main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #7-12: The Dying Light/ Legacy's End (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Oct 27, 2017.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The only reason I bring it up is that the precedent set is a new thread per arc, not new thread per trade.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    We actually did keep the shorter arcs into a "trades worth" thread for Poe Dameron with Black Squadron & Lockdown. As long as there's room in the thread title for both, I don't think we need to split it.

But if Rule of 5 is going to be a full-length arc, I can split off the posts from this thread into its own thread.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    TiniTinyTony likes this.
  3. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I pictured her being around 20 in this issue. Saying she is around 16 would make her Ezra's age and she definitely isn't that young.

4. Axel08

Axel08 Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2018
    So i've read the darth vader dark lord of the sith comics. and i decided to make fandub version for everyone to see. i love this comic a lot it's been fun dubbing it. i've already ready the most recent one but i haven't dubbed it just yet. if you guys wanna see it here is a link to the most recent one:

5. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Star Wars new net seems to think the new issue has a bothan in It.

6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    it looked like one from Legends. If it was, Lucasfilm is already holding true to their promise of canonizing a bunch of legends stuff in the near future.

PimpBacca likes this.
  7. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    You can see it in a preview posted a few pages back:
    [​IMG]
    The species is not named in canon so far, but at the very least this issue confirms the presence of non-humans that look exactly like Legends bothans.

PimpBacca likes this.
  8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Like literally there are only two places where ulta-clarifying a probability by its unconfirmed status rather than its probabilityhood is the norm:

1) Star Wars fandom (It may look, smell, sound, and taste like a bothan, but until Leland Chee engraves this fact in blood on Twitter, it's not and we'll be quick to correct anyone who dares say it's a probability)

2) Peer-review science (You ran experiment X over 2 million times and got Y result every time, but until you run the experiment forever we won't believe X always gets Y and we'll be quick to correct you should you dare call it a probability)

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    You're right it's probably a Cathar.

10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Sounds good! Until then can you update this thread's title:
    Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #7-12: The Dying Light/ Legacy's End (5/6 Released)

The2ndQuest likes this.
  11. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I enjoy tests when they're suitably epic, like getting a lightsaber from a Jedi. That felt mystical, drenched in lore. Befitting a new Sith Lord. Dealing with Cylo, who is his "creator", was also great because of the psychological angle. Is Vader a machine or indeed a man?

But killing some assassin dude or even a bunch of assassins or some Jedi - yawn. And unfortunately, many "tests" in the old legends EU or canon were of that nature. It's silly that Palpatine would think Vader can't handle simply tasks like that. He's a friggin Sith Lord, not an errand boy.

So I hope the future of Vader comics includes more interesting storylines than that.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  12. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016
    You'd think since Vader just faced off and defeated a master Jedi warrior like In'falla WITHOUT a freaking Lightsaber that Palps would have no need to test Vader with a couple mook bounty hunters. It's like asking your star basketball player to go beat a team of highschool kids to "test" him. I agree the psychological tests that push Vader to his limits are at least more interesting. Overall, I hope this trope isn't repeated for awhile, it has gotten redundant and repetitive.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  13. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Things, the whole "Testing Vader" shtick may be new to canon, but it's been done to death before. The newer fans may not have seen it, but we the people of Lit have grown tired of it.

La Calavera likes this.
  14. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I agree. However, I´m still waiting to see what happens in the next issue before judging the whole arc, because I don´t really get why it would be called "the Rule of Five" if the whole arc can be summoned in "just another test from Palpatine to Vader". I imagine there can still be more to it, and I´m very interested in finding out about it...

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    True, but the Sith are also very hierarchal so it's:

"Lord Vader, you are now Dark Lord of the Sith and my apprentice. You don't like your new title? You wish to do something about it? No? Then know your place, apprentice."

I can well see Sidious emphasising his superiority with an edge of: Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!

Vialco likes this.
  16. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Don't include me in that "we the people of Lit" business. I could care less how often "Palpatine tests Vader" plots showed up in the EU. Conflict between the two of them always produces interesting stuff to explore, and even if this as straightforward as it looks (and it probably isn't), I'll happily accept it in exchange for some of that delicious Vader / Palpatine material Soule writes so well.

17. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Darth Vader #16 solicit.
    [​IMG]
    DARTH VADER #16
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A)
    Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI & ELIA BONETTI
    Galactic Icon Variant Cover by ROD REIS
    Vader and his Inquisitors lead an elite squad of clone troopers to flush out the Jedi traitor beneath the waters of Mon Cala…and the oceans will burn with their fury.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  18. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    This series just keeps on impressing me. A far cry better than the previous Vader series.

19. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Eerie. Looks like there is a new inquisitor too, one who has divided his heli-saber in two.
    Interesting.

kalzeth and Ithorians like this.
  20. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    are we going to get Canon Dark Troopers? They're probably normal scuba storm troopers, but since they tossed in "elite clonetroopers" my mind is wandering.
    Also, heavy nazi imagery there. A bunch of troopers on the march, clothed in black wielding the MG-34 (DLT-19)

Ithorians likes this.
  21. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    Maybe they're the first version of Death Troopers? Would be awesome! I wonder who the clone commander is supposed to be. An OC or an already known one?

They kinda look like the troops of the sith empire from SWTOR. I have a feeling this will be ****ing awesome! I hope this series will get more than 25 issues!

kalzeth and Vialco like this.
  22. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I had just seen that cover, and it´s very intriguing! the new Inquisitor looks very interesting, and the troopers are great as well! could they be some kind of protodark/death troopers? Even a special unit assigned to Vader and the Inquisitorius, considering the very special nature of their missions... then again, maybe not, but this series keeps showing such potential!

kalzeth likes this.
  23. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    This series is giving me the Vader I've always wanted to see in the in-between 3 and 4 era, the dangerous man who earns a reputation for being fearsome, cruel and tactical. It's like the best of Vader from the EU all in an ongoing series. This is the knockout home-run of the new canon IMO.

kalzeth and Grievousdude like this.
  24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Might just be artistic license, but Vader's got his classic saber on that cover. :redsaber:

25. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    well he is in need of a new one.