main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Is R1 Your New Favorite?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Doom Trooper, Jan 22, 2018.

1. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    I rank RO MUCH higher than ROTJ. Empire is my favorite, but RO seriously pushes ANH as my # 2

Steve Denson likes this.
  2. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I really wish we could have had another film with these characters!

3. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    The biggest thing I took away from RO was that I wanted to see more of the worlds and characters, more of Jedha and its history with the Jedi, the Whills and their guardians. I wanted to see more of the adventures of Cassian too and also Saws group, some of those designs were my favourites of the saga. Also the Ring of Kafrene looked interesting too. Plus seeing worlds under the oppression of the Empire was good too and could easily IMO be expanded upon in future adventures. So all in all I thought RO was excellent at building on whats gone before.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  4. ZodaEX

ZodaEX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015
    If we did then it would have to be a prequel because Galen and Saw both die.

5. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I have some bad news about Jyn...

6. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    Rogue One is a miracle. I thought that, after ROTJ, I would never enjoy another Star Wars film--and, lo and behold! Rogue One became my second favorite Star Wars movie. You can tell that Gareth Edwards played with Star Wars toys during the time that the OT was being made.

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...tar-wars-films.50043092/page-30#post-54905548
    :cool:

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    My list is...

1) TLJ
    2) TLJ
    3) TLJ
    4) TLJ
    5) TLJ
    6) TLJ
    7) TLJ
    8) TLJ
    9) TLJ

Screw the other films!

I mean... um... Rogue One is great! Yay Rogue One! :p

DarthKreVass, jaqen and TCF-1138 like this.
  9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Mine is:

1) Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
    2) Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
    3) Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
    4) Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
    5) Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
    6) Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
    7) Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
    8) Eh, the Other Films, I Suppose
    9) Ewoks: The Battle for Endor

11. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I've had just about enough of your Caravan of Courage bashing.

12. avcpl

avcpl Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2016
    Wow, I thought I was the only one in the galaxy that loved this movie so much. Not exactly sure where I rank it, probably third (hey, I saw the original when I was 10 in '77! so there's a lot of nostalgia to compete with!).

Has the OP or other R1 lovers read any of the novels? Catalyst was good but I was kind of shocked how much I liked Rebel Rising.

13. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Same for me (actually, I was 8 in '77 when I saw the original). Im halfway through Catalyst - and next on my list is Rebel Rising. RO is my second favorite SW movie after Empire. ANH is still nostalgically up there though, of course.

Actually, RO is SO good I never watch ANH on its own now. I watch RO and immediately follow it with a viewing of ANH - it's like a 4 hour epic movie.

Avnar likes this.
  14. eko32eko7

eko32eko7 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2018
    I absolutely agree. However, I think that what was accomplished in Rogue One is special for the exact reasons we won't see any more from these characters. If the Rogue One crew had survived and gone on to have other adventures, for example, I think this move would lose almost all of its weight and special-ness. If the characters weren't lovable enough to miss, now that they're gone, this movie would lack the impact the events of the movie warrant.

Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not.

Rogue One includes all of the classic Lucas era Star Wars style (flawed but determined heroes, deft universe building, unexpected twists that add to the intrigue, cohesive/logical yet fun/whimsical technological progression, solid/serious tone with sharp wit sprinkled throughout) while simultaneously imposing much bigger stakes - an extra dose of "Stopped they must be; on this all depends", if you will.

Love it!

avcpl and BadAcrobat like this.
  15. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I like it less than The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, but "Admiral Raddus and Friends" is a more than worthy addition to the series.

MaciekRS likes this.
  16. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I haven't seen TLJ, but I do like RO better than TFA. It's not without its flaws, but it did have characters were more interesting to me than ones from the ST. It's just too bad that it took most of the movie to get there, and when they did, they started getting killed off...

I agree about a sequel. I think RO could've benefited from one, but I get that it may not have been deemed "epic" enough, being more of a "backstory" to set up ANH. Still, I'd take a two-parter RO over the ST or a Han Solo movie.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The sequel to Rogue One has been out for 40 years. :p

18. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Mind... blown. :eek:

19. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    I like Rogue One a lot, despite my signature saying otherwise. I think what doesn't get it the top ranking is that I really don't care too much for the characters outside of Jyn. I've grown bigger appreciation for Jyn and even Saw thanks to the two Rogue One novels. Reading those books makes the movie even better. But with that being said, Rogue One could become a favorite of mine, I mean all of them besides AotC are good to me. But top tier? It's just too hard. My order can change any and everyday.

20. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I loved Rogue One! It's far from being my favorite though. I would rank it after the OT.

21. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    It's cool that Rogue One has so much love but I feel like it's overrated. I think I've seen it about five times now and it grows on me the more I watch it but I still have it ranked second to last on my list. I just feel nothing for any of the characters and when they all died at the end I was just like, "meh." I felt completely underwhelmed and it was the first, and so far only, time I walked out of the theater feeling disappointed by a Star Wars film.

jaqen likes this.
  22. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    I loved it, different without the sabers, besides the ending because its one of the best scenes I've seen and just shows how much Vader could do. Krennic was also a massive +1 for me because of the whole pained picture of Tarkin being the benchmark, but he took it to him and stood his ground, sucks that he won't be around. Want a book on him.

23. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    This! I do the same. And I also do it with ESB and ROTJ as a 4 hour epic as well :cool: Granted there is a much larger gap between Empire and Jedi but the story pretty much takes off where we left with the rescue of solo in Jedi...

Now, if they would just do a Boba Fett film between ANH and ESB [face_thinking]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    DarthKreVass likes this.
  24. MaciekRS

MaciekRS Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 15, 2016
    Yeah, I REALLY like R1, great film, great visuals, FANTASTIC last 30 min BUT I just like TFA and TLJ more. All 3 films are now in my top 5 SW ranking but R1 is number 5.

25. JeeediMoriah

JeeediMoriah Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2014
    It's amazing and I'm the worst critic/nitpicker around. I watched it 6 times in theaters (and I've only seen TLJ and TFA once each). I forced everyone I know to watch it and got them all to give a thumbs up in the theater when Blue Leader takes out that AT-AT haha. I love Rogue One! Revenge of the Sith is my favorite still but Rogue One is in second place! If only Gareth Edwards had done the ST!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    MS1 likes this.