main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT I can't possibly be the only one

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Seagoat knows the truth! All the films are great!

Well, except for maybe the 11th one.. That one was iffy..

2. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I guess I should go on record and say I love I-VI equally. Rogue One and the Holiday Special are the next best in my estimation (for radically different reasons, true), then the two Ewok movies and the TCW pilot. I do agree that the eleventh one was iffy though.

Aaand I just took Seagoat's heartfelt paean to the Lucas Saga and made a snarky ranking post in it. I'm so ashamed.

3. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    What? You contradict yourself. How do you see the prequels as masterpieces if they are not perfect? In what sense they are masterpieces?

4. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I was 14 lol

Delving into my mind from 4 and a half years ago, I think I meant something like on an objective level, nothing is perfect, but "masterpiece" is a subjective word, or opinion (see the link in my sig I have had since that day) and one which I personally assign to the movies

5. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I definitely like the OT much more, but the PT was good. Not too hot on the ST, but it's not terrible.

Sith Lord 2015 and ObiWanKnowsMe like this.
  6. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    The only one who liked the prequels??? Are you possibly serious??? Definitely not!! I liked them and never once was discriminated against because of my opinion, except of course on the stupid internet, but NOT in real life. I don't know what country you live in but it must be a scary place if prequel-hate there is serious enough to make even fans doubt their own taste. Luckily it's not a country I live in. It sounds like a 1984-kind (George Orwell, not the actual year) of environment. I can only repeat how lucky I was to enjoy the prequels without all that hatred and negativity. :D It appears freedom of opinion is not that highly valued all over the world. Can't believe how lucky I was to have watched at least the latter two TPM sequels in the theater and NOBODY had and prejudice against them at all. People were all pretty relaxed and laid-back about them. Nobody would ever have even dreamed of attacking someone over a movie he liked. That was CHINA!!!! 2001 till 2011, some of the best years in my life. I couldn't have experienced the movies in a more neutral and hate-free atmosphere anywhere else in the world... POSSIBLY!!! Certainly not in Europe or America. So glad I was nowhere near those places then.

Deliveranze and MrMojoRisin like this.
  7. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I agree. The full saga is so rich. Yes, the PT has flaws but overall they are truly grand pieces of art. The style and details, the creativity, the jawdropping universe expansion, the tragic mythological element to Anakin's hero-to-villain story -- along with living without his wife after everything. The prequels are like the Titanic, you know the iceberg is coming -- you know Anakin is going to be a Sith but you gotta watch it anyways

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    what abowt the drood atak on the wuckys?

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Another person chiming in to say I have liked all 9 films so far.

B99 likes this.
  10. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Add me to the list. I like the prequels, especially ROTS. It's emotional and haunting and heartbreaking.

B99 likes this.
  11. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    OH MY GOD, WHY IS THIS THREAD STILL A THING

@B99 YOU ****

CIS Droid, darkspine10 and B99 like this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That's the greatest thing about the internet. Everything you do will be there forever. :p

13. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Why shouldn't this thread still be a thing? I expect that a PT mod would enthusiastically embrace the PT. And on a general level it makes sense to have a place for new arrivals (or anyone else) to have a place to add their agreement.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It's just @Seagoat being seagoat.

B99 likes this.
  15. PadawanGussin

PadawanGussin Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 6, 2017
    Each of the films adds to a very deep and interesting universe and storyline. Defiantly some flaws but good.

16. Jedimaster_Darklight

Jedimaster_Darklight Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 22, 2005
    You know, this thread has been ridiculed for its ability to cheat death on multiple occasions, but I think it holds a great, great message!

I consider myself a fan of the entire Star Wars saga and I hope it will never change. I have issues with some of the movies, but I've never lost faith in the franchise.

17. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I love all the Star Wars films! I could never say that about TPM though until recently. Jar Jar took me years to like him! :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome to the club. :p

19. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Yeah Jar Jar does that xD

And is now a performer...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    A depressed homeless one at that. :(

Mandalorian Riddler likes this.
  21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    #thisthreadlives

darkspine10 likes this.
  22. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    A masterpiece doesn't have to be perfect. No piece of art has to be "perfect". The pursuit of perfection arguably does not beget a masterpiece either.

Seagoat likes this.
  23. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Plus, perfection in art is entirely relative. If you asked me now (and really thinking back, then), SW pretty much is perfection to me

That, and I was frigging 14

This thread's haunting me

Martoto77 likes this.
  24. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Yeah. "perfect" is a bit of a fuzzy term. I can use perfect to describe a movie that's full of flaws but which I would nevertheless leave absolutely unchanged.

And when an artist's work seems like an attempt to achieve perfection in the eyes of the audience, it is often far less interesting, and less likely to be called a masterpiece, than something where the artist is trying to work something out that they clearly don't know how to perfect, or if they are following their instincts rather than what some might consider "perfection".

P.S. You've just made me feel very old.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  25. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    I think when I began this nightmare, I was thinking more like the idea of "Do people agree with my subjective opinion?"

That is, perfection in the sense of "This satisfies my personal tastes when it coems to-

Lol **** this. Oh my god, why is this thread still a thing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.