main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2018 Awards Customer Service Desk (Rules and FAQ thread is stickied!) ** VOTING CLOSED **

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Jan 6, 2018.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes.

Findswoman likes this.
  2. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I'm probably doing this wrong...

3. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    "Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The future, the past. Old friends long gone ... "

After spending some time here, I want to thank the compiler of the index for first, the hard work in maintenance and next, the nostalgic trip back to '06, when the boards were fresh and new to me.^:)^ Oh, reading the names of those long ago, vanished authors and friends ... =((

The Golden Yodas award long ago honored an interesting category to the author @Glad is June because it's tough enough to come up with one plot, let alone a sub-plot. Or two. And not allowing the sub-plot to take over ...[face_mischief]

Glad Is June
    Amidala is the Key (2001 - Summer, All eras, Best sub-plotting) -- partially saved on the WBM

Best wishes and thanks to the nominators and those handling all the data at end of day and throughout the weekend. Looking forward to many good reads and much fun!!

AzureAngel2, Kahara, Sith-I-5 and 2 others like this.
  4. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Nominations have been officially closed! Thank you everyone who nominated.

There has been a slight change of plans. We are still hoping to get the nominations list up by Monday February 5th (as originally planned) however we are going to delay putting out the voting survey by 2(ish) weeks. This will give us a chance to make sure everything on the voting survey is correct and a chance for those nommed in the author categories to be contacted regarding links (we will contact you if you are nommed in these categories with instructions. Plus everyone (including mods and volunteers) time to read before voting starts.

AzureAngel2, jcgoble3, Kahara and 6 others like this.
  5. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    The list of nominated stories and authors is now up here.

Note, we are still getting links in from those nominated for author categories. We will update the list as we get them. ALSO, we are willing to pull nominations at authors' requests until the voting survey goes live in about 2 weeks (we will have an exact date closer to then).

AzureAngel2, Kahara, pronker and 3 others like this.
  6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Since I have a story erroneously nominated in two length categories, which is not fair to people competing in the category where it does not belong, I will take you up on that offer. :)

Side note: I just told @ihatesandtoo about this and she said we're all crazy. :p

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  7. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    How much time left if we want to change our minds even further? Thanks. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    (double post...in 2018! O_O)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Do you mean to pull a story out of voting?

Two weeks from when we posted was the 19th and we're on track to meet that. So in order to pull something before voting goes live, you'd need to do so before the 12am on the 19th PST. But the sooner the better.

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    The survey is now live and you are allowed to vote!

To get the link to the survey, please go to the Awards Rules and FAQ that is stickied at the top of Resource, or click here.

Remember you need to register with the mods before you can vote. It's super easy! See the Rules and FAQ thread for more info.

Also, we've extended the voting by one week to give you a bit more time. The survey will now close on March 25.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Yay! Time to read everything that I have not read previously, though I know who gets my votes. :D

And...wait, I need to catch up with many things first. Okay, some of them match the above criteria. :p

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  12. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    This is good news! I am working on getting my ballot together and hope to be ready with it in the next few days. Always fun to do this particular "civic duty" (though tough with all the excellent choices this year!). :)

In the meantime, as we work on our ballots, I hope it's all right if I share a little piece of voting-related advice from one of the journals of the 18th-century British cleric John Wesley (it's completely nonsectarian, in case anyone has any concerns—this is a Jewish girl posting this, after all):
    Still good advice today, methinks, and may it be so for us. @};-

13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    That was beautiful!

But it won't stop me from betting with myself again. :p

EDIT: Voted! [face_dancing]

Also, I win best signature and @BookExogorth wins best username. Because I said so.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  14. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    So, having nominated, I need to re-register to get a different code for voting?

15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    No. This was one thing I wasn't sure about myself, then it turned out the same code is valid for both rounds. :)

16. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Cheers, EP.

17. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Just a reminder that the fanfic awards voting is going on. See the Rules and FAQ stickied at the top of this forum for how to vote. Everyone: readers, writers, and lurkers are allowed to vote! Voting ends March 25th!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  18. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Bumping up as another reminder that there is still time to vote! You have a little more than a week to get those votes in!

19. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Just a reminder that you have a week left to vote. Voting will close at midnight next Sunday!

21. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Voting complete. Now back to school.

AzureAngel2, Kurisan, pronker and 3 others like this.
  22. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I hope my votes came in safely about 3 weeks ago... [face_nail_biting]

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to vote and have yet to ask for a code (and yes, if you nominated, just use the same code for voting as well) PLEASE DO SO SOON. Not sure about Mav, however I will be on (probably) only late tonight and late tomorrow night.

PLEASE VOTE!!!!

24. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Voted :)
    Sorry for being so late.

25. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Voted a while back, just here to cheer on the sidelines. [face_dancing]