main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #7-12: The Dying Light/ Legacy's End (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Oct 27, 2017.

1. P4KISTAN

P4KISTAN Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2013
    The helmets resemble utapau airborne clone troopers:
    [​IMG]

2. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Adding to the discussion above about the apparent silliness of Sheev testing Vader with a family of bounty hunters, I was thinking the test was really in them being a tight family unit. When the parents told him, and meant it, that they would die before helping him if he killed their daughter, I felt it had to make Vader think of Padme and their (believed lost because of him) child. In that sense, I thought it was a pretty twisted, sufficiently dark side little test.

Rickleo123 and Daneira like this.
  3. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Oops dp, sorry.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    VADER RIDING A SPEEDERBIKE WITH HIS SABER OUT READY TO WRECK $%@&$@!!!

That is all.

5. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Anyone else notice that that's the old Sith Empire emblem, not the Galactic Empire insignia?

[​IMG]

6. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    You know it's funny, they pretty much had that exact conversation in Legends.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In The Rise & Fall of Darth Vader maybe:

"Perhaps you're not enjoying your new station in life, is that it? Perhaps you tire already of executing my commands." Sidious stared at him. "Perhaps you think you're better suited to occupy the throne than I am. Is that it, Lord Vader? If so, then admit as much!"
    Breathing deeply, Vader remained silent for a moment more. "I am but an apprentice. You are the Master."
    "Interesting that you refrain from calling me your Master."
    Vader inclined his head to Sidious. "I meant nothing by it, my Master. "
    Sidious sneered. "Perhaps you wish you could strike me down, is that it?"
    "No, Master."
    "What stops you from doing so? Obi-Wan was once your Master, and you were certainly prepared to kill him. Even if you failed."
    Vader clenched his right hand. "Obi-Wan did not understand the power of the dark side."
    "And you do?"
    "No, Master. Not yet. Not fully."
    "And that's why you don't try to strike me down? Because I possess powers you lack?" Sidious lifted his arms, hands deployed like claws, as if to summon and hurl Sith lightning.
    "Because you know that I could easily overwhelm the delicate electrical systems of your suit."
    Vader stood his ground. "I don't fear death, Master."
    Sidious grinned maliciously. "Then why go on living, my young apprentice?"
    Vader looked down at him. "To learn to become more powerful."
    Sidious lowered his hands. "Then I ask you one final time, Lord Vader. Why not strike me down?"
    "Because you are my path to power, Master," Vader said. "Because I need you."
    Sidious narrowed his eyes and nodded. "Just like I needed my Master - for a time."
    "Yes, Master," Vader said finally. "For a time."

Jedi Knight Fett, Vialco and Jedi Ben like this.
  8. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    So issue 12 comes out on Wednesday and we still haven't got preview ?

9. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    So issue 12 comes out on Wednesday and we still haven't got a preview ?

10. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    Sorry for triple post.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  11. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Lol @Grievpalpy75 when the net is a little slow don't keep clicking the submit button. When you do that it submits the post multiple times. What you can do is just copy what you wrote and wait a bit and if it hasn't gone through by then you can try again.

Daneira likes this.
  12. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    I'll keep that in mind.

13. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Yeah I was wondering about that. But Wednesday will be here before you know it so meh.

14. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Every week there's usually a few issues that don't get previews for whatever reason. This week, Darth Vader 12 was one of those issues.

15. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Jocasta Nu really was an arrogant Jedi Master. She received Obi-Wan's admittedly vague final message.

[​IMG]

And completely ignored it.

[​IMG]

Doing exactly what Obi-Wan said not to do, she returned to Coruscant and the Jedi Temple and promptly met the same fate as all the other Jedi that were there at the time of Order 66.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Her temerity aside, Nu succeeded in preventing the Jedi Archive's unparalleled knowledge and the information containing the location of Force-sensitive children across the galaxy from falling into the hands of the Sith. So just jot that down.

17. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    That is a fair point. Given that the Temple becomes the Imperial Palace, the Empire would have found that memory crystal sooner or later. Though to be fair Jocasta was caught and the crystal was taken from her. The only thing that kept the list out of Palpatine's greedy grasp was some fast talking on Jocasta's part.

Oh wait, you were talking about how she erased the entire Archive. That was indeed a huge blow to the Empire, since Grand Inquisitor had just started sifting through the immense store of knowledge. I'd almost say that it was worth her sacrifice to take that information from the Empire.

18. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    But Jocasta Nu could have escaped with the list... she thought it was rude an Inquisitor threw her book and did not appreciate it, and it ultimately cost her and potentially future Jedi. I am not sure if she was written to be likable or unlikable, but I did not like her.

Rickleo123, Vialco and kalzeth like this.
  19. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    That's an even better point. If Jocasta just controls her anger like a good Jedi, she walks out of the Temple unnoticed with the list. She probably would take a good two decades to find and train up her students. But by the time of ANH there would be dozens of Jedi Knights and Masters ready to return to the fight and help the Rebels against the Empire. The war could have been won much faster and there would be a real New Jedi Order. Not the sham that was Luke's failed academy.

kalzeth likes this.
  20. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Perhaps she was just written to be complex... that´s a plus in my book! She was well intentioned, brave and surprisingly resourceful; she was also arrogant, dogmatic and unable to adapt to the situations presented to her. I´ve always believed that she was meant to be an example of these traits within the Jedi Order, and her character in this comic does seem to work within those parameters...

21. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I mean yeah she is complex, I am just saying I am not sure how they meant her to come off, but I disliked it.

kalzeth likes this.
  22. Purpilia

Purpilia Jedi Master

Jan 2, 2010
    Ultimately, I think it is better that Jocasta does die before getting to train her students. Careless or not, had she simply escaped with the list she still would have had a target on her back. Should she have been successful at gathering all of the younglings on her list at her academy, she would most likely have been found sooner or later because the Inquisitors were hunting her. Her searches would have drawn their attention. Then not only would she be killed, but so would her students. Plus her archives would be lost. While she did act impulsively, perhaps the Force was guiding her to her death, to ensure that the Order lived on.

23. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    It didn't live on. The Jedi were whittled down to a single Knight by the Battle of Endor. That lone Knight proceeded to drop the ball and screw up utterly, leaving nothing but a barely trained girl as the only heir to the Jedi ways. All of Jocasta's hoarded knowledge did Luke Skywalker absolutely no good.

kalzeth likes this.
  24. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    I am hoping we get a book between Jedi and Awakens that has Luke doing a Star Wars version of Dune’s great Scattering post Leto II’s death. Luke trains the first class and sends out selected students to start new Jedi colonies in the unknown regions. Luke stays behind to keep training the less skilled students and Ben. Ben and Luke have their tiff and Ben wipes out the substandard students.

Then post sequel trilogy, we can have Jedi pilgrims returning to the Core and encountering Rey and her new students.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  25. Purpilia

Purpilia Jedi Master

Jan 2, 2010
    Yeah but the story isn't finished. Thirty years, fifty years, a millennia or twelve, the Force is timeless and the current state of the galaxy should not be the metric by which we judge how the story turns out. I think, narratively, it stands to reason that the Force should be in it for the long run. That it would make sense that Jocasta's failure fifty years earlier would lead to Forceful children half a millennia later feeling the Force at the end of The Last Jedi.