think it might be time I revamp Kyber's character profile; I have not touched it in a long time, so I think it is time that I give it a major update.

IC: Kyber Acyk :bluesaber:

The physical kick and Force Push connected with the young padawan's midsection and it sent him flat on his back. Kyber took a mental note to harmonise his Force powers with lightsaber combat in the future. He got back on his feet and brushed himself off, getting back into an offensive posture. Kyber held his lightsaber horizontally behind his back and quickly spun around, aiming at Liuna's legs, hoping to get her off balance.

~

I am sorry for not replying sooner Master - your padawan was rudely interrupted by DRL >_<

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    OOC Adalia Tehanis

DRL Always takes precedence. Do not apologise. ;)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  4. Kyber Acyk

Nov 30, 2017
    This time DRL decided to give me my 14 month old nephew to look after for a week - but your padawan survived unscathed Master ;)

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis

has a feeling, frowns.. Turns her head slightly

I. Officially close this duel and send you both back to the temple, Liuna, you are needed, go now. @Kyber Acyk come with me please.

leaves

Sent from X Wing in Deep space.[/b][/i][/b]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  6. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Liuna Iotasi

Liuna bows and addresses her opponent. "I apologize, but I am needed elsewhere. From what I've seen, you have a bright future with the Order." She nods to them both and leaves the training room.

OOC: New job, so much DRL! It was fun while it lasted @Kyber Acyk, good luck going forward.

7. Kyber Acyk

Nov 30, 2017
    IC Kyber Acyk

"Understood, Master," *I follow you from the training room*

8. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Dark Lady Bellorum

The Dark Lady arrived with a black protocol droid that carried a small basket. Bellorum chose her seat to watch the Peon @GenOochy fight a Jedi.

“Put my lunch down there and prepare my tea, VPO.”

Tag: @dragonsith13

9. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    V-3PO
    The Pit - Upper Boxes

VPO strode down the hallway carrying a tray of grapes, naan bread, exotic cheeses, and slices of slow smoked rancor meat. His other arm and hand holding a tray, with several goblets of various liquids for the Dark Lady's liking. An aged Corellian Death Ale. A Falleen Red Vino. And a pitcher of refreshing distilled water from the glaciers of Hoth itself. And a spiced lavender tea from the forests of Ziost.

Her voices came through his com-link piercing his audio receptors, his joints seized for a brief moment as he struggles to balance the two trays after being startled. Finally regaining their balance and preventing and spilling or dropping of the drinks and food. VPO's head twisted from side to side, irritated. How easy it would be to just lace everything. Be done with her!

VPO sat the trays down in her booth, and stood awaiting to smack her... SERVE her.

@Lady Belligerent

10. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    IC: The Sith Peon formerly known as Darth N'Farious

"Ah, what a place to begin reclaiming my title. The ground smells of blood and sweat of a hundred battles; the scars on the walls show a thousand blows." He shrugs his white and silver cape off his shoulders, catching it before it touches the ground, and hangs it neatly on a spike on the wall.

"And where is my challenger?" He ask to no one in particular. "Who dares choose to enter this arena with me?"

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC Vanora Cinali

Place Rancor Pit Dueling Arena

Vanora had taken note of the posted challenge on the Guardians' internal network and decided to take up the challenge offered.
    The Togrutan gazed around at the circular arena. How daunting it was. It even looked fearsome with the intimidating trophies of past combat prominently displayed.
    She had a training saber at her left hip. Its blade was a vibrant amethyst.

She approached the awaiting Sith with careful and alert senses at the ready.
    She knew he would be a devious and agile opponent.

She glanced quickly at the stands to see if any Guardians were observing. If they were, she would derive great support from their presence.

TAG for: @GenOochy

@Ananta Chetan

@ConservativeJedi321

@Adalia-Durron

And any others who wish to observe. [face_batting] @};-

12. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003
    IC: The Sith Peon (formerly known as Darth N'farious)

Confidently out of the shadow of the edge of the area he strode out towards the Jedi Togrutan. His eyes were barely hidden behind a pair of small, wire-framed mirrored glasses. He had a closed lipped smile on his face, sinister in appearance behind his sharply trimmed goatee which came to a point beneath his chin.

"Welcome, welcome, apprentice Jedi!" He said almost gleefuly, his smile now baring pearly white teeth which appeared unnaturally sharp for a human. He splayed his arms, palms up in front of him, as if welcoming an embrace. "I do hope you aren't too frightened. Tell me, did your Master make you come here tonight, or did you come of your own volition?"

He stressed the words 'too' and 'Master' with a sickly, sarcastic tone. He tilted his head down and to the right, peering over his glasses, arms still splayed wide, as he began a slow step from her left to right, as to begin a slow circling of the young apprentice.

Tag: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC Vanora in The Pit

The Sith adversary strode confidently into the arena and broached:

"Welcome, welcome, apprentice Jedi! He continued with a mockingly inviting gesture. "I do hope you aren't too frightened. Tell me, did your Master make you come here tonight, or did you come of your own volition?"

Vanora snorted derisively at the snide insinuation. "I do know how to follow directions, but I am not like a protocol droid that only bollows orders and cannot show initiative. And I hope to strike a balance between Darthish overconfidence and shrinking back in abject terror." She smirked.

She did not tell her adversary, but her long-time heroines of the Force were Ahsoka Tano & Mara Jade. Formidable and resourceful lady warriors.

TAG: @GenOochy

14. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep

The Ongree enters from the balcony above, watching his apprentice dutifully as he takes his seat. "I do hope I haven't missed anything." he mumbles.
    It had been many moons since he had entered the pit, he was just an initiate then, as he recalled. Many of the undead was he forced to fell.
    How things have changed.

"Is there any popcorn? This should be an interesting fight."

Tag: Anybody.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  15. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003

"Oh, such wit."
    He said, still making his slow circle. "Overconfidence can be folly; but let us see what you are made of." He came to a stop and spread his arms wider to his sides, fingers spaced and palms towards her in almost a gesture of surrender.

"Since it unlikely to happen as it is, and I'd hate to deny you the experience, I'm going to give you the first first blow. Just so you can feel the exuberance of striking down on your enemy. No blocks; no tricks. It's just a training saber, right? Please, take your shot." He said and stood, arms extended at his side, and a smile on his lips.

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC Vanora Cinali
    In The Pit

Vanora activated her blade and in a single swift motion arced the amethyst blade upward towards her opponent's unguarded left side, aiming towards his shoulder/upper arm.

She watched him warily, seeing how he would parry her advance.

@GenOochy

Tython Awakening and Sarge like this.
  17. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003

'She actually did it!' He thought as he winced back in pain as the electric blade bashed his arm. It felt like he had been struck with wooden bat and a stun blaster at the same time. He let out an angry cry, turning in place and rubbing his arm walking back from the Togruta. His gritting curses turn to a deep laugh as he shook his arm out to work out the numbness and turned back to face her.

"Good! Good! That's the spirit! Feels good, doesn't it? To feel power, to inflict pain, to take something from someone," he cooed as he flexed his left hand as the feeling came back. "Remember that feeling; embrace it...you will need it."

"Now," he said, reaching up to remove his spectacles, folding them carefully and placing them in the upper breast pocket of his jacket. He undid the front clasp of his silver trimmed, white jacket and shrugged it off his shoulders. With the Force he guided it back to the wall to catch on a spike coming from the wall with his gaze still locked on the Jedi before him. Reaching down with his right hand, he drew his lightsabre from his belt, it's curved hilt a golden hue with onyx accents inlaid. He brought the hilt up to eye level, his thumb resting on the ignition. "My turn."

The blade leaped to life, a sanguinary expression of light. He flourished the blade around to sweep to his right side in a salute. He stalked forward assertively, blade still to his right side, closing the distance. He raised his left fist and then flicked his hand open. Simultaneously, the dust on the ground between them burst up in a cloud towards the Jedi as to obscure her vision of him. In the same moment, he moved to close the remaining distance, sweeping his blade up and back down for a strike towards her right shoulder.

18. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC Ananta Chetan
    Jedi-Sith Pit Rumble

Meandering through the aisles of the dilapidated venue, I take a seat between my fellow Master and the Dark Lady who apparently has brought along a droid to do her bidding. Removing a bag of freshly popped corn from within the breast pocket of my robes, I graciously offer some to each of my viewing companions.

TAG @ConservativeJedi321 @Lady Belligerent @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @GenOochy

OOC: Ironic twist that the padawan and peon have both roughly been on the Boards for the same number of years as they start down their respective paths. ;)

19. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep

"Oh thank you." Semajj declares as he grabs a handful of popcorn munching it.

OOC: I honestly had the same thought earlier today when I looked at their Profiles. I take this to mean they're committed enough that neither will disappear half way through the fight? We can hope at least! :p
    RL is a tricky bugger.

@Ananta Chetan, @Lady Belligerent

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sarge

*sits with Ananta and Semajj, opening up his own bag of snacks*

"Mynock jerky, anybody? It's fresh."

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis

Stands in doorway with arms folded as usual, watches silently.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC Vanora Cinali
    In The Pit

Vanora watched as her opponent removed his spectacles and silver trimmed, white jacket and shrugged it off, to be tossed carelessly onto a wall spike.
    He ignited his saber and moved assertively forward.
    At the same time, the dust on the ground between them burst up in a cloud towards Vanora in an attempt to obscure her vision of him.
    He moved to close the remaining distance, sweeping his blade up and back down for a strike towards her right shoulder.

Vanora instantly divided her focus, deflecting the swipe further to the side away from her shoulder, while concentrating on the dust swirls and pushing them away towards the stands in an eddy. Then she arced her own luminous blade towards the waist.

She spared an appreciative glance towards the stands during the momentary pause and took note of the watchful Guardians.

@GenOochy

@ConservativeJedi321

@Adalia-Durron

@Ananta Chetan

@Sarge

@Lady Belligerent

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  23. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003

With his first blow deflected down and to his left, and his momentum still carrying him forward, he did a spin-step, to her left, for a full turn. Though this turned his back towards her, while withdrawing the blade away from her for a fraction of a second, this also brought his next strike from her left from behind, opposite of the current path of her blade; and though this move opened him wide to attack if she readjusted her swing, for a moment, she would have to move quickly to re-position herself if she wanted to block the strike from behind. She could not continue her strike against him without also catching arc of his blade across her back.

OOC: @Ananta Chetan : I was once very active on here, but went dormant about ten years ago, save a couple short returns. I intend to be back for the long haul, this time.

Edits: For clarity and grammatical mistakes.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora
    In the Dueling Pit

Vanora stepped agilely to the side, bringing her saber up to block with the tip angled upwards behind her then with a deft spin she brought it back around to aim at her adversary's right thigh.

@GenOochy

25. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003

He stepped back quickly from her slash, interjecting his blade into the path of hers, allowing her blade to guide his upwards, before he stop them both in a high lock. He stood a good half meter outside of her blades reach with his body bladed towards hers in a classic fencing stance. He fixed his footing, to give himself the best leverage for his next assault He still maintained only one hand on the hilt, his left hand out behind him. The two columns of light dancing with a ruddy flare.

"Well, this looks as if it will be a spirited joust after all," he said with his signature cavalier tone."Tell me, Jedi, have you engaged against a Makashi practitioner before?"

Without giving her a chance to respond, he pushed back against her blade, came off the lock for a moment and with the slightest flick of the wrist brought his blade under hers and relocked the blades on the other side. Using any momentum she had from pressing back against his blade before he disengaged, he shoved her blade down to her left, hard, and with a quick side step inwards, drove his blade towards the Togruta's now unguarded chest.