main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Black Panther (Wakanda Forever)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sith_Sensei__Prime, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Ript apparel has this t-shirt

[​IMG]

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So cute.

3. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
  4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  5. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Marketing tie-ins! Well now we know this is going to be a panacea for US racial relations.

CONSUME CONSUME

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Just got back from an early screening. Loved it. The whole story of Wakanda and it's people , knowledge and technology.. just loved it. Kinda feel like the girls stole the show and they deserve it. Definitely going to see it again.

And there's nothing wrong with that shirt, I think it's cute. :p

7. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    Movie Bob did this thing on the concept of mass media Black Panther and the idea of black panther movie and and the current political climate.

8. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I really liked this. I'd put it top 5 for the MCU films easily. The cast is just fantastic.

9. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Such a great movie! Loved it!

Killmonger is what Kylo Ren should have been. You understood exactly what motivated him and why he did the things he does in this movie. Now THAT'S how you make a sympathetic villain.

It was also great to see Lupita shine!

10. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Watched it and enjoyed it.

tonally different to other marvel movies before it which benefitted it and although I prefer Ragnarok as far a spectacle movie goes I felt this was a far superior movie in its story telling.

Jordan was excellent as Killmonger and I agree with JediAce1 above that he was a sympathetic villain and his motivations were sound (although I bet our resident AI still finds fault should he ever watch it)

A* from me

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'll be seeing the movie tomorrow night.

Right now, I'm just enjoying the twitter reactions re #BlackPantherSoLIT

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  13. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    Saw it today....Non Spoiler Review

There was one repetitive aspect that could have been done differently IMO that could have minimized my only real gripe with it. Which was the pacing leading up to the climax.
    I guess I could make an argument for shoddy cgi....but that's something for me personally that I can handle better than most.

Other than those things I really enjoyed it. it was jam packed with fun and rich characters. Everyone brought their A game....T'challas chemistry with his friends and family all felt believable and helped to enhance the drama when things start to spin out of control in Wakanda. I also really appreciated all the perspectives from both the heroes and the villains on how wakanda should tackle the more turbulent world in the future.

I would have this in the highest tier of the MCU if not for that pacing problem.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Ghost like this.
  14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    projections for this weekend are astronomical.

this will be a special one, methinks. gonna try to see it this weekend.

15. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    looking forward to seeing this one, probably won’t get a chance till next week though.

16. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Figures, today is my one day off this week, and my wife and I already had plans. I’ll make time to see it next week some time.

17. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    What would MLK say about Disney pushing another piece in a soulless mega franchise?

Fixed.

Sarge likes this.
  18. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Saw it tonight, enjoyed it a ton. Really good story, I liked the villain a lot. Good performances all around. Boseman and Jordan were great and I wasn't expecting Martin Freeman to do as much as he did, which was a good thing.

It's been a long time since I've been in a showing that was completely sold out that wasn't a Star Wars movie. This thing is going to be absolutely huge.

19. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Same here, it's the only non-Star Wars movie to sell out the local IMAX screen since they put it in.

20. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Loved it! I’ll be referring to Killmonger as an antagonist rather than a villain.

21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Saw Black Panther..

For sure my fav MCU film. Maybe because I'm just not the hugest fan of MCU or to emotional attached to the characters of Marvel.(Besides X-men).. But what a great film.
    Seriously loved all the characters, tone of the film, and
    and one of my favorite chase scenes in a movie.. Also kinda emotional .
    Music was decent, but usually don't expect much from Marvel in that category..

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed. THAT is how you write clear "villain" motivation.

Just returned from a second screening. This time in a cinema packed with inner city people of varying African descent and their response to everything really brought this film's value to another level to me.

And... holy crap... the cast of this film was brilliant. I was not familiar with the actress who played T'Challa's sister but I am now utterly in love with her. This cast and filmmakers are incredible. I really hope Hollywood is paying attention.

23. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    I loved how seamlessly they went from futuristic to ancestral. And that look on T’Challa’s face just before the credits rolled...

24. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    I really hope BP does well and Feige and Marvel/Disney continue to let their directors have more freedom to craft their stories around a little bit more complicated material like this.

Don't get me wrong...I was thoroughly entertained by the "sugar rush"y comic book filled goodness that was Thor Ragnarok.....but its ok to have some meat and potatoes as well....where the audience can be trusted to sit and think and feel about things a bit longer without an onslaught of jokes to move things along.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Saw this in IMAX Thursday evening. I think I loved it. It's the best MCU origin film thus far. Has arguably the best villain. The four female leads were all fantastic, especially the little sister who steals every single scene she's in.