main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Show some respect...", 12 mini-vignettes on the death of Nagina (19 BBY)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Feb 9, 2018.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Story: “Show some respect on this deck for the dear departed”

Summary: An announcement of death makes its way through various communication channels of the Empire.

Time frame: The story takes place a day after the failed coup of Headmaster Gentis on Coruscant (19 BBY).

Continuity: Before the Saga – Legends mix-up

Length: 12 mini-vignettes:
    1. Sate Pestage on Coruscant *
    2. Mara Jade on Chandrilla
    3. Mon Mothma on Chandrilla
    4. Darth Vader on Coruscant
    5. Governor Ryder Azadi on Lothal
    6. Wilhuff Tarkin on board the "Executrix" *
    7. Bail Organa on Alderaan
    8. Gallius Rax on Jakku *
    9. Aurra Sing on board the "Slave I"
    10. Prince Xizor
    11. Maul on Malachor
    12. Saw Gerrera on Jedha *

Genre: Drama with a bit of humour

Planet of choice: several worlds

Reader warning: Please excuse my weird English! I am German. English is only my Second language!

Disclaimer: SW is owned by George Lucas, Lucas Ltd. and now The Walt Disney Company

1. Sate Pestage on Coruscant

The message was simple. It was a small flimsi sheet that had came in with the Shawda club sandwich that he had ordered in CoCo Town. The text was written in Aurebesh. One sentence only: “Unicorn down!”

Sate Pestage smiled and threw the sheet straight into the fire of his chimney. While the flames consumed it, he pulled himself a generous glass of Naboo blossom wine. He left the wine to breath for a while and turned to the sandwich. To enjoy it a bit longer, he used his silver cutlery. Every bite he took was divine.

For an alien creature Dexter Jettster was an amazing chéf. A pity he had decided to feed the working classes of Coruscant. A restaurant like the 'Manarai' would have been a suitable environment for the Besalisk.

Fat dripped from the Naboo man’s mouth and he cleaned it neatly with a napkin.

Nagina’s assassination had been one of the most secret military operations that the Imperial advisor ever got involved in. His double agent had been successfully placed near the group of males and females that acted around the notorious war criminal Saw Gerrera. The aim had been simple. To lure the terrorists to Lothal. There the unfortunate target had revealed itself.

That Headmaster Gentis had orchestrated a coup against Sheev at the same time had come in handy. The focus of his old childhood friend had been on survival and not on the well-being of his niece.

Regret welled up in Sate Pestage. To slit Nagina’s throat open all by himself would have given him a much greater satisfaction. But Wilhuff Tarkin and Gallius Rax had made a pact with him. No member of their triumvirate had been allowed to hunt her down personally.

The Imperial advisor put the napkin aside again.

The links with a double agent were easy to cut off. To dispose of such a person was not a great problem either. In case of a thorough investigation, Saw Gerrera would be blamed anyway.

Sate Pestage finished his wine in silence, thanking the dark side of the Force that his cursed god child was no more.

Nagina had been a trouble maker from the start, hindering the career of her uncle. The glory of the Empire could have arisen sooner. She had been a distraction, of late even a whistle-blower. To eliminate her had been a necessity.

The Naboo man hoped that her death would make Sheev more feral, more sinister. That not an inch of goodness was left in him. A Sith with a heart was a burden.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    Kahara and DarthUncle like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Love that you're posting! [face_dancing] Excellent ruminations -- combining gloating satisfaction and sneaky planning to hide his involvement =D=

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Kahara, DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for beta-editing the first bunch of my mini-vignettes, reading the first one all over again and commenting to it, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha. I really don´t deserve you.

Nor do I deserve my husband @DarthUncle, who has been bravely listening to my coughing and sore voice while I read my latest ideas to him. From Monday on this flat will be more quiet again, when I am back at work.

For today, I will leave you all with the second mini-vignette, because from next Saturday on I will be on hiratus for a while. There are still places on this planet where no internet access exists. There will be just the wind in the trees and hopefully a lot of snow involved for me.

My husband will stay at home, because our land lady is forced to make some repairs.

But here is the update now:

2. Little Mara on Chandrilla

Sometimes the Force sent visions to individuals that were responsive mediums. Those visions were not always clear in their nature. They could be weak echoes of the past, their colours somewhat faded like ancient oil paintings. Or the visions could come as confusing glimpses of the future that looked like a badly edited holo music clip.

To get a message from the present was a rare occasion. The sharpness of the images and feelings that she just had received was frightening.

Mara willed her heartbeat to slow down again. Then she rubbed her eyes and stared at her alarm clock.

Here on Chandrilla it was the middle of the night still. Apart from her everybody else in the Anil family home was asleep.

The young girl fidgeted a moment before she left her bedroom.

Barefooted, Mara walked through the corridor until she stopped in front of her foster parents’ bedroom door. Inside she heard Chetan Anil snore. Ever so carefully she turned the door knob and peaked inside. The moon light shone right on Gita Anil. Despite her husband’s monstrous noises she looked peaceful.

Sighing, the girl closed the door again.

The elderly couple deserved their sleep. Perhaps it was better for them to get the news in the morning. Then they at least would be well rested. It would be even better for them to deal with the tragedy only after breakfast.

Mara decided to walk downstairs.

Once in the hallway, she left the house through the front door and walked onto the lawn. But she did not stop there. She climbed over the fence that surrounded the Anil property and vanished into the grass sea.

It was a mild night and the feeling of the grass underneath her soles was nice.

After a while Mara lay down, her arms and legs opened wide. Pretending to be a little starfish she looked into the night sky.

“May the Force be with you, Nagina! Always.”

The girl had seen exactly who had done the gruesome deed and why. But revenge was not her aim. The Force would balance itself out. It was not her place to demand justice.

Underneath her nightgown, Mara carried a big Kyber crystal with her, attached to her neck with a silver chain. She took the crystal out, moved it back and forth between her small hands.

She had promised Nagina, her former kindergarten teacher, to stay true to herself. To be better than any Jedi or Sith. It was a promise worth keeping. The Force needed scions. One day she would build her own light sabre. But not yet. There was still much to learn. Nagina had given her time.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I love Mara's compassion and thoughtfulness and careful weighing of options. She is wise beyond her years. She is growing up in a secure loving family, very much like Raissa's Mara. [face_dancing]

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: It helped that you were there for me throughout the weekend and did edit all vignettes in so far so quickly. Before I am off for a while, loading up my batteries in my special place of power, I give you another one, that @DarthUncle also knows.

3. Mon Mothma on Chandrilla

Usually, the start of her day was marked with nothing but a steaming mug of coffee, black and no sugar. But today Mon Mothma had enough time for a rich Corellian farmer breakfast. She was having a prolonged weekend on her home planet. Which meant her parents were able to spoil her senseless. But she did not mind.

Smiling, the red-haired senator ate a carob and almond brownie smoothie bowl. Then she moved on to cut into three large buttermilk pancakes. She had them with a lot of caramel syrup, won from the local sugar beets. Even though she started feeling like a nerf ready for the slaughter, she reached out for a pear and oatmeal muffin and eyed the silver dish with the fish appetizers. She could spot rainbow trout, eel and, her favourite, salmon. Perhaps a spoon full of fingerling – lime caviar – would not hurt.

“You are not pregnant, are you?” inquired her father, once an an arbiter-general in the days of the Republic.

“Of course not, dad,” pouted Mon Mothma. “As if I would have the time for a baby.”

Her mother, the current governor of Chandrilla, rolled her eyes. They were of a pale blue-green as her daughter’s. “Would Crix mind?”

“Ah, don’t start me on him again.” She put her cutlery down and pushed her plate away. “We are having a break. Because it’s...”

“Better for the comeback of the Republic,” finished her father. “We know, sweetie. It is just a pity though.”

“He is such a handsome lad,” gave her mother to consider.

Her dad added, “And I miss our fishing trips.”

Silence spread. Even the service droids stopped their work.

Crix was her sweetheart since twelve years now. Her parents did not mind that he was a product of the foster care system. The Anils, good acquaintances of the Mothma clan, were a kind local family. Their love and devotion had helped the former street kid from Corellia to turn into a valuable member of society.

When she had joined the Galactic senate, becoming one of the youngest senators to date, Crix had not applied for the CorSec Academy. Instead he had enlisted with the Republic military forces on Coruscant. Just to be closer to her. He was a true Corellian, loyal to the core and hopelessly romantic.

The comlink of her father went on. “Sorry for this!” he said with a bashful smile and left the huge kitchen.

“Work?” teased the senator.

Her mother smirked. “Certainly not a problem with the gardening machines.”

“Did he learn to speak Bocce in the meantime?”

Both women broke out in laughter.

Mon Mothma’s father was a hopeless hobby gardener. Via a real estate agent he had bought this neglected farmland ages ago. He had felt the need to have a weekend residence in the country side, far away from crowded court rooms and their bad air. Since his sudden retirement, for which the rise of the Empire was to blame, he worked outside all around the clock.

The noises of an engine were heard.

Alarmed, the senator rushed through the panorama window that overlooked the main entrance. It had to be someone with allowance to enter the property. The selection was limited to only a few people.

A speeder appeared with an insane speed. It was not a new model, but old and battered X-34.

“Crix?” Mon Mothma wondered aloud.

Her father sprinted towards the vehicle.

At the same instant her mother’s com sounded. By accident she put it on loud. “Paige, this is Gita,” sniffed a woman’s voice. “Have you seen our Crix?”

“He just arrived at our farm and, wait, he is clinging on to Ethan.”

More crying vibrated through the com, but this time it had a relieved note to it. “Thanks to the Force!”

“What happened?” inquired her mother.

“Nagina. She is dead.”

Mon Mothma frowned because this name sounded too familiar to her.

“Dead? But how? She was not anywhere near Coruscant when the terrorist attacks happened, right? She had this new teaching position on Lothal.”

All in the room held their breath.

Mon Mothma’s mind was spinning.

Until now she had had no idea that Nagina Samye had been a member of the huge Anil foster family. Crix usually did not talk about his siblings. Not because he was ashamed of them. But there was always so much else to talk about when they found time to be together.

With shaking hands the red-haired senator opened the double doors of the veranda and went outside. Her father was still holding Crix, who looked awfully pale and lost.

This was not the time for political speeches. Nor was it the time to light the flames of a rebellion.

“Crix!” she called out and ran towards him.

He blinked at her and looked grateful when her arms wrapped around him.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet with Mon's family teasing and the genuine sorrow over Nagina from Crix which Mon helps soothe. @};- I like the details of the Mothma family--their place in the community, and in larger affairs of significance. [face_thinking] Crix/Mon as a pair :cool:

7. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    I hope Sate Pestage has a long time on the 2nd death star between when he realises it might go wrong and when he actually becomes part of its dust, he's very deserving of such a plan going awry on him. Well written though! Chilling how he's a cheerleader for evil.

Mara is sweet, and I'm glad that in your story she remains in existance, and potentially with a lot happier teen-time than as emperor's hand ahead of her. He compassion, care and understanding for her foster parents and Nagina really do her credit, and your writing of her too, as despite the wisdom, she still manages to come across as a young girl.

And Mon Mothma and Crix together is nice to see - I would think with the little time either of them have in between busy work, they have other things to do than talk about his sister! I liked how her family felt real, and very supportive, though, like all parents, not quite understanding fully what issues their kid was having ;)

So, looking forward to reading more reactions to Nagina's death in which we learn more about the character and their motives/views of life in the GFFA. in what feels like a very natural way.

I suppose we already had that of Sheev in his own story, but I can think of some others that will think of her.

8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha &@ DarthUncle: Thanks so much for reading and commenting afterwards. The two you always give me the impression that my texts are worth something after all. @};-

Here a new piece while I have a short break from the icy mountains where there is no internet. This one is also for you @Kahara, @Darth Gangrenous & @Darth_Furio:

4. Darth Vader on Coruscant

Laurita Thom had not seen his death coming. A pity that the young man had been so trustful. At least his advice to him had been true. To suffer a rival was out of the question.

While Darth Vader watched the screaming war veteran falling down into the depths of Coruscant, he felt something odd. It was like the wings of a butterfly brushing his conscience.

Puzzled, the Sith lord looked around, but it was only him on the balcony.

He reached out in the Force, trying to confirm his theory. Only silence answered him.

“Mistress Samye, is that you?”

Underneath mask, his eyes formed into slits. He needed a more personal form of address.

“Answer me, Nagina!”

He probed deeper and deeper to no avail.

Then he went for the most daring approach. It also meant that he had to acknowledge their special bond.

“Cousin, for the last time, speak up!”

Only the wind in the street canyons answered him. But he could feel her presence still, meek and frightened. As if she was caught in a bad place, holding her breath.

Leaving the crime scene behind with long strides, the Sith lord made it to the 500 Republica building in record time. This most prestigious and exclusive tower was located in the Senate District. Sometimes its sight woke old memories in him, but not today. Something of great importance had happened to the only person he felt respect for. He had the feeling that only his master knew more about the matter.

When Darth Vader was about to enter the lift that led to the Emperor’s private apartment, a figure dressed in radiant colours squeezed in.

“Please forgive me, milord!” sniffed Ars Dangor, hiding his face behind a large handkerchief.

A short facial scan confirmed that the Imperial advisor had puffed eyes and that his robe had several wet spots. This could only mean one thing: true sorrow. In a nest of vipers the Sith lord had found the only person who really had cared for his master’s niece.

Lord Vader concentrated on the circuits of the lift and put the entire cabin to a hold. He also melted the camera lenses. Then he grasped the much smaller Naboo man by the neck. “Keep breathing and do not talk aloud!” he ordered. “I will hear your thoughts.”

Ars Dangor looked startled. “Is this a kidnapping?”

“Nonsense. I am trying to have a conversation with you.”

“Ah!” Warily, the Imperial advisor looked up and focused on answering with his thoughts only. “That’s what it is. I also take lunch invitations, you know.”

Darth Vader had no time for courtesies. “Mistress Samye is dead, isn’t she?”

“How did you…?”

The Sith lord interrupted him, “Your tears betray you, advisor.”

“I must not cry.” The Naboo man started searching his pockets. “Not in front of the others.”

“She was an extraordinary woman. It does you credit that you honour her passing.”

Ars Dangor hit his face behind his large hands. “Nagina was killed like an animal. Who ever did it murdered her Loth-cat, too, and damaged the kindergarten building.”

“Is there an official report?” The dark helmet came closer. “I would like to read it.”

“That can be arranged and we could have a lunch meeting after all.”

Suddenly, Darth Vader let go of the Naboo man as he noticed incoming data. He got the readings of a small service droid crawling down towards them. “Enough!” he said aloud. “Rescue is on its way! Get a grip on yourself again. The Emperor will not be pleased to see you like this!”

Ars Dangor had no time to stay puzzled. For the Sith lord reached out for his right shoulder and squeezed it lightly. “I will investigate!” he spoke into the advisor’s mind again. “But this is off-record. Nobody, not even the master, is to know. Trust no one, but me in this matter.”

The service robot called for reinforcements. And soon a little army started to repair the lift from the outside.

“Lord Vader?” asked Mas Amedda through the comlink. “Are you and Master Dangor well?”

“We are bored,” he bit back. “Hurry up before I decide to make the necessary repairs myself!”

A long time ago, in another life, Darth Vader had been good at fixing things. He felt that the fate of Mistress Samye, who was his cousin by a cruel twist of fate, would teach him how to mend his own destiny again.

Respectfully, he nodded to Ars Dangor and the Imperial advisor nodded back.

It was not necessarily the start of a friendship. Such was unheard of for servants of the dark side of the Force. But it was the foundation of a partnership of convenience, at least for a while.

9. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Intriguing. I didn't realize Vader was able to learn quite that much about Nagina and his own situation after meeting her relatively briefly.

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  10. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Intriguing. I didn't realize Vader was able to learn quite that much about Nagina and his own situation after meeting her relatively briefly.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Unique reaction and probably surprising for Dangor. :) Raised his curiosity about how Vader's and Nagina's paths had happened to intersect.

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  12. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Double post. sorry

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    “Nonsense. I am trying to have a conversation with you.”

I spat out some coffee when I read this. Excellent method of communication from the Dark Lord. Choke the guy out and have a conversation. Well done :D

14. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Cursed god child? I wish Sate didn't sit on the fence, so often.

As a bit of a recent non-follower of this saga, this was a build up of reactions.

Unicorn down! Mm, well Pestage is taking that well. Almost seems happy about.

I remembered Sheeve punishing the Headmaster for his neice demise...hold on, Sate assassinated her?

He wanted to slit her throat himself?

Oh come now, how did she affect Sheev's career; he's Emperor of the Galaxy for crying out loud.

Interesting angle in the first vignette. Be interesting to see if she really is dead; she had some Force powers, I recall.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Darth_Furio , AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @DarthUncle: I could tell you more about it tonight, luv, but then I would need to kill you and getting rid of your corpse is not easy with such temperatures. The snow is about 20 centimetre deep, the ground underneath frozen. Neither the fox or the rascal might eat you. So I am afraid you have to keep on wondering!

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Indeed he wonders but he is too clever to ask any questions. He knows how capricious a dark lord of the Sith can be.

@Darth_Furio: I hope you did not spit the hot coffee straight on your laptop, dearie. Kind greetings from the wintry Harz Mountains!

@Sith-I-5: It is always an honour when you stop by in one of my threads and find the time to comment.

The Sate that I write about is befriended with Sheev since kindergarten days and is his main groupie. He always saw Nagina as a nuisance, a tread for the rising Sith empire.

Tarkin had some personal issues with her and Gallius Rax just hated her fiercely.

The three manipulated Saw Gerrera to kill her. The latter believed her to be Krennic´s mistress. Which is totally wrong.

Anyway, here a short update from the mountains, sponsored by my brother before the data volume is up.

It is influenced by a word that Donald Trump used in a conference. A word which I hope I can use without getting into any trouble on the boards with the mods or readers. Please PM me if that is the case!

Anyway, here we go. (Also hugs to @Kahara, who got a lot of photos these days via mail.):

5. Governor Ryder Azadi on Lothal

His secretary was nervous when he stormed into his office like an overexcited eopie. Normally, the Rodian used the intercom system to ask allowance before he entered.

“How can I be of service?” Governor Ryder Azadi asked, scanning Loomis’ alien features. Perhaps he had trouble with his feisty girl-friend?

The Rodian’s distress seemed to grow. “There has been manslaughter in the Jhothal settlement.”

That alarmed the politician. “A cantina brawl that went out of hand?” he demanded to know. “Is Old Jho hurt?”

Loomis shook his green head. “The local kindergarten teacher… she...”

“Yes?”

But his secretary broke out in tears, holding on to one of the walls. “I… I… can’t.”

Luckily, another aide walked by.

“Hillary, get me the Chief of Police on the line!” he barked at the Twi'lek woman, trying to process the news that Mistress Samye obviously was no more. Only yesterday he had talked to her.

“I just spoke to him, sir.” The Twi'lek woman seemed desperate. “Commander Krennic has sealed off the area and denied him access.”

“That nerf-herder!” the politician cursed. “Why is he involved?”

“Chief Banks was told it is a government issue and therefore somebody more competent should be in charge.”

Governor Azadi was torn between anger and laughter. “Get in contact with the Imperial Palace!”

“They already told me that they do not wish to be bothered about minor Outer Rim problems,” hiked Carter. “Terrorists have tried to murder our beloved Emperor yesterday. Nobody cares about a dead kindergarten teacher from, I quote, 'a **** hole planet' of no importance.”

“**** hole planet? Of no importance?” boomed the politician. “Well then, Hilly, get hold of Eris Harro.”

“Sir?” the Twi'lek woman asked back.

“The HNN chief manager of the Outer Rim Territories might be very interested to hear about the murder of a respectable Imperial citizen.” The politician shook his greying head. “I cannot believe they call us a '****hole planet'. This is insulting.”

“Consider it done, sir.”

It pained Governor Azadi to use the dead Mistress Samye as a pawn, but her death would be the talk of the holonet for weeks to come. He wanted the murderer to get caught and to help his people to feel safe on Lothal again.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    Darth_Furio , Kahara and DarthUncle like this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Azadi is very detached and wants to use Nagina's loss as a means of political gain. :rolleyes: =D=

17. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Even though we know from SW Rebels that he cares about the planet, the Thrawn book also shows more shady/transactional/manipulative sides of him (even if the later governor Price might not be the most reliable or unbiased of narrators).

I also guess his reaction is the sort of thing that often drives people to join/organise the resistance.

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  18. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I wish there was a way to "like" a whole thread.

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha & @DarthUncle: I noticed much, much later that I should have told the story of Governor Azadi first and then the reaction of Mon Mothma afterwards. Ah well, it cannot be helped now!

@Cowgirl Jedi 1701: I am glad to see you on-board.

Let me take you all, @Darth_Furio, @Kahara, @earlybird-obi-wan & @Darth Gangrenous to Moff Tarkin now.

6. Wilhuff Tarkin on board the 'Executrix'

Being tuned in to the military musical request programme of the Imperial Forces was not unusual for a soldier who was off-duty.

Wilhuff Tarkin laid inside his humble bunk on-board the 'Executrix', an Imperial I-class Star Destroyer. The only luxury he allowed himself tonight was that he had taken off his military boots. This way he was able to wiggle his toes a bit.

For about twenty minutes he had been listening to music wishes from star fleet members. The music piece that he had been waiting for had not been put on air yet. But he was sure that it would be played tonight.

The dreadful Jizz song ended and the speaker said, “Radio IF would love to salute your soldier, marine, airman or navy person. That person does not need to be a relative. You can greet a neighbour, a classmate from the Academy, etc. The only requirement is that the person is on active duty.”

The Moff’s lips formed a thin smile.

“And here is the next salute. It comes from 'Desert Fox' and goes to his comrades 'White glove' and 'Scavenger'. He wants them to enjoy a score from the ballet 'Squid Lake'. Its the identically named score Op.20a.”

Wilhuff Tarkin sat up straight.

As the brittle tones of the score filled his private quarters, he felt satisfaction claim him.

That outrageous Samye woman was over and done with.

If he would have had a vintage wine at hand, he could have opened the bottle and toasted to Gallius Rax for his elegant solution.

Of course it would have been much more interesting to drop the kindergarten teacher’s fat arse on his home world of Eriadu. Like an animal he would have hunted her over the Carrion Plateau. There would have been no mercy. She was to blame for his arguments with Garoche, his one and only son.

Wilhuff Tarkin closed his eyes, forcing back his tears.

Seven months ago his boy had died on the planet Atoan. Lord Vader had become a victim of the insurgents, too, but managed to escape badly wounded.

With his remote control he put the music louder.

There was no way to take back his last words to Garoche. But the snake who had poisoned his son’s mind years ago had been punished. This did not relieve the pain, but at least the family honour had been restored.

He was also sure, that the Emperor would not miss his former mistress much. She had fallen in disgrace many months ago. It was rumoured, mostly by Sate Pestage, that she had betrayed Palpatine with Prince Xizor first and then with Orson Krennic. No wonder that she had been exiled to Lothal then.

The Moff laughed dryly.

It was known that the elegant Falleen criminal was hard to resist for any female in this galaxy. He had manners, was insanely rich and possessed taste when it came to the arts. But Krennic, born on Lexrul of all places, was a narcissistic personality with a bad temper and too high an opinion of himself

In the end it did not matter. Mistress Samye’s throat had been slit like that of an animal of prey.

“To the glory of the Empire, may it long prevail!” he said to himself.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Intriguing reflections and conclusions Tarkin draws about Nagina's actual ties to the Emperor :p =D=

21. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Pestage is cleary one to tell the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, not :p Great to see all these figures who know there's a relation with the Emperor try to construct rhime and reason to the facts of Nagina's life and death.

Aww, that makes him almost human. Almost. It also made me think of http://www.bluemilkspecial.com/comic/tarkins-mistress-3/ [​IMG]

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @DarthUncle, @Cowgirl Jedi 1701, @Darth Gangrenous & @Kahara here is another piece before I am off to bed:

7. Bail Organa on Alderaan

A light smell of ammonia hung in the air. A glance between the baby’s legs confirmed that her nappy needed an urgent change. After just an hour it was filled to bursting point again.

Leia always seemed to drink and eat for two children. Bail Organa was sure that this would never change. Even though Master Yoda had ensured him that she would forget about her twin on far away Tatooine eventually, he thought different about the matter. Some wounds never healed.

The Viceroy of Alderaan was about to bend down to the daughter, whom he had adopted nine months ago, when a muffled scream sounded through the royal chambers. It came from the dressing-room next door.

Concerned, Bail Organa surged forward and pushed the valve aside. “What is it?” he asked his wife Breha. “Are you not well?”

“Listen!” she yelped and pointed at the HoloNet screen.

Sheltay Retrac exchanged a sad glance with him, tears hung in her long eye lashes. “Her Majesty is right. You better listen to this.”

A youngster, barely out of his teens, filled the screen. He wore an Imperial media badge. In addition there was a HoloNet News patch on his left shoulder. He was dressed in a grey-blue variant of the Imperial uniform. The Viceroy of Alderaan had to admit that the adolescent was impeccably dressed.

With a pleasant voice the HoloNet reporter said, “To all who just joined us, this is Alton Kastle live from Lothal. I am here in the quaint settlement of Jhothal where a vile crime has taken place.”

A sense of foreboding came over Bail Organa. He knew only one person on that Outer Rim planet. A hostage of the Empire. His heart started to beat faster.

“The local kindergarten teacher has been brutally killed at her working place.”

The Viceroy of Alderaan ran a hand over his throat, that suddenly felt so awfully dry. This was not happening. It had to be a bad dream and nothing more.

“Evidence points to terrorist activities.”

He shook his head in denial. This was no political act. The motives of this deed had a more private nature. One of her uncle’s enemies must have gotten to her.

“Authorities cannot give us more information at present, but we will keep you updated!”

Another person came into view. It was a muscular human with greying hair and a tan. Bail Organa was sure he had seen this man some place before. Perhaps even at the senate.

“For now I am joined by no other than Governor Ryder Azadi of Lothal.” The reporter nodded towards the politician. “Your Excellency, rumour has it that the notorious Clone Wars criminal Saw Gerrera and some of his fanatic followers are responsible here.”

Pain was written all over the governor’s face. “I cannot confirm that yet. Investigations are still running.” He took a deep breath. “But let me tell you that the death of Mistress Nagina Samye causes a great loss. Not only to this community and for the children she worked with, but also to the education system of our beloved Empire. Kindergarten teachers like her are a gift to society.”

Bail Organa was not sure whether he should be touched by the words of the other politician or if he should be plain angry with him. Nagina would have disliked to be used like that.

“If Saw Gerrera is truly behind the brutal slaughter, Lothal will condemn terrorists like him. We are a peaceful world full of hard working miners, farmers and factory workers. As citizens of the Empire we do not want any more bloodshed or people who bother us with aggressive paroles against the government.”

From the corners of his eyes the Viceroy of Alderaan could see that his wife was biting her knuckles. He wanted to reach out to her, but his body seemed frozen in time and space.

“This world is no home for rebels and traitors.” Governor Azadi looked stern and unforgiving. “Cut-throats and other criminal elements had better watch out. We will report each of you immediately.”

Taking all his strength together, Bail Organa turned the HoloNet News Flash off.

“He just tries to save his people, hotshot,” sniffed his wife. “I am sure the governor does not know that Nagina was the Emperor’s niece.”

“It is still not right to use her like that,” he replied, his voice heavy with uncried tears.

Breha stepped up to him, wrapping him into her warmth. “We should plant a tree for Nagina today and remember her in our own way. Let us send for Dalus Othona!”

The Viceroy of Alderaan did not mind doing something like that. But later on he would try to get a message to Saw Gerrera. 'The Alliance to Restore the Republic' did not need radical fanatics like him. He was sure that his friend Mon Mothma would agree with that sentiment.

DarthUncle and Darth Gangrenous like this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I loved Bail's reaction, full of insight and a sense of personal loss. @};- He and Breha are mutually consoling to one another.

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: It always feels good getting feedback from you. Especially tonight, when the world seems a much colder and merciless place. Thank you!

Here is the next update:

8. Gallius Rax on Jakku

The news of Nagina’s demise came in via a daily rapport by of one of his underlings. Not more than a marginal note on all the current activities in the Outer Rim Territory.

With kingliness of countenance Gallius Rax, once known as the boy Galli, listened on. He showed no sign of treacherous joy. That was out of the question. He had to be a paragon for his men, an example for the new order of the universe. That much he owed to Sheev Palpatine, who had been his mentor ever since their ways had crossed.

Outside their secret underground base a sand storm raged, bringing death and destruction in its wake.

It was true that the desert could change a person forever more. The scriptures of the honoured ancestors were right about that.
    Gallius Rax had been cleansed from mediocrity, from his ignorance. These days he hardly looked back at the sullen child that he had been. It did not matter any more who he had been. The wonders the dark side, that he had been allowed to witness, had been the key to new dimensions. If anything ever happened to his master he was to be the solemn heir of the Imperial legacy.

Darth Vader was but a dysfunctional cripple and, by far worse, a dishonour to generations of Sith lords. Unstable as that freak was, he should have not been allowed to carry on the moniker. He should have been eliminated.

As for Nagina, she had been in the way from the beginning. A fat catastrophe on two wobbly legs. Not even able to bear children.

When his last underling had left the conference room and the doors had closed, Gallius Rax rubbed his hands together. Then he threw back his head and laughed, until tears ran over his cheeks.

“She is gone!” he shrieked and spread out his thin arms.

With light feet he danced around the conference table like a shaman would around a large bonfire. Instead of chants or spells ugly giggles were bursting out of him.

DarthUncle likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A storm rages outside and a tumult of reactions is also within Gallius. =D= He admires Sheev, does not mourn Nagina in the slightest. [face_thinking] @};-

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.