main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What will the last shot in the Skywalker Saga/Episode IX be?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by AndrewPascoe, Feb 25, 2018.

1. DjTomek

DjTomek Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 20, 2018
    Yeah but a 30 year old man in the context of a Star Wars movie. The director and producer both said that Kylo and Rey represent something that you see in the real world, not that he is an actual 30 year old dude from Brooklyn with a ****ed up childhood.

Except he is not supposed to act and represent an adult. In TFA he operated as a child, in TLJ as a teenager. Thats why Rian and Kennedy said that the character is a metaphor for what many kids experience growing up in today's world and political climate.

So all im saying is that the one who goes about the wrong way when trying to discuss Kylo Ren is you, since you take the metaphorical down to the literal and expect it to make sense.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  2. Strategize

Strategize Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2017
    Who said Kylo's innocent? Course not, but the fact of the matter is Han tried to do something, it failed. The failure is actually just currently in pending mode, well see in 2 years, whether that was just a pointless death or not.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If Johnson and/or Abrams wanted Kylo Ren to be a teenager, the option is to make him a teenager. Making him a 30-year-old and then sending the message that “...but he’s not really supposed to be a 30-year-old” is nonsensical to the point of stupidity.

The onus is not on me to stop expecting 30-year-olds to behave as adults, nor will I drop that expectation just to make an effort to like a character I am under no obligation to like (although, if Abrams in Episode IX decides to make him more likable, I will welcome it).

@Strategize : Again, Han’s effort does not have to have a point other than to bring his own arc full circle. And that purpose is served regardless of whether Kylo is redeemed and lives.

4. DjTomek

DjTomek Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 20, 2018
    How would that work in respect to Han and Leia's age though (more exactly Ford, Hamil and Fisher's age) ?

Yeah but they are adults/young adults in the context of the movie, witch is part of a franchise targeted at teenagers and early teens.That is why people at that age range will feel more connected to the movie and understand it more than you and me, because it speaks to them, not you and me. Thats why the kids who saw the OT and the kids who saw the PT are today adults who still love them even though they see some things in a different light because they grew up.

5. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Can we bring this discussion back on topic please? There are more than enough places to discuss the morality of Kylo Ren’s actions and the way he’s portrayed.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Last shot -- my guess --- which I've been thinking of lately if they go the reylo route --

Rey speaking to a young boy and girl (twins -- cliche I know) about the great Jedi their father Ben was and how they too will learn to use their power as their father and great grandfather did, as she leads them to a new Jedi temple with other Jedi training, as the spirit of Ben, Luke and Leia look on.

I don't know how to fit Han into there since he isn't a jedi

7. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    If they go the Reylo route, I would have Rey in a new planet, setting a new Jedi Temple. A small boy (clearly implied to be their son) comes and asks if they will see Ben again. Rey simply smiles and both look at the skies to see Ben, with Jedi robes similar to those Luke wears on Crait, flies the Falcon into hyperspace.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Rey looking off into the distance to symbolize the Skywalkers which are behind her and the future which is ahead.

9. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Unless of course THIS little bombshell is true: https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2316502/wait-luke-skywalker-may-have-had-a-wife

I'm going to assume this is a mistake...but if true it opens up a new possibility...Rey telling Luke's wife (while a 7-10 year old plays outside with BB-8, Poe or Finn), that when the kid is older and if said child WANTS to learn about the force and become a Jedi...she'll teach him. You leave it there....the last Skywalker may become a Jedi...or perhaps they'll decide to make a difference without becoming one.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  10. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    You fell for clickbait. Already debunked as a 'what if'. Luke is thinking about what would have happened if he had given up R2 to the Empire and gone on to marry Camie.

He never married. Canon.

milena likes this.
  11. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Which is why I said "I'm going to assume this is a mistake" meaning I don't believe it...but if true, possible alteration on my previous endings presented.

At present the series seems to be headed for an end to the Skywalker/Solo line (going by the film and information/interviews from those people working on the films), and a focus on passing on what's been learned through success and failure to the next generation (Not necassarily those related by bloodline). I mean Rogue One killed the entire caste, TFA saw the end of Han, TLJ saw the end of Luke and the remaining memebers of that bloodline could easily follow the others. Even Star Wars: Rebels just killed off a major character...so a pattern is starting to emerge here.

I don't think we'll see Rey in the middle of a Jedi Temple....but we may see her and possibly some companions taking off into the wider galaxy to rebuild.

12. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    If the quote from here is true: http://www.hertfordshirelife.co.uk/...ng-park-school-to-hollywood-stardom-1-5382183

We may be narrowing our view of things too much, focusing on Rey or one family when Star Wars is determined to expand beyond that. Re-adjusting, the final shots of the film could involve Rey sensing the force growing in people throughout the galaxy. Like she takes a moment for herself, to reflect on all that's happened an in that moment she sees children summoning broms to their hands before watching the night sky, she sees healers knowing where to cut out a disease even when instruments fail them, she sees defenders finding the strength to act when exhaustion should claim them. She sees the pervasiveness of the force, and realizes just how Narrow the thinking of the Sith and Jedi had become, knowing that something new must grow from these lessons. Then BB-8 and Finn interrupt her meditations encouraging her to join them either in celebration of spirited discussion about what to do next.

13. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    You know, with the Solo Movie dropping in a few months we might finally get a look at Corellia on the big screen...might be worth it to have Rey, Finn and Poe pay their respects to the markers erected for Han and Leia in a memorial on Corellia....set it during sunrise to mark the dawning of a new day that their sacrifices helped bring about. Have Luke's force ghost standing nearby watching over the new heroes for a bit before nodding, satisfied and fading away.

They'll do even better.

14. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Han, Luke and Leia looking on as force ghosts because I feel like that’s what they were aiming for by killing them off, to replicate the effect Anakin, Yoda and Obi Wan had.

15. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    If it turns out that Luke has a wife and has some mysterious Skywalker kids running around then there will be certainly be Episodes X,XI and XII coming in 2027 or 2029.

16. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    It does not seem to be the case.

17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Wow, it took no time at all for the usual suspects, and arguments, to completely derail this thread with their off topic war. This is why we can't have nice things. I'm going to help you guys out. If all you want to do is argue about Kylo, there is a thread for it. Go there, and stay there. We are beyond tired of this taking over every other thread.
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...e-future-of-the-character-storyline.50038870/

Birkendoc likes this.
  18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Ok, reopening this with the reminder that this is about describing what you think the last shot of the Saga/Episode IX will be. It is NOT about arguing about Kylo, guessing about further episodes, etc.

19. cappoe

cappoe Jedi Master star 3

Jan 12, 2018
    Poe, Rey, Finn, and Rose celebrating on the victory and looked upon by the force ghosts of Luke, Han, Leia, and Ben as well. Ben will hug his father and mother or just his father and Leia will look on.

20. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    As I posted elsewhere, I'd rather see Rey and GhostLuke at the old Lars homestead, watching the sunsrise. It'd be both a callback to the original, and a hopeful sign for the future.

Oh, and I see Rey deciding to adopt the Skywalker name at the end of Ep. IX. Not because she's genetically related, but because she can now choose her own destiny and will just decide to use it, with GhostLuke's blessing. It's too good a name to let die, and she's more Luke's heir than Kylo/Ben is.

21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Someone walking off into the sunset.

Buddha Fett likes this.
  22. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    R2 & 3-PO.

23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    That would be splendid.

24. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    My guess on the last shot:
    The camera shows: Power converters at Toschee station being picked up by the broom boy

25. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    :_|

Dagobah_Dude and mlsw like this.