main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Doctor Aphra #14-19: Remastered (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedha John, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Given that she's ordered the torturing of somebody, by Triple Zero, on Vader's behalf (that guy who knew Padme had been made to look Still Pregnant when she died), and has shown no signs of remorse regarding it - some "alignment systems" might have her as already across the line into Evil.

Jedi Knight Fett and Jedi Ben like this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    hahaa I loved how Aphra literally wrapped Hera up in a bow. Also the Sinister Six reference was awesome, I love when they sneak Marvel easter eggs into Star Wars.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    UnshavenWookie14 likes this.
  3. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    I think I missed this the first time around...

Tolvan found Aphra's Holo-Communicator in the air shaft. On first read, I was thinking that Aphra was in a rush, stashes Tolvan's body back in the air shaft to help her hide from the rebels, and accidentally loses her bracelet and communicator in the process. But, when Aphra asks to borrow someone's communicator she stresses that she lost hers by accident.

"Say, I seem to have misplaced my Holo-communicator. By accident. Anyone got a spare?"

Basically, Aphra left her bracelet for Tolvan as something to remember her by and her communicator so that Tolvan could get back in touch with her. That is pretty cool.

4. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Really like this series so far. She's very interesting and badass

5. UnshavenWookie14

UnshavenWookie14 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2017
    [face_phbbbbt] I hate missing Easter eggs. I’m a DC guy so I completely missed this. Marvel might have a deeper bench overall, but nothing tops Batman for me. Rebirth has actually been pretty good though.

But Hera wrapped up in a bow literally made me bust out laughing when I saw it. Hera was giving Aphra that look she gave Zeb when he gambled chopper away.

If Aphra ever popped up in the films who do you guys think might be cast as her? The cover art preview for the next issue looked great and for some reason made me start wondering that for some reason. I couldn’t put my finger on who I could see playing her though.

6. Jedha John

Jan 19, 2017
    Kylo Ren will be on the galactic icons variant cover of Doctor Aphra #18.

[​IMG]

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So speaking of the revelations in the final episode of Rebels, spoilers

Dahh, where's Jacen! Suddenly, Hera being gift-wrapped and delivered to evil is slightly less funny. The bow is still great, though.

I guess he could still be on station, somewhere. And not as if she would be talking about him all the time. But if they do drop a reference to her having a kid in the next few issues, I would be truly impressed by some Star Wars Story Group Synergy.

8. Jedha John

Jan 19, 2017
    Really good point you raised...
    I think Jacen would be around 1 year old or less at the time of the Remastered arc, so I will be surprised if he isn't mentioned at all. At least in Hera's thoughts as she might not want to tell Aphra she has a child for fear that could be used against her somehow. Really looking forward to the next issue.

On an unrelated note, I'm still getting my head around the fact that Ahsoka survived through the OT. Loved the way she was drawn in that last shot of the SWR finale with the robe and staff. Love Ahsoka and so happy to know we'll get more adventures with her in hopefully a variety of mediums.

9. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I know this is already for the next arc, but it's extremely early in the morning here (8:38 am) and I was too lazy to search for a more appropriate thread :p. Just look at this amazing cover.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

10. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Marvel are really excelling when it comes to the cover art. That one is particularly amazing.

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  11. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Is Sana still with Han, Leia, and Luke or has she left that group now? I havn't recalled seeing her for awhile so I looked up her Wook page and infact she hasn't been in the series since issue 37.

12. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    Well, the Jedha arc began with issue 38. So all we can say is that she wasn’t on the mission to Jedha or issue 44’s recent mission to Mon Cala. Who knows - she could still show up in the Mon Cala arc.

13. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Sana and Dr Aphra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_love]
    [​IMG]

Senpezeco and AhsokaSolo like this.
  14. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    In hindsight, I should have been expecting a Hera or other Ghost crew cameo now that Rebels is over and we know who survived and what they are up to now, but I was shocked and excited anyway to see Hera. I scanned every page for a hint of Jacen. The big red bow floored me [face_laugh]. It’s very earth-like in its humor but I don’t curr.

Aphra and Tolvan so work for me. This comic has it all. Great romance, surprises, adventure, moral dilemmas, personal introspection. Love the cover for the next issue. Aphra looks adorably relaxed and fun while marching pissed off Hera in cuffs [face_tee_hee]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    Jedi Ben, Jedi Jessy and La Calavera like this.
  15. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I am now fully convinced that these comic series are the best of new canon Star Wars comics.

16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    One of the nice benefits of buying the Marvel comics in OHC format and keeping an eye on the current offerings is you know where a series is going, which in turn sells you the OHC (or not).

An arc with Vader and then Hera sounds a worthwhile buy - and yes, Aphra gets an OHC in Sept.

17. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I would cast Olivia Munn as Doctor Aphra.

18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Not a bad idea, looks-wise, personally I would cast someone with talent and acting ability otherwise you just end up with another Psylocke incident.

Charlemagne19 likes this.
  19. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Sadly, as a fan of the Newsroom, I know Olivia Munn can act just fine. It's just they forgot to give her any lines in Apocalypse.

Worse, she gave up the job of Vanessa in Deadpool for it.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    BobaMatt likes this.
  20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Morena Baccarin is fantastic and I loved her in Season 1 of Homeland. Maybe she can play Aphra. :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  21. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Gillen says he wants her to be played by Ellen Wong. Morena Baccarin isn't even Asian.

22. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Doctor Aphra #21 solicit.
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #21
    SIMON SPURRIER (W) • KEV WALKER (A)
    Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    GALACTIC ICON VARIANT COVER BY ROD REIS
    “BROKEN, INSIDE” CONTINUES!
    Doctor Aphra may be in Imperial prison, but she’s certainly not alone. Rumors have it that these bars are haunted, but this rogue archaeologist knows there’s something much more valuable going on. Meanwhile, Aphra’s got information--information that the Rebellion wants. But how far are they willing to go--and who are they willing to recruit – in order to get it?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization.
    Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd.

tatooinesandworm and Jedha John like this.
  23. Jedha John

Jan 19, 2017
    For those interested in the Galactic Icon variant covers, I am guessing that Emilia Clarke's character, Qi'Ra, from Solo: A SW Story, is going to be on the cover of Doctor Aphra #19. Just a guess as "scoundrel" Han Solo from the new movie is on the cover of SW #46 and "scoundrel" Chewie from the new movie is on DV #14. Only stands to reason that Marvel will continue the pattern and feature a galactic icon variant from Solo: A SW Story on the Doctor Aphra #19 cover.

24. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Constance Wu.

25. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Interesting. I have trouble seeing her as anyone other than Jessica Huang, but I wonder if she could surprise me.

To me, Chloe Bennet was literally born to play Aphra. The stars just need to align to make it happen.