main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RJ Trilogy The Rian Johnson Trilogy

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Make it a Space Pirate trilogy. Broom boi can become a pirate jedi. Tell me I'm not the only one who wants this.

2. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I would like a story about hyperspace explorers, set thousands of years before ANH. I remember reading the old 'Tales of the Jedi' story about a brother-sister duo who were hyperspace charters. And I have the (no longer canon) Essential Galactic Atlas, and it excited me to read about hyperspace mappers who figured out the safe routes through hyperspace (often dying in a process of trial and error). You could have wars being fought for control over certain routes, and maybe the earliest Republic is born out of some alliance of powers that group together to take joint control.

3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    RJ’s trilogy is going to be set in a remote part of the galaxy never explored before and cut off from everything in the saga films? Sounds like a good place for a prison planet.

4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    You looking of a bit of Vin Diesel in your movies?

5. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Ha. I totally forgot about those Riddick movies. I only saw half of one of them and fell asleep watching it.

Granted a prison planet isn't an original idea but it might provide the opportunity to show us a side of the galaxy we haven't seen a lot of in the Star Wars films. I'm thinking it would be a New Republic prison so ostensibly the people locked up there are bad people versus if the prison was a First Order prison. There could be a lot of cool things to explore.

6. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Why am I seeing so much speculation about this trilogy focusing on broom boy? Johnson likely conceived that character back when he was writing the script for TLJ, well before he had the idea for this trilogy.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  7. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    My guess is that the RJ trilogy will take place on Hosnian Prime and it'll take place right before the planet gets blown to smithereens. They're introduce a whole new cast, we'll fall in love with them and then boom, bye, bye, the end.:p

B3 and GregMcP like this.
  8. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    You are not alone.
    Can Vin Diesel be the Space Pirate?
    Bcs Johnson forced me to notice him. A character like that has potential. Speaking only for myself, ofc.
    [​IMG]
    :p:p:p

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Most likely because everyone likes stuff being connected these days.

10. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Broom Boy was just Rian saying "And so the story goes on..."
    He's an easy character to trot out when talking about what comes next.
    Of course no-one knows how personally that character will be used. Probably not at all.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I am sure when the new canon is a decade old we will have 5 books on him.

12. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Isn't Rian Johnson only directing the first movie of the new trilogy?

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s confirmed he is directing the first one, but it is not set in stone if he will direct or not for the other two.

14. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    And whatever they say now, who knows what the circumstances will be in 2021, 2023.

15. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Which honestly is the earliest they could possibly come out! There's plenty of time for mind-changing on the direction...

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just saw your sig. Looks like it will need an update to include this trilogy. :p

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  17. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Filled with double y chromies.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  18. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    If Rian Johnson's trilogy is set in the future or if the timeline is purposely left vague do you think they'll do away with the "long ago in a galaxy far far away?" intro?

Speaking of the timeline for this trilogy I've speculated before that they'd keep the timeline ambiguous until the end of the last movie but what if they never tell us when the movies are set? Furthermore what if RJ keeps the timeline ambiguous in order to let future writers decide when the events of the RJ trilogy took place? Would it be cool to watch post-RJ trilogy Star Wars movies and wonder if the RJ trilogy were events that already happened or were going to happen in the future?

That said I don't know what the narrative purpose would be to do that. If there isn't one it would be nothing more than a gimmick.

Tho Yor and TX-20 like this.
  19. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I have a feeling we will get our first news on this at next years celebration.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  20. DjTomek

DjTomek Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 20, 2018
    I always thought, what are the chances its actually a stealth sequel trilogy to the sequel trilogy. Rian seems to love Kylo and writing for him, maybe thats why they gave it to him ?

cwustudent likes this.
  21. I hope the movie is based in the Unknown Regions
    We could see Thrawn, The Chiss and the Yuuzhan Vong

In a world completely different from what we've seen in Star Wars
    Something like that would buy it immediately

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Thrawn did mention a evil far greater then the empire lurking out there.

23. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    yea I took from the broom boy scene that there is hope in the Galaxy for the Resistance!

24. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I agree, I hope its something with the unknown regions.

25. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I don’t understand why they don’t use Thrawn. The character is extremely popular considering his action figure is always sold out everywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.