main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    My thoughts exactly! and we are yet to determine the method in the Inquisitorius ranking system. If it´s a matter of seniority (meaning the moment they joined) it´s possible that all of them have the rank of Knight.

I do hope we start to get insight of these aspects in the next issues. I liked the Jocasta arc, but missed this development in the Empire end of the story...

Jarrus and kalzeth like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Do we know who the next Jedi they will be hunting?

3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  4. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Darth Vader #11´s preview has confirmed the Dowutin Inquisitor as the Ninth Sister! She also wasn´t bisected after all [face_laugh]. I´m loving it, not only doesn´t make the Eighth Brother the newest (or lower ranked) one, but it also opens the door for 3 more Inquisitors to eventually show up!

Thanks @Ancient Whills for posting it!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s great! I am glad that there are more inquistors!

kalzeth likes this.
  6. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    I wonder are we every going to found out what happen to the Inquisitor program after Rebels in book or Comic from

kalzeth likes this.
  7. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    [​IMG]
    A new Inquisitor is apparently coming in the next arc of the Darth Vader comic! Humanoid, or perhaps even human... this comic gets more and more interesting with every issue!

MrDarth0, Gudenruben2, Jarrus and 2 others like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I still find it quite interesting that none of the Inquistors are human.

9. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    The new one´s skin does look a little on the green side? the number of aliens (and the absence of humans) on it is quite a difference with the Legends Inquisitorius, for sure...

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I wonder if it’s intentional or not?

11. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I imagine it was. It was fairly straightforward for them to just reintroduce the already established Inquisitors... it was a way to give a little nod to Legend Inquisitorius´ fans, and they could leap forward in their individual development, starting with a defined background.

Instead, they chose to start from scratch and present a completely different organization, so the whole deal with them being alien, former Jedi and ranked with the sister/brother system was probably an important part of the concept behind the creation of this new kind of Inquisitors...

12. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I hope so as well.

If their are any Inquisitors still alive after Rebels s2, Disney should create a story which involves the Empire betraying the origination. They may think the Inquisitors are not needed anymore because their are no more jedi left to fight. They have severed their purpose. So I would be fine not seeing the origination last into the OT and afterwards. However allowing one or two to escape could create a legacy for them away from the Empire's shadow. Leftovers hiding from the Empire vs Rebellion war could help to clarify why they have never popped up in any OT era stories yet.

kalzeth likes this.
  13. Jarrus

Jarrus Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2018
    It sounds so weird to me this idea that after Malachor, there were no Inquisitors left. So, when the 8th brother said to Kanan "more than enough for the two of you" he really meant "you have already met all of us. In fact there are just three of us left, and we are competing to get the rank of Grand Inquisitor and boss around the other two"?

MrDarth0, kalzeth and Ithorians like this.
  14. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I couldn´t agree more. I do have problems when I remember the Seventh Sister talking to Ezra about "many" Inquisitors searching for them. With this logic, she really meant her and the Fifth Brother (since Eighth was after Maul). Doesn´t sound quite right...

Could this be the logic behind Project Harvester? to replenish the ranks of the Inquisitorius again, giving the still active ones from the original program the highest ranks in the organization? it could explain too the Inquisitors interest in training Ezra. Yet, it still makes sense to me that there were other active, unseen Inquisitors by the time of Rebels season 2...

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    If that was Ninth Sister she surely got cut cross the upper torso and was visibly quite wounded. That one looked a lot more male at the time too while now they gave boobs made her lose an eye..kinda a strange retcon I think.

The mostly white9or a light grey) outfitted Inquisitor also reminds me of one of the Starkiller outfits from the TFU games while the head reminds me of some Imperial Dark Jedi types of the EU.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  16. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    If Vader did see Ezra yank Ahsoka through the portal, then perhaps Palpatine understood what happened (or rather, what will happen), and elected to back off until the events of Wolves and a Door. After all, if Ezra got himself killed before he could open the portal, then his opportunity would have been lost. Now that the Emperor was denied an ultimate prize, he's probably peeved enough to send everyone after him.

Of course, something interesting that came across my mind. Ezra just learned Loss (yes he lost his parents earlier, but this is sort of different.) What did Vader choose to teach the Inquisitors when he was handed their leashes? Why, that would be Loss.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I suppose some Inquisitor or a recruit or more may of survived the OT and end up in a potential new series.

kalzeth likes this.
  18. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I was wondering if Snoke was one of them?

19. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I doubt it. Even though we don't have a proper background for him yet, there have been hints and statements that indicate he's more powerful than Vader and the Emperor. Even his screen time in TLJ seems to hint at that from the way he tosses Hux around like a ragged doll from lightyears away, to the casual flickering of a hand to cause Force lightning, which Palpatine and Dooku seemed to have to concentrate or put some effort in, etc. I doubt any of the Inquisitors would be that powerful, or Vader would have been replaced by one of them.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  20. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Well, it was a surprise that the Ninth Sister was a she, but I get the impression that she has been drawn the same way pretty much from the beginning, right?
    Could be! Next issues of the Vader comic will hopefully explain the appearance of this new, arkanian looking Inquisitor (who is possibly 2nd, 3rd or 4th brother) and explain a little more about them. I imagine, like we were guessing earlier in this forum, that those Inquisitors are more advanced in their training and are already in missions this early on, so the possibilities for them are still quite open...

21. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    The big bad in TFA and TLJ is nothing but Snoke and Mirrors. I doubt we'll ever learn much more about him, since he was just a plot tool to explain Kylo Ren and to elevate him to the new Big Bad status.

22. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I wonder if JJ actually addressed this before Rian discarded what was actually written and wrote what he used?

23. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Probably not.

Snoke is something unknown dark force, in the unknown regions of space. Ezra and Thrawn are probably the ones to find him first.

As for The Inquisitors: the biggest missed opportunity in Rebels IMHO.

Ithorians, cwustudent and kalzeth like this.
  24. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I completely agree with you. I´m happy we are getting more background of them in the Darth Vader comic, but Rebels introduced them to canon, and could have done great things working more on them instead of casting them aside after just 2 seasons.

Still, there are a lot of potential stories to be told with them involved, hopefully they will continue to show up in other media...

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The Grand Inquistor to me was still the greatest villian in the show. He was new and menacing.