main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Avengers: Endgame (untagged spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I was 19 years old in 1991.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  2. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Ah so a young man in 1991 though of an age that some would say is still a "boy" :p

I was 17 that year.

Iron_lord likes this.
  3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I wasn’t even born yet.

4. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    So even Vision is younger than you?

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    TBH, yeah, it's the all too normal and almost human eyes what ultimately does it for me. Guess M. Night Shyamalan did have a point with that line in Unbreakable.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Release date has been moved up - April 27th. Presumably to give Solo some breathing room.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm not sure if the move up date was for Solo, since Solo will still have to deal with Deadpool 2 and think there was enough breathing space between Infinity War and Solo to begin with.

I think the move up date is to prevent spoilers. Well, at least, it would help me with that.

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Three weeks between the two largest releases of the year by the largest studio isn't much room at all.

Four weeks isn't, either. Avengers will absolutely eat into Solo's run (and vice versa), even with this new date, but every week helps.

Master_Lok and tom like this.
  9. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    That's great. I hope I can sneak out of school and other tests to catch a screening before late May.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    You think Solo will be a larger release that Black Panther?

And I'd think Infinity War would want to get more space away from Deadpool 2 than Solo. And as mention previously, I feel Deadpool 2 is more of a concern to either Infinity War or Solo than IW is to Solo. Infinity War is likely to make the bulk of its box office take in the first three weeks as everyone that wants to see the film would by have then.

11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Almost everyone. :D

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i think heels' point is more that, while they can't control when other studios release their films, disney has no real reason to compete with themselves.

heels1785 likes this.
  13. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Really hope Thanos is made to look quite strong....... Gonna be awesome though, then we get Solo :)
    [​IMG]

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm sure they moved it to cut into the DCEU's release earni--- oh, yeah...

heels1785 likes this.
  15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    It should be, yes.

My take - Disney doesn't give a flying **** about Deadpool, until they start making his movies. Fox and WB are small potatoes to Disney, at this point, even if Deadpool earns a ton - the MCU films are bulletproof, and the only threat to maximizing a run would be another Disney film - which they've inexplicably placed in front of Avengers.

edit - tom is spot on, as always. dp4m is awful, as always.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I also think it's possible that they think Black Panther has legs for another decent 7 weeks (not unlike Titanic) and they want a seamless transition between the two films... unlikely, but not out of the question.

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Quick, someone call Disney. Heelsy says they're doing it wrong, they must be alerted.

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I think that's more likely, that Disney would want to ride the coat tails of Black Panther rather than worry about Solo.

You have to keep in mind that Disney planned the release dates of Infinity War and Solo years ago; at least that's the case with Infinity War. I mean, the MCU films' release dates have been known for a few years, so Disney would know when to properly position Solo's release date accordingly. I don't think there were worried about the films taking money from each other then, and I don't think they're worried about it now.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    heels1785 likes this.
  19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Whatever the reason it's good news. It's a real pain avoiding spoilers for that one week when the worldwide release is earlier.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  20. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    FYI I only liked this post for the edit.

tom, heels1785 and dp4m like this.
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    dp getting some stiff competition these days from the snow cat traitor.

losing his mind yesterday over what version of groot was dancing around in pajamas, after promising an axe.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Diggy like this.
  23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Cry more is ------------------>

heels1785 likes this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    tee hee

Diggy likes this.
  25. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It's a real pain to stay off the internet?