main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 25th Jedi Draft - The Silver Anniversary Edition!! (Champion: Point Given!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_Furio , Jul 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
  2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Playoffs Round 2

Match 1 vs. 4
    Point Given vs. Wang Chi

4. Vestara Khai/Gavar Khai vs. 4. Ahsoka Tano trumped with Fay

So, Peak Ahsoka to me, can hang with this brand of sith. Based on how they were portrayed in the series, these sith really felt closer to inquisitors- and we see how Ahsoka handles this. Fay also throws an interesting wrinkle into the whole thing. It was made pretty clear in the one comic she appears in that she has some strong force abilities. She'll die for sure in this match, but she might take Gavar with her. Which then leaves Vestara to Ahsoka and I see Ahsoka winning that match.

7. Depa Billaba/Agen Kolar vs. 7. Kit Fisto/Aayla Secura trumped with Ki-Adi Mundi/Oppo Rancisis

Going 4 jedi over 2. Agen doesn't have many victories to his name and Depa even less so. Going up against three council members who know them, I don't see a victory here.

10. K'Kruhk vs. 10. Arca Jeth trumped with Qui-Gon Jinn

So tempted to give this one to the hat. But the thing is, K'Kruhk gets knocked down and beaten up quite a bit. In terms of actual victories, they are small. Plus, Qui-Gon has fought with K'kruhk during the Yinchori battle. In the end, I think Arca makes the difference. And gives them the win.

Match 2 vs. 3
    DarkEagle vs. DarthIntegral

7. Jerec/Sariss trumped w/ Sora Bulq vs. 7. Luke Skywalker

[​IMG]

10. Darth Zannah (prep) vs. 10. Shigar Koshi

I think prep seals it for Zannah.

4. Darth Sidious vs. 4. Mara Jade Skywalker (PREP)

So this match...

A few things that I am thinking about:

Sidious has dealt with former apprentices gone rogue before. And pretty much dominated. In both legends EU and the current EU, he has certainly messed with Vader quite a bit. There's also how he handled Starkiller and others. As we've seen, in addition to wielding force lightning, he's an expert duelist and can wield two sabers with ease.

But then there's Mara. As Inty points out, she has the benefit of not one, but two powerful teachers in Sheev and Luke. Her skills as an assassin make her the best of the best. As a Jedi Master, she literally held off a disease for months and then continued to hold it off from harming her unborn child- that's how powerful in the force she is. Hell, when she died, she literally kept her body from becoming one with the force until her funeral. No matter how one looks at it, that's an incredible mastery of the force that not even Sheev displays.

And, that's not touching her skills with a saber. If memory serves, Mara was the first to duel and defeat a Yuuhzan Vong warrior (Yomin Carr I believe?). At the time, that was a pretty huge feat- other jedi and dark jedi did not fair as well. And again, that was while fighting off a life threatening disease the entire time. She also dueled several dark jedi and fought Lumiya as well. Not to mention killing C'Boath and Luuke- so we know she can deal with lightning as Inty alluded to.

Ultimately, it's the prep for me. She knows who she's facing. She's thought about him before and likely has thought of many ways to defeat him. She's probably the best use of prep in the draft. It's incredibly close and Sidious will not make it easy- but he has been defeated before and Mara's track record with the prep advantage might just be enough to edge it out here. Highly difficult, but really what would one expect from the Emperor's Hand?

Winner: Mara Jade Skywalker

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    BookExogorth likes this.
  3. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I love the use of the gif, TBH.

Like, that should be the new way all Luke matches are judged :p

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  4. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Let's gooooo

Pointy G vs. Wang

Ahsoka/Fay over the Khai Trump-- Fay is garbage. Ahsoka does this by herself.
    4 PT Trump over 2 PT Trump-- It's math! Or something.
    The Hat over Old Acre/Qui--

"In terms of actual victories, they are small. Plus, Qui-Gon has fought with K'kruhk during the Yinchori battle."

Qui-Gon never fights with K'Kruhk. The Hat is sent to Yibikkoror; Qui goes to Yinchorr. They're on different planets 99% of the campaign and when all the teams finally regroup K'Kruhk goes beast mode and they head out.

And K'Kruhk going beast mode is a routine thing. He does it:

--Against the cortosis-armored Yinchorri
    --Again at Teyr before leaving for Ruul
    --On the front lines at Saleucami against lightsaber hordes
    --During Dark Times on Bogden to save younglings
    --As Warmaster & High Priest against the One Sith in Legacy
    --On Hypori against thousands of super battle droids, still finding the energy to have the best showing among the Jedi against Grievous

He's like Kareem the way he's effective from Padawan to age 1 billion. Meanwhile we only really see the trump when they're old-- I love my boondog Arca but he's like 1000 and never fights much in Tales, and I love Liam Neeson but he dies facing Maul's aggression in a location that also limits his Ataru moves (part of why Kenobi moved to Soresu pre-AotC). The Silent Desert cave tunnels are ripe for that again, and K'Kruhk's bloodlust + monstrous frame bring even more power.

Also, he just doesn't ****ing die!

DE vs. Inty

Luke over You Never Trump Against A Luke Team
    Zannah (prep) over The Sound You Make When You Say "Cigar" With A Cigar Actually In Your Mouth

Darth Sidious vs. Mara Jade Skywalker (prepped)

Agonized over this. Just spectacular. The kinda "What if?" this whole thing was made for: "What if Yoda dueled Mace?" "What if Anakin faced off vs. Vader?" "What if Mara Jade got to fight the Emperor?"

I'm buying so many of these args too. Mara was mind-kriffed by not being the only Hand-- what happens when Palps reveals he actually groomed her to die against Luke so he'd turn to the Dark Side? Or unleashes a Force Storm she may have never seen? Or tells her he purposefully raised her as a Browns fan? (He's evil remember)

But what if his power displays are so unbridled that Mara can hyperfocus 1-on-1 to get shots in? His best showing is arguably Dark Empire where he shows unbelievable amounts of power but also problems controlling it. What if he brings down the whole cavern/temple structure-- where maybe Mara's biggest power feat (creating the oxygen bubble in Balance Point) comes directly into play, as well as her general survival skills? What if right as Palps is laughing his ass off to a predictable victory, he blows a couple exchanges and there's a rain delay before the final inning?

It's become a platitude to say "Wish we could actually see this!" but this is one where it's def worth saying. The nuances could go in so many directions-- does Palps' intimate knowledge of Mara mean he's basically prepped too? Or does the fact that she's evolved as a person and fighter since their last contact mean that actually plays against him (a la Snoke-Kylo, or even Vader in RotJ)? I'm asking a bunch of rhetorical questions but that's the point...it's like a choose your own adventure the number of paths this could take.

And ultimately I think Inty makes a good enough argument for Mara to beat Palps. Prepped the best prepper in the draft (potentially with Luke giving her intel) against the old master she's obsessed with. His overconfidence is consistently his weakness, and if she exploits that to give herself a shot she's one to take it and not miss.

But the battle would have to go down a few very specific paths for that to happen. The majority of scenarios-- if it becomes a pitched Force battle, if he blindsides her with an arcane move, if he starts to really meddle inside her head-- see Palps keeping the advantage. Being a judge is basically dissecting those to determine where they lead and what happens here...which is why arguments can really sway a decision. It's why you should never give up, hint hint @Skywalker_T-65 #alwaysbelieve

Going back to when it was Jacen vs. Mara earlier this draft...

I don't think that's when I was on prescription drugs. Can't be sure. But I'd pick Mara for the upset here too...*if* DE doesn't jump in to highlight how Palps tends to take it to tier-one guys. He's one of the few to make Luke Skywalker bend the knee (in a duel, I'm sure Mara's had her way with...well anyway) and while I see the path that leads MJS to victory, DarkEagle does well to remind of all the others.

Palps probs wins this 7/8 times outta 10. With Inty making me re-read the Sacrifice fight, and this location being remarkably similar, I probs vote Mara against 7/8 other GMs. But well done by DE-- the Maul/Savage reference was particularly perf as Maul basically uses the darksaber like a shoto, which is part of how Mara pressed her attack on Caeds in close quarters.

Still would love to see it for real. But for now...

Winner: Emperor Palpatine

Also takes it to a 3rd decision, which this def deserves (albeit completely unintentionally b/c "I'll vote the opposite just so a 3rd judge weighs in!" is dumb). @Evil Incarnate, good luck with this one my friend.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  5. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Hey, I will argue even if I don't think it matters. When I'm not swamped by other things to do :V

KenKenobi likes this.
  6. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Just bustin' your balls Skyguy :p

The K'Kruhk/Kareem comment got me thinking though-- who are the actual equivalents in the Jedi Draft? Inty I think we chatted this before.

I've got:

Luke = LeBron
    Sids = Jordan
    Jacen = Kobe
    Yoda = Kareem
    Anakin = Shaq
    Kenobi = Duncan
    Rey = Greek Freak
    Thon = Anthony Bennett

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Sorry I haven't been able to argue this week. That... wasn't the one I expected I would've had to fight for. Got a few things going on later today (going to see Black Panther finally), but I shouldn't have a problem with getting something posted later tonight.

Of course, if Evil is going to vote for my guys, he can just go ahead. ;)

8. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Will it include your bit on Fay? Minch saying she has “some strong Force abilities” is mind-boggling, she literally has like one frame of tossing some wood splinters at someone running away.

Makes me feel like I’m in Crazytown, but maybe there’s something I missed. She’s not in any other material to my knowledge tho

9. Wang Chi

Mar 3, 2013
    There isn't anything else to my knowledge either, but I'll say for now that "many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view". [face_mischief] I'm not going to be arguing that she's some kind of superstar, but as a support-type (as a member of trumps or in teams), she's got some good value. Tonight isn't the night for it, though. That one is looooong. I really do have to get to it at some point though. This could be my last match. Possibly next Wed, which is my next completely free day.

Tonight is Qui-Gonn and Arca.

10. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Thank you Ken. I can't believe the Mara love in this draft. She already beat Ceadus and now Palpatine too? No. I'm sorry. Just no. She's a great fighter and PREPs well, no doubt. Jacen I can see but I wouldn't vote for her over him, but not ever Palps. Too much of everything.

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Just remember, a vote for Palps is actually a vote for SHEEV.

Also, shouldn't it be Sids = Pat Riley and LeBron = Anakin, so we get the fall and redemption story?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  12. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    K'Kruhk vs. Arca Jeth trumped with Qui-Gon Jinn

Qui-gon has really gotten the short end of the stick in a lot of these drafts, especially in the more recent ones. However, while I do think his ranking in this draft is criminally low, the same can be said of K'Kruhk as well. The thing that pushes this in his favor for me is that K'Kruhk seemingly can't die, he just keeps on going like a freaking jeep. He may not have the upper hand at first, but I don't think the other two can make it past this pure tank.

Sheev vs. MJ

As much as I absolutely love both characters, this one was never in doubt for me. Sheev is probably the single most skilled character in this draft, and only really gets beat out completely by Luke because of the enormous power gulf between the two.

Evil.

13. Wang Chi

Mar 3, 2013
    Okay, okay. Sorry I didn't get to this last night. Way too tired. But if it's really THAT particular fact that cost me the match, I can dispel that really quick. I have lots more I was going to get to (and still can later today... maybe), but that notion that K'Kruhk is a tank in the same way Saba is a tank is just not at all accurate and was definitely a major part of my overall arg.

Yes, K'Kruhk doesn't die. The ****er just never seems to die. He always... EVENTUALLY gets up from every one of his defeats and lives to see another day. Good for him. But just because he never actually DIES, that doesn't mean that he's shown any ability to tank damage in the same way that Saba has been proven to be able to over and over again.

Remember in the fight against Welk, where Saba took a lightsaber strike to the head, had part of her tail chopped off, a few fingers took the rock to the head and had her brains exposed, was poisoned and yet STILL fought him off? Okay, why are we attributing that sort of tankiness to K'Kruhk when he's never displayed it? And yes, I know Saba was not mentioned during either of those judgments, but it's an apt comparison.

Okay, so in the fight against Grievous on Hypori. Ken mentions this in his judgment. Here it is:

Fight starts at 2:40.

It's GG vs. everyone for awhile, and then GG jumps them, clearing the rest away for K'K to have his one-on-one moment. He lasts 5 seconds. Well, no, technically it's only 3 seconds before he's first hit and incapacitated and then it takes GG another couple of seconds to strike him again. Time it yourself if you think I'm exaggerating. He takes his first swing at GG at 3:48, gets hit once at 3:51 and drops down to one knee, then GG finishes him at 3:51.

Two things (#2 is way more important for the point I'm making, though).

1. I'm really not sure how... that... qualifies as the best showing among those Jedi against GG there. Look, NONE of them did particularly well. GG dominated that fight start to finish. But if we're splitting hairs, the order goes:

1. Ki-Adi
    2. Shaak Ti
    3. K'Kruhk
    4. Aayla/Generic Jedi guy
    5. Shaggy

The bottom 3 all got utterly owned. K'K lasted literally 3 seconds by himself before being hit and was taken out 2 seconds later. By herself, Shaak Ti at least defended against GG's onslaught for just a hair under 10 seconds, and then Ki-Adi. We don't see the entirety of their one-on-one fight, so it's impossible to say how long he lasted. Unfortunately, the fight picks back up pretty much the moment he's disarmed and about to be killed. Could've been 5 seconds, could've been 10 minutes. Can't know for sure. HOWEVER, if you take a look at his shirt from where the fight leaves off in season 1, to the opening of it in season 2, his shirt is "intact" at the end of season 1 and then when we pick the fight back up, his shirt is all torn up. This implies that a good deal happened that we didn't see. Likely it was all Ki-Adi getting knocked around, but he at least survived for... who knows. A minute... maybe? And GG was using 3 lightsabers against Ki-Adi vs. 2 against everyone else. That, plus Ki-Adi's Force push causing GG to (very) momentarily retreat earlier in the fight gives him the best showing among those Jedi.

But everyone got their butts kicked there, so who cares.

2. Yeeeaaahhhhh, so K'K was not ultimately killed by GG there. Okay... and... he was still soundly defeated. Did he get back up at any point during that fight? No. One lightsaber strike brought him to one knee and he was unable to defend himself, the second took him out of the fight completely and for good. Just because he EVENTUALLY got up... however the hell long it was later... that doesn't make him a tank in the way Saba's a tank. Surely if he was at all capable of fighting after that, he would've helped his friends at some point, no? No, he was completely incapacitated. One strike. Second strike. Done. So he survived. Great. Glad he did. But he was out of that fight. And out of it in a hurry.

Another example? K'K vs Ventress.

I've tried posting the images here, but only one is sticking. So if you Google "k'kruhk vs. ventures" and then go to images, you can kinda piece most of the fight together. I think at least one page is missing, but you can get the gist of it for sure.

The fight starts with K'K and two other Jedi. Second row down, fifth image from the left. "More children? Clumsy, clumsy children." Ventress is toying with them. All three of them.

It's been so long and I can't remember the fight and exactly what happens from memory, but the other Jedi get separated and K'K is fighting her alone. That's the very first image that comes up. Where he's talking about sparing her? And then the very next panel is...

[​IMG]

So much for the tank. One lightsaber strike, and he's helpless. Again, don't believe me? All you need to see (again Google images page of "k'kruhk vs ventress") is the third row down, second image over.

K'K is done. Ventress is about to deliver the killing blow and Mace freakin' Windu saves the day. One single lightsaber strike leaves his vulnerable and helpless and he's alive because Mace Windu stepped in. Hell, maybe he would've have survived her second strike the same was he survived GG's, but THAT DOESN'T MEAN HE'S CAPABLE OF CONTINUING THE FIGHT.

How about vs. Quinlan Vos?

The whole fight is right here: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/quinlan-vos-vs-darth-talon.516442/

Short, but decent fight. K'K briefly seems to have the upper hand, but then Vos pushes him away, he takes his big tumble aaaaaand... the fight is OVER. Yes, he survived. Yes, he lives to fight another day, but he's out cold and the fight is over. Vos wins.

Has he ever ONCE shown the ability to take a hit from a lightsaber and CONTINUE THE FIGHT? Not to my knowledge. Take a hit from GG, and he's out of the fight. ALIVE, but out of the fight. Takes a hit from Ventress and he's out of the fight. ALIVE, but out of the fight. Takes a massive tumble against Vos and he's out of the fight. ALIVE, but out of the fight. That doesn't make him a tank. None of this makes him a tank.

None of this is like Saba fighting off Welk with all of the aforementioned injuries. None of this is like Saba using two shattered arms to grab ahold of Abeloth and pull her for a killing bite. It's not like Saba still fighting very well against and defeating Kenth despite taking a saber through the gut. It's not like Caedus ability to fight through severe injury. Luke, Jaina and Corran all showed more tankiness than K'K ever did during their fight against the Sith in Apocalypse. Anakin Solo during the Myrkr mission AND on Yavin during Edge of Victory. That's tanking. Mace in Shatterpoint. That's being a tank.

Simply living to see another day =/= being a tank.

There's so much more to say. For starters, WHY would K'K being going "beast mode" against Qui-Gon and Arca? He didn't against Ventress or Vos and had far more reason to in each of those fights. He's going to go into bloodlust mode against... Qui-Gon and Arca? Ummmm... why? And I'm unconvinced that that even means he'd win if he did. I'm very unconvinced of that. So I can go more in depth on that.

I also need to address Qui-Gon's underrated-ness. I mean... jeez. This is getting disrespectful. Also Arca and a few other things, like the location. But I'm officially out of time for today.

Jeebus. K'K is not going to be tanking lightsaber strikes from these guys. He doesn't do that. He's shown no ability to fight and win against a single opponent that's on the level of a Qui-Gon or an Arca, let alone both at the same time. Not saying he potentially COULDN'T win against either of them. It's possible. But together? I find it extremely questionable. Pooka Sith, these two are not. Clone troopers attacking younglings, these are not.

@Evil Incarnate

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    BookExogorth and Darth_Furio like this.
  14. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    I'll reneg on the k'kruhk vs old men fight. I'll give final judgement tonight.

Evil.

15. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    I'll reneg on the k'kruhk vs old men fight. I'll give final judgement tonight.

Evil.

16. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Playoffs Round 2

Match 1 vs. 4

Point Given vs. Wang Chi

7. Depa Billaba/Agen Kolar vs. 7. Kit Fisto/Aayla Secura trumped with Ki-Adi Mundi/Oppo Rancisis
    10. K'Kruhk vs. 10. Arca Jeth trumped with Qui-Gon Jinn @Evil Incarnate

Match 2 vs. 3

DarkEagle (2) vs. DarthIntegral (1)

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I didn't expect to win the MJS-SHEEV fight. But, man, it's a fun one. I think I argued MJS over Luke once before as well. again, not expecting to win, but in an "if anyone could do it" type of scenario.

DarkEagle likes this.
  18. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    I'm fairly certain you've voted Mara over Luke :p

(and I had Luke)

Darth_Furio likes this.
  19. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Truth be told, I didn’t expect you to win. Nor did I go into that planning to vote Mara. Your argument was good. But Ken hit it right: 7/8 times, the fight goes to Sheev. I chose to vote for Mara that 1/8 time strictly because of how rare it is that anyone can get that close. Has Sheev actually lost to anyone in these drafts?
    This was, in my mind, the absolute closet you could come without trumping Luke or Yoda or Anakin with her and they also being prepared.

So, no didn’t really expect you to win this, but kudos for trying. It was well argued.

I stand by Qui-Gon v Arca. I love K’Kruhk but Wang hit on EXACTLY why I voted against him. His win to loss ration is huge. Survival does not = winning. If it did, a lot of characters would be much higher up on this draft. Qui-Gon was the first Jedi to duel a Sith in a millennium. And while he got a work out, consider how he single-handedly drove Maul back while Obi-Wan got knocked around. Consider him being able to hold Maul off in order for the ship to take off. On top of that, consider the age difference: Qui-Gon was in his sixties and Maul his late twenties/early thirties. That was Qui-Gon past his peak. His peak was those Jedi Apprentice books probably. K’Kruhk, even in his prime, never fought a big name character and stalemated-let alone win. Even in Legacy. Sure he may not die, but if you want to play it that way-Qui-Gon was first to discover how to survive past death in a over a millennium so....

BookExogorth likes this.
  20. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002

That's a pretty hardcore strawman dude. No one mentioned Saba. No one compared K'Kruhk to Saba. The use of the word "tank" does not automatically need to invoke "Saba Sebatyne."

K'Kruhk is def a tank in the sense that he mows through dudes with lots of physical superiority. Like Brock Lesnar with a lightsaber. I uploaded a few of the things I mentioned because they're illustrative of him going nuts and cleaving through peeps...

Battle of Yinchorri
    Order 66 on Bogden
    Jungle Pirates in Dark Times (and he does take blasterfire! In the midst of wiping out another pirate gang)
    Battle of Saleucami

Those are "tank" moments to me in that he just starts going hogwild against multiple guys. Or bear-platypus-wild or whatever the hell whipids are based on lol

This is a bit silly-- you can't in one breath dismiss K'Kruhk's experience wiping dudes out as "just Pooka and clonetroopers" and then act like Arca and Qui-Gon are studs haha.

Arca's experience comes down to:

1. A mention in the TotJ Companion about the Hyabb-Twith Campaign, where he and a small team overcome great numbers of Nelori Marauders

2. First series of Tales, where he basically never crosses blade with another Force-user

I'm not trying to knock on Arca, who again is a boon dog I've always enjoyed. But Nelori Marauders have never been fleshed out in any other material, never even been depicted visually, and thus are emphatically not on the level of Pooka Sith, or clonetroopers, or Morgukai, etc. It's patently hypocritical to handwave K'Kruhk's victories as small time and then point to a paragraph in a sourcebook to claim Arca's superiority.

I'm sticking with my judgement too.

Of course but then that list wouldn't be just a big subtle way of saying LeBron is the GOAT [face_batting]

21. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    After reading all of the arguments from all parties, and then going back myself and reading up on all involved combatants yet again thinking that maybe I'd missed something, I'm going to uphold my original decision.

I'm not in any way saying that this is an easy fight for anyone involved, but I firmly believe that K'Kruhk would come out as the last man standing for this encounter as it currently stands.

Evil.

22. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Playoffs Round 2

Numbers 4, 7, 10

Match 1 vs. 4

Point Given (1) vs. Wang Chi (2)

10. K'Kruhk vs. 10. Arca Jeth trumped with Qui-Gon Jinn

Match 2 vs. 3

____________________________________________________________________________

Numbers 2, 5, 8

Match 1 vs. 4

Point Given (1) vs. Wang Chi (2)

2. Darth Vader vs. 2. Saba Sebatyne trumped with Tresina Lobi
    5. Arcann vs. 5. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    8. The Exile (PREP) vs. 8. Qui-Gon Jinn trumped with Arca Jeth (FORFEIT)

Match 2 vs. 3

2. Lord Kaan/Lord Kas'im vs. 2. Ganner Rhysode TRUMPED W/ Kol Skywalker
    5. Darth Traya vs. 5. Kam Solusar
    8. Darth Krayt vs. 8. Tott Donetta/Cay Qel-Droma TRUMPED W/ Thon/Nomi Sunrider

23. Wang Chi

Mar 3, 2013
    Welp, that's gg, pg. Good luck in the finals, duder.

Let this loss be a lesson to any draft n00bs who may be reading. Never, never build a team that's, first and foremost, "built for the team battle" if it means passing on stronger characters that would be, like, 75% as cohesive. Team cohesion is a fine thing, but it shouldn't be the primary consideration. That's a lesson I learned alllll the way back in my very first starfighter draft, but when I came to a fork in the road all the way back in round 2, I said screw it and ignored the lesson. The style of team I built for this draft is the type that only gets you close enough to break your heart. Every time.

Oh, and I definitely have a response to that, Kenneth. But I'm going to enjoy my next few days off and not think about this game for a bit.

Darth_Furio and Yodaminch like this.
  24. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    First one is kind of a toss-up: I think Kas'im can take either one of these guys 1v1 but not sure about both. Kol and Ganner both have the ability to go super-saiyan though and swing this fight for them. But, both of those instances were against masses of generic grunts- can they show up as big against someone skilled like Kas'im? Plus I have a cohesion advantage. Good fight; I think it'll really depend on how much Kaan can bring to it.

--------

Second one is one of those lower-level match-ups that I enjoy :D Who's gonna suck less? lol. Kam is mostly just a glorified babysitter at this point. Like he had good promise way back when he was introduced, but he's been relegated to "watching over the younglings" ever since and the few times he could have been given something interesting, they have him sidelined or get gunned down by some GAG punk nobodies [face_dunno] Traya at least has some going for her- she was able to beat Sion on their rematch, destroy the remaining Council members, and give the Exile a fight. I think that she has shown bit more Force power than Kam and has more tricks up her sleeve than he does (lightning, floating lightsabers, force drain, sever force, stealth, etc). Interesting fight, but I think with how little we have on Kam, Traya should take this.

-------

Boom. Nomi is the only half-decent one here, and you have to be bit more than half-decent to have a shot at Krayt.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Darth_Furio likes this.
  25. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Could go either way on all of those, have at it!

Had the same exact thought lol, and I think with forfeits it might actually matter in the bigger scheme-- crazy that could happen in a "Luke team" vs. "Sids team" match

It's also a battle of the last two Jedi Draft champs I just realized...

[​IMG]

You went back to it with the Vastor pick though! Actually thought you were gunning to build a Kenobi/Dooku team and it was gonna melt my comp (I'm of the opinion they'd work really well together)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.