main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    The idea that the Belter accent would be "consistently inconsistent" was actually intentional on the part of the actor who helped develop it for the show.

2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Snap I’m starting on the book myself :)

cthugha likes this.
  3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    @Senpezeco got me looking at Tagges in all their majesty on google just now and I found this, which like a @Gamiel I bring to share with you cultured masses:

[​IMG]

4. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    The Tagges are just the best.

Senpezeco likes this.
  5. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I know little about the Tagge family legacy outside of what people say about them on these boards. But regardless I still want a tagge family sitcom.

6. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    *hammers Like on all y'all's posts, then Unlike so I can re-Like, hundreds of times*

The image Coffee posted was the very first piece of Tagge fan art I ever saw. This bubblegum card was the second:

[​IMG]

That post has some fun tags that I 500% concur with:
    Evil Stevie Wonder, glam rock, Liberace style, Marvel Star Wars, rich people are bad, trading cards

(Is anyone else having trouble with the forum's alerts? I'm not receiving all the alerts I should be for my watched threads and username mentions. Sorry if I miss an @ from anyone.)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  7. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
  8. IG Lancer

IG Lancer Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 8, 2015
    In my country citizens above 18 years are allowed to have up to 5 big game hunting rifles, 12 hunting shotguns or varmint carbines and any number of sporting handguns, but you have to get a license, you have to pass psychological and aptitude tests in order to get the licenses, and the licenses are harder to get the more lethal the weapons are (a varmint gun license is easier to get than a big game license).

Also, all weapons are registered and are tracked by the police, you have to prove that you are using the weapon for its intended use (for example, by being part of a shooting club, for a sporting gun), they keep track of how many catridges you are buying (there is a limit to how many bullets you can hoard, no more than 200 big game catridge per year...) and you must keep your guns in a special steel box to avoid children grabbing them. The cops can come to your house and legally demand that you show them your guns in order to prove you are keeping them safe.

9. IG Lancer

IG Lancer Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 8, 2015
    Actually, Cesar did go to taverns and cheap brothels before becoming famous...

And he supposedly had quite a sense of humour, so I can see him grabbing the ball and playing with it.

10. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    So who wants to talk Gerrymandering? I have it on my mind cause this year is my first election and PA is notoriously poorly divided when it comes to districts. In fact the supreme court ruled that our map was unconstitutional and this is the first year with the new one. Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this personally in their districts?

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    No, I've lived in one-party* districts for entirely non-gerrymandered reasons all my life.

*both parties, at different times

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    vncredleader likes this.
  12. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Well that's good

13. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Having gotten around to seeing Black Panther this evening, I'm honestly feeling very confused that we haven't seen Jello gushing about it here in his usual royalist style. Not trying to sound accusatory here - if he just doesn't like superheroes or something that's his choice - but I had to raise the subject, because seriously.

Revanfan1 and Gamiel like this.
  14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh no -- in fact, I only watched Civil War because I was told it had royalty in it so naturally Black Panther was one of my more anticipated Marvel movies. I think in the end, it edges out Thor 3 as my favorite MCU film. Unsure where to put it next to Wonder Woman, but WW has that Greek mythology aspect to it that leaves me hard to objectively judge.

But no, everything from the themes, fashion, and characters was fantastic and naturally the princess was the best character.

15. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Thankfully, California has been fairly aggressive at fighting gerrymandering for the past few decades, with the end result (so far) being district creation at the hands of the California Citizen's Redistricting Commission, taking it out of the hands of elected officials who could benefit from gerrymandering. Our districts still have some wonkiness - the limb of the 21st district sticking into the 23rd district where I reside being the example I have the most experience with - but I think most of the irregularities are related to upholding the Voting Rights Act. They're certainly less wonky than they were in the past (look down at the 23rd district's history, when it was a coastal district that was known as "the district that disappears at high tide").

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I join the discussion with this (should point out that it's 10 months old by now)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    MercenaryAce and vncredleader like this.
  17. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
  18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do anybody know anything about farm animals in medieval Japan?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    cthugha and Ulicus like this.
  20. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    Thoughts and support to our British Isles Litizens - Storm Emma sounds like an absolute nightmare. [face_worried]

vncredleader likes this.
  21. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Just from a few google searches it appears that livestock was not super frequent in medieval Japan.

Gamiel likes this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I did a simlar searches but I have hard time really beliving many of the results I found since they show a lack of knowledge regarding European medieval farming

vncredleader likes this.
  23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Well since I used to teach this I should probably answer.

By that time Japan had a lot of the farm animal domesticates we're familiar with today. Lots of pigs and birds though. Pigs were really popular. Of the birds, they had chickens yeah, but lots of their own too. They had a domestic quail I think was unique to just Japan. They had a domestic duck, just like China and many other places in the world by that time, although it was really popular in China. They also had water buffalo. That was common throughout east Asia.

24. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    ?

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You can find them at Tatooine's poles

vncredleader likes this.