main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Padmé Amidala MEGAthread - Don't look at her that way. It makes her uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Ganesh Ujwal, Dec 31, 2014.

1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

I'll admit I might have preferred if Anakin had actually killed her, or caused her death in some way by the force-choke. But I do also like the "romantic" version of the story as well-it's something we've seen before in ancient mythology, the idea that someone would be spiritually attached and/or die of a broken heart kind of thing. Since GL has always drawn story elements from those sources, I find it easy to accept.

2. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Also people tend to forget that a medical Droid says "We don't know why. She has lost the will to live." That's a droid's diagnosis, one that can't understand spirituality or the Force. Plus, even tho the Jedi are surprised she's dying, Obi-Wan stroking his beard after in thought, lets me believe he knows it has something to do with the Force.

3. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I like the romantic and spiritual essence of her passing while vader evolves but -- it gets lost on me because of her children. I felt she could've lived for her kids and then passed later as Leia remembered -- forever broken and dying slowly as vader lived.

as a parent I just can't reconcile it.

On a different note and as a new poster to this thread -- God I loved her outfits/gowns/hairstyles.

Seeing her new looks was a highlight of mine for each prequel. Weird? Maybe. But Padme had exquisite taste.

4. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Not weird at all! She does have exquisite taste :)

That would've worked for me, too.

DarthTalonx and Sith Lord 2015 like this.
  5. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014

The funeral scene and the music were beyond incredible.

6. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    The way I see Padme's last moments -- and it has always been this way -- is that she fought every step of the way for her children. She fought to reclaim their father. She fought to live even after the force choke. And she held on just long enough to give birth, as she was already dying by that point. She refused to die before the children were born. I see it as nothing less than a heroic birth.
    Would you happen to have a link to this? Sounds interesting.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  7. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Exactly how I see it too. I don't think it was a choice for Padme. There was no way she was gonna "get better" and walk it off. She probably knew she was dying from The Force/loss of the Republic as the movies show she is a physical essence of the Republic (an angel of the Republic maybe? ;)) She gives the last gift she can give to the galaxy which is her children, and dies a martyr imo.

And that idea feels even more realistic when her body is being hauled through Naboo's streets where hundreds of people pay respects/idolize the woman who gave her life (literally and metaphorically) for the democracy she believed in.

ss640, DarthTalonx, Lulu Mars and 2 others like this.
  8. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Still love the title of this thread haha

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. ss640

ss640 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2017
    it's a really cool read!
    https://books.google.com.au/books?i...e&q=Audience reaction to padmes death&f=false

xezene likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    For those who didn't catch it, great Padme / prequel references in Natalie's Rap 2.0 on SNL (this ist he censored version, The Lonely Island posted their own uncensored version). She puts on the TPM outfit again! Natalie's "Better than what?" "....*****" is genius

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  11. ss640

ss640 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2017
    You've GOT to be kidding me. The Padme YA Novel has been most likely cancelled according to the person who found the news in the first place. Can they ever give her anything thats even remotely big :(

1st her mission set FOD figure gets cancelled and they only decide to release her Naboo starfighter one
    2ndly her POP is an ECCC and gamestop EXCLUSIVE which means it's going to be a hassle trying to get her
    and now this

im so cut rn

12. DarthHass

Nov 20, 2004
    I love the thread title too.

So when will hasbro give us a 6" Padme amidala figure? I have hopes it can be done right since we're getting holdo.

What costume should hasbro do first? I think ROTS this is how liberty dies and TPM battle of theed Padme.
    To lose with the black series qui-gon

DarthTalonx likes this.
  13. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    It blows my mind Padme hasn't been a playable character in a Star Wars game yet (unless ya count online ones)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    And Lego games. Don't forget them. ;)

ZodaEX and Deliveranze like this.
  15. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Lego games don't count. :p

16. ZodaEX

ZodaEX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015
    Yes they do. They are some of the best ones.

17. ZodaEX

ZodaEX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015
    Yes they do. They are some of the best
    Wrong, you can play as her in Minecraft with D.L.C.

18. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Nah. Because they aren't obviously meant to take place in the SW universe as we know it. They're part of subseries of Lego reimaginations. They're great games but they aren't meant to be canon/legends/EU material.

Well Minecraft is better than any SW so I guess if you can play a SW character there, then it overrules canon.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  19. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I can't really buy into the idea that ANY game where events from canon film/literature can be altered are canon.
    That said, the Lego Star Wars games are official Star Wars products where Padmé is indeed playable... although the same is true for all other characters, both major, minor and infinitesimal, who aren't playable anywhere else.

So yeah, a more serious effort to put gamers in Padmé's shoes would be appreciated.

20. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    I got to be honest, Padme Amidala, aside from her phenomenal speeches and content of character, fighting for her people, arguing for what is right, she is ridiculously, distractingly good looking?

(removed - heels)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2018
  21. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    I actually would like to see Padme in another Star Wars movie, set between Episodes 3 and 4

xezene and ezekiel22x like this.
  22. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    That would take some wild retconning! But yes, I'd love to see Padme again in some form. Portman and Christensen could both pull off playing their characters between Episodes II and III again, imo.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  23. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Oh yes I just realised the mistake! Haha I meant, between Episodes 2 and 3 for Padme. E.g. Labrynth of Evil on the movie screen! I would like to see a movie set during the Clone Wars.

Just more Portman.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  24. Zef

Zef Jedi Knight

Oct 26, 2015
    Padme has been taken hostage and a group of clone troopers are on a stealth mission to save her.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  25. DarthHass

Nov 20, 2004
    I want to see Natalie Portman at most a small role in flashbacks in a Kenobi film. At least a cameo. Maybe he has fond memories of her (throw the obidala fans a bone).

You know what's refreshing -- no one calling or accusing padme of being a social justice warrior. I guess that's only saved for the newer female characters...