main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ben-Solo, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    That would be the worst way to end the ST ever, scattering Kylo's ashes over the remains of the Owen and Beru home or over the city Anakin was born in. Rey, Finn, and Poe can lean over the old Lars homestead and Rey can say, "I hope that's the end of the Skywalker curse!"

2. Rylo_Ken

Rylo_Ken Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2015
    Don't forget Ben Solo's force ghost, dressed in white, smiling in the back ground as he never wanted the Skywalker burden anyway ;)

3. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    No no that's not terrible enough. There is no Force ghost. It's the ashes of the Skywalker legacy and then as the credits roll, the winds pick up and the ashes form the shape of Darth Vader's helmet. Kylo/Ben is gone forever. But we still have FG Luke who can't appear in this scene because that might potentially elevate the mood.

Also I think the credits should roll on in silence so we can reflect over how horrible the Skywalkers were. Anakin ruined the galaxy. Then Luke failed to revive the Jedi. Leia's evil son ruined the galaxy anew. Terrible people.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    rorow1, Star war and Birkendoc like this.
  4. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Boy does that ring of "revenge fantasy." talk about a horrible, nihilistic ending.

Star war and oncafar like this.
  5. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    But what if Ahsoka returned randomly and hugged Rey because they suddenly have a special connection? That has to happen before we go back to the sands of Tatooine and the ashes in the form of Vader's helmet and the silent credits. :D

With Kylo's death, Ahsoka is reborn through the Force! It's a miracle connecting all the Star Wars stories together!

6. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    Actually I'd love for Ahsoka to come and mentor him.

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

8. Star war

Star war Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 23, 2018
    Honestly i doubt Ahsoka will ever make it to the movie medium.

9. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    Oh I doubt she will either, but I can wish.

Star war likes this.
  10. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    I moved this over because I didn’t want to hijack the Finn-Rey thread, but wanted to discuss this:

Man, I wish this scene had been left in. The context would have been so good.

But I can’t help think that we’ll get some payoff on the backend now that we know Ben didn’t hate his father. I’d love to see this play out in IX. I find it hard to believe he’ll go all three films and not be on board the Falcon.

I’d love to see a remorseful Ben on board the Falcon and grasp the dice for real (As far as we know the real dice are still on board) or have him in a situation where doing the right thing involves piloting his father’s ship. That would bring that childhood dream of being a pilot to a really meaningful fruition for the character and could symbolize a very healing moment of reconciliation.

11. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I'd be into that. For a while I thought Kylo would pilot the Falcon on a suicide run that would somehow help the Resistance and/or save his mother. Obviously he's not going to save his mother now but maybe we'll still something along those lines, i.e. helping the Resistance by piloting the Falcon. That said now days I'm more in favor of Kylo surviving.

12. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    Take the suicide run out of the mix, having him save those he loves (I see you, Rose Tico) with the Falcon knowing he could die in the process would still qualify as a selfless act even if he doesn't kick it in the process.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  13. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    If Kylo Ren, was an actual badass, some of these would be right. His acting performance is, easily, the best in the st movies. He is just not half the the threat Vader or Palpatine were. Especially not a threat to Rey, one on one. Which is just weird, from a story telling standpoint.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Darth Smurf likes this.
  14. Lost_Hope

Lost_Hope Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 15, 2018
    Seems it's intentional. Or you think all LF missed that he is not a treat to Rey while making the movies?

Vader and Palpatine were predictable. Kylo isn't.

15. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    So it was intentional from Lucasfilm to tell us Rey's life will NEVER be endanger because Kylo is no threat to her? Then there are no stakes to the story if your lead hero is infallible. She STILL has yet to lose a fight. She beat Kylo Ren and the Royal guards without a SINGLE lightsaber training session. Ridiculous.

11-4D and zam wesell2005 like this.
  16. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Adam, is doing fine as Kylo, he plays the role well and really knows how to get the anger into the films spot on.

Mostly Handless and Lost_Hope like this.
  17. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    Kylo is a threat to Rey if he has a conviction to destroy her. I mean of course he can't win because he's the villain, but the villain can't win in general.

18. Lost_Hope

Lost_Hope Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 15, 2018
    I'm not sure, are you asking me about this? I'm not writing the story.

Maybe Kylo will be a threat for her in IX. Maybe won't. I think it's quite obvious after two episodes that they are doing something different with the main villain. Some people don't dig it, understandable.

I'm sure that they could create 5 Darth Mauls if they wanted to.

19. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    I don’t know how you miss it. They just don’t seem to care about the hero overcoming something better than her. They have made the big bad 30 year old Skywalker, the underdog. It is just weird.

wobbits likes this.
  20. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    And look, another thread turning into “complain about Kylo Ren.”

He’s the underdog because this is a cookie cutter Star Wars tale.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  21. sheri1967

sheri1967 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2006
    There is quite a bit of debate as to what motivates the new Supreme Leader. Some say it is his lust for power and that he is homicidal hence incorrigible. Whilst others think his destiny is to be redeemed through his feelings for Rey.
    TLJ plot was a surprise for sure. Setting those two scenarios aside for a moment, what other possible outcomes for the Supreme Leader are there? [face_thinking]

Mostly Handless likes this.
  22. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I like the idea that Kylo does redeem himself with a sacrifice. But he dies a villain. Nobody discovers he turned back to the light, which is the opposite of Vader.

Krueger likes this.
  23. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    I thought Adram Driver/Kylo Ren/Ben was already fascinating in TFA but TLJ took it to the next level. In a world of generic movie villains he's a much needed breath of air. I hope JJs script will deliver on that front!

24. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    As I've said elsewhere I think we're going to learn that the Resistance having been hiding for several months since the battle on Crait and the FO don't know where they are. What I'm wondering however is will we learn that Kylo has been spending the last few months, (years?) obsessively searching for the Resistance or will he be resigned to the fact that they've gone missing and he's basically checked out and running the FO on auto-pilot?

Mostly Handless likes this.
  25. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Well, TLJ basically said the Resistance will become another Rebel Alliance, so [face_dunno]. But I think they has a big chance to win now, Kylo Ren is a terrible leader. They just need to make him angry that he will destroy the FO alone (Hux even tried to make Kylo stop to use every weapon they has just to shot in Luke, it's too simple to make Kylo lose control)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.