main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Lando: Double or Nothing (5/5 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Feb 16, 2018.

1. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    http://ew.com/movies/solo-star-wars-book-connections/lando-double-or-nothing-rodney-barnes

Lando: Double or Nothing, Rodney Barnes

This Marvel Comics miniseries is written by Rodney Barnes (a veteran scribe from TV’s The Boondocks) and will play out over five issues. “It’s focused on Lando set during an incident right before the film, with backstory about Lando and L3,” Siglain says. The series debuts the Wednesday after the movie opens, since its story is so closely tied in. “Coming out of the film, we think everyone is going to want ot read more about Lando.”

[​IMG]

Kylun, MrDarth0, revan772 and 12 others like this.
  2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
  3. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I suppose this is technically our first mini series sequel just gloss over fact that it has different team behind and it's set about ten years before the last Lando mini :p

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Seeing how well the last Lando comic went. This should be a great read.

5. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Oh yeah, more Lando :cool:

6. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    If Soule wasn't writing two series already I wonder if he would have authored this one since he was the one that did the previous Lando.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  7. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Definitely one I’ll be getting once it’s out in a collection

8. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    If this will be in the same style of the first Lando series, will be great.

9. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    I love the cover!

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Need more info, writer alone isn't really sufficient and it has some major competition from the first mini.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It begins, they're using the likeness of the actors from Solo: A Star Wars Story. I... can deal with that, just take a moment.

but, yay, Lando mini! I'm assuming this takes the place of what's out after the Thrawn mini. Or actually they'll probably run concurrently at the end there. So come May we'll have Star Wars, Lando, Thrawn, Darth Vader, Aphra, Poe Dameron. And probably the 1st issue of the Last Jedi adaptation too, holly heck!

12. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    There have been a few other periods of times when they have released eight or nine Star Wars issues a month. And when they don't have all that many things going on at one time they will often release two issues a month for a particular series. This month we are getting two issues of Vader.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  13. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    On the one hand, I'm interested in new Lando stuff, so yay. Its too bad its not Soule, since the first Lando series was quite good, but I'm interested. Though that depends on the movie, but young Lando looks to be one of the best things about it so far.

Its nice to have a comic tie-in released close to the movie rather than six months later.

14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I'm so fascinated by the upcoming challenge of deciding when Lando and Han become Billy Dee and Harrison and when it's early enough for them to be Donald and Alden.

15. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    But don't you see, they'll always be Donald and Alden now. The Force Awakens will be Special Edition'd using super-advanced extra-ageing CGI to make Alden all craggy-faced so he can be slapped over Harrison in every shot.

I guess it depends when Solo finishes in the timeline... and who knows, maybe they're even gonna do some CGI trickery to actually match Alden up a little more if there are sequences closer to the original timeframe in the later parts of the film.

16. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    It's going to be even funnier after the pair start doing post-RotJ spin offs.

Vthuil, Valin__Kenobi and Kylun like this.
  17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    IDK, that cover almost looks like they took Don Glover's face and added just a hint of Billy Dee's face. Same with some of the Han images I've seen today- mostly Alden with hints of Ford.

In other news, I'm definitely glad they're using the same font stylization as the Soule series.

18. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Kinda like how Anakin is really Matt Lanter now.

19. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    This looks really promising. Lando seems to be a character with a lot of untapped story potential and they can do a lot with him without fear of upsetting things too much like with the big 3.

20. Landb

Landb Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 7, 2017
    I always want to read more about Lando.

Found it pretty funny in the last Lando comic when he casually let slip that he once had a thing going with an Imperial Royal Guard (Keira Kanos?!?). Between that and the Moff the dude's been going through prestigious Imperials like a wildfire.

More seriously, I really enjoyed the last series, and as has been mentioned Lando is a character they might actually be able to do interesting things with. In nearly everything else other than Aphra they've painted themselves into a corner where they can't have much universe or character development because anything important is being saved for movies.

21. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    The 1st Lando series was awesome. Way better than I thought it would be. I'm hoping the same for this one. But, as has been discussed, a different creative team. I'm skeptical, tbh. But hope it's awesome.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

tatooinesandworm and revan772 like this.
  22. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Solicit for issue #1 is up:

STAR WARS: LANDO – DOUBLE OR NOTHING #1 (of 5)
    RODNEY BARNES (W) • Paolo Villanelli (A)
    Cover by W. SCOTT FORBES
    Variant Cover by Joe Quinones
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    MOVIE VARIANT COVERS A & B ALSO AVAILABLE
    Straight from the frames of the highly-anticipated film SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY swaggers a younger and somehow even cockier Lando Calrissian! Before his days in the Rebellion, before he ran Cloud City, even before he lost the Millennium Falcon, comes this tale of Lando’s adventures and misadventures in search of love and money leading right up to his appearance in SOLO!

So we've learned Paolo Villanelli is the artist. I remember he pencilled and inked the third issue of the Rogue One adaptation. Any other SW work I'm forgetting?

23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    LANDO – DOUBLE OR NOTHING #2 solicit.
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: LANDO – DOUBLE OR NOTHING #2 (of 5)
    RODNEY BARNES (W) • Paolo Villanelli (A)
    Cover by W. SCOTT FORBES
    Variant Cover by CAMERON STEWART
    Lando Calrissian isn’t one to stick his neck out…unless there’s credits to be had for it. So, when he finds himself fighting for oppressed workers in a droid junkyard, they’d better hope their freedom is worth something to him…
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd.

24. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Someone let me know if there's a reference to the robot from Rocky 4.

25. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Wasn't the Lost in Space robot in Watto's junkyard in TPM? Or am I completely making that up?

Giovs likes this.