main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MattOrgana, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    Just an aside, MH will be reciting a letter that Carrie "wrote to Princess Leia" for a charity in LA among other actors. This should be hilarious. So glad he's keeping her memory alive.

jaqen and MattOrgana like this.
  2. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    That's the new rule. It's perfectly fine that the other two middle chapters didn't tell the complete story, but TLJ is a failure because it didn't cover IX's story.

3. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    This seems contradictory. How can she think he’s redeemable, so Luke tells her he’s redeemable? You say it yourself - Ben is not completely gone and Luke knows it, Rey apparently knows it, but his mother who he couldn’t bring himself to kill doesn’t know it. Leia shouldn’t be third behind Luke and stranger Rey of all people in believing in her son. It’s not a question of abuse (as I saw someone else state), it’s a question of a mother’s faith compared to an uncle’s and a stranger’s. Although in another way, mom being insignificant and having the least important bond in SW is kind of tradition.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    Solo88 and wobbits like this.
  4. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I think Leia had just accepted failure and finally given up before Luke restored hope. Then luke told her it wasn't so. I didn't like seeing Leia's faith lost.

Mothers in the past seem to get treated like that in star wars. Shmi, Padme, Lyra in rogue one

AhsokaSolo likes this.
  5. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    While Carrie's death obviously creates plenty of problems for IX, I feel the bigget hurdles for JJ are the ones Rian laid out for him in how he handled Leia, Ben and, most of all, Snoke's demise.

With Snoke out of the picture, who are you turning Kylo away from? Himself? This is why it was crucial for GL to introduce the Emperor as Vader's master, and for Vader to kill him to return to the light. With Kylo killing Snoke in the 2nd part and turning more toward the dark, where do you go from there?? This coupled with Leia being gone completely messes up the entire trilogy...

This is why a page one rewrite was needed for IX. IMO this is going to feel more like a brand new story, with a few familiar characters taking part.

6. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Carrie, or no Carrie, it's clear that was always the point. Disney didn't buy LFL to wrap up GL's saga. They intended to crack this saga wide open and recreate it in their own image.

11-4D likes this.
  7. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Leia and the Resistance were facing near certain demise, it makes sense that she may lose faith when the FO is laying waste to their base. I feel they scripted it that way so Luke could restore hope on all levels. I imagine Leia would have resolved to pull her son from the dark in the final chapter, I cant begin to think how they will resolve it without Carrie.

sethg and jaqen like this.
  8. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
  9. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    A very happy birthday to the one and only Mr. Gary Fisher, who turns 6 years old today.

[​IMG]

11-4D, Jedi Jessy, DarthHass and 3 others like this.
  10. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Carrie...Leia....

Remember.....we love you....you won't be far away
    We'll just close our eyes......and bring back yesterday
    And we'll be there...together
    Love will turn back the hands of time....

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  11. Scruffy nerf

Scruffy nerf Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2015
    is that Grease 2?

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yup.

13. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Fitting I guess considering that Carrie was up for Grease.

14. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
  15. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
  16. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
    The Last Jedi Tie-In Novel Teases Leia’s Fate Ahead Of Star Wars: Episode IX

TLJ novelization spoilers:

Han made a Leia figure out of wood the night before the Battle of Endor. It is burned or used during a brief memorial for Han during the evacuation.

Conscious Leia reaches out to the fleet and tries to reach Luke. She also feels people on worlds they pass by in hyperspace. She feels Poe's pride from the earlier fight.

Luke abandoned Leia when Kylo turned. Leia was not happy about it.

Toddler Kylo often played with the dice or showed it around in adoration of his father. Kylo would break stuff around the house with the Force while growing up. Leia and Han would worry behind closed doors, which Kylo did not like.

Kylo does not fire on Leia, because he feels she is not angry at him.

Leia finds her way back to the ship via the Force signature of dying micro-organisms blown into space.

17. Solo88

Solo88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2018
    What a great way for Leia to go. Jesus….shakes my head. RIP Carrie. You deserved way better than this.

18. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Perish the thought for whomever conceived that piece of writing.

19. Scruffy nerf

Scruffy nerf Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2015
    No. Just no.

20. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    If the crawl explains that Leia accomplished something significant for her legacy before she passes, I won’t complain about it. There should be some point to her survival during the spacewalk. Although, I thought like that before the era of pointless subversion, so wth knows.

cerealbox likes this.
  21. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    That sounds like an incredibly stupid exit for Leia.

Let's hope that's now what JJ picks up on.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  22. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I dunno if you want a reason then there it is - makes sense that something that happened to her in TLJ leads to her death & thus not return in EP9...I mean what can JJ do apart from say she died some other way , we'll never see her again so does it really matter....

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  23. Solo88

Solo88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2018
    Wow, I'm speechless with this statement.

24. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Because Carrie died, it doesn't matter how Leia is written out?

25. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Perhaps Kylo believes that Hux killed Leia in Ep. 9 and is planning on killing Hux which of course would send Kylo even further to the dark side. But then Kylo some gets a message from Leia. Leia tells her son something he doesn't want to hear. Leia makes Ben admit that he really doesn't believe that Hux killed Leia. Rather Kylo wants to believe that Hux killed Leia because it would be easier for Kylo to blame somebody else for the loss of his mother. Leia tells Ben that killing Hux is really more about Ben retreating into a place of denial in the hopes of escaping the pain he's suffering from, and killing Hux has less to do with avenging his mothers death. The hardest thing for Ben to do is to stop fighting the pull of the light. It's been his real struggle and what he's been fighting for these last two saga movies.

It might seem tricky to convey all of that without Carrie Fisher in the movie but I think some creative narrative tricks could make it work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.